Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, GT -- meant to add, I recently read somewhere (can't remember where of course) about Constipation immediately followed by diarrhea, for someone else who had a tough time getting a diagnosis. In the end, the sentence that I recall was, if you have constipation immediately followed by diarrhea, that's THE sign that you have IBS. Did they mention that as a possibility? The SSRI might help with that, if it's the case.

M2G that banana sounds delicious. Will you eat the next one frozen or will you let it defrost a bit, either way sounds good though.

I just take it out and set it sit for a few minutes and then it gets soft pretty quickly.

HELLO MY PEEPS!!!!!

I am back from my sojourn into Germany. I just opened this thread for the first time in nearly 3 weweks, egad, there were like 10 pages to wade through! :P But I got to see the comments of concern for me and that really warmed my heart, thank you guys.

So, an update:

I went to Landstuhl, which is a military hospital in Germany. I went there nominally to get a hernia repaired but really to get tested for a neurological disorder. Turns out I don't have a hernia (wtf), which I guess is good except that this leaves me with the mystery pain I had in the first place, and no answers. Whatever I eat, be it a shake or a crunchy apple, once the food hits a certain point in my intestines, to the immediate right of my belly button, I get pain, real discomfort. This is every single time I eat, every time. Then when I have a BM, it is Constipation, immediately (like 10 mins later) followed by diarrhea, every time. The Dr said maybe I have IBS, and left it at that. geethanx. A CT scan of my belly, an ultrasound, an upper AND lower endoscopy, all showed nothing, though during the colonoscopy (ughh) he found polyps and took samples so I will hear on those in a few weeks.

During my thorax CT the neurologist found a cyst on my lung (wtf) and said it may be congenital ... it may not, we'll have to wait and see in 6 months. wtf? I'll just add that to my near-biblical list of misfortunes.

Saw a therapist while there, amazing, wish I coulda brought him back with me. They put me on Zoloft, it's been about a week and a half, not sure if I notice any effects yet, though I have the libido of a turnip ...

Got to do a bit of sightseeing, the hospital chaplain organizes trips for the Wounded Warriors, all costs covered and we get to be away from the hospital and just see regular life. I went to Mainze and Saarbrucken, Saarbrucken had this fantastic store called Primark with some great deals - I got a fleece lined hooded cableknit sweater with wooden toggles and leather ankle boots for 20 euro!

I had commercial internet there, which I don't have here (gov't computer doesn't let me see everything) so I had access to Youtube and blogs so I did a lot of research and discovered Dr. Terry Wahls and the Wahls Protocol, which has prompted the massive overhaul in my diet that I have mentioned on other threads.

Anti-inflammatory is the name of the game now, massive amounts of Omega3s, Fiber, lean Protein, and among other things, seaweed.

It is unbelievably difficult to eat healthfully out here, and to get Protein while avoiding red meat since we almost never get chicken.

So that is, believe it or not, the short version. I am not getting paid but still getting bombed at/shot at/exploded at.

Wow, GT, that sounds like the visit to Germany, even thought it was to be a hernia repair was well worth the time to go. Even though you don't have just ONE answer as to what's going on, at least you have some answers and a place to start. I'm sorry that you have such a hard time getting the proper foods while being deployed. When does your deployment end?

Has anyone heard of/tried putting coconut oil in their coffee and cooking with it to help weight loss? Been reading a bit about it and a lot of people seem to like it...

So I have heard that coconut oil is like this super-oil, but haven't heard about it in coffee. Actually my frozen choc. banana thing a page or so back was from the internet (of course!) and it called for using coconut oil but I didn't have any and subbed seasame seed oil and it worked just fine.

I already put a sprinkle of cinnamon and a sprinkle of salt (to reduce the acid flavor of coffee...sounds unusual but totally works) in my coffee (before it's brewed, I sprinkle both on top of the grounds.) I may have to try the coconut oil thing...

Oh and I saw 159 AGAIN! Could I have another new low bounce range? Defo see a pattern forming here

Awesome! Both you and FYE, getting some movement on the scale...woo hoo!

Okay, fasting today...we have 3 out of 4 of the family members going in different directions tonight, gah! I think it sounds like a shredded chicken in the crockpot kind of night.

I already put a sprinkle of cinnamon and a sprinkle of salt (to reduce the acid flavor of coffee...sounds unusual but totally works) in my coffee (before it's brewed, I sprinkle both on top of the grounds.) I may have to try the coconut oil thing...

Okay, I'm totally intrigued! How much is a sprinkle of cinnamon and salt? Normal salt? I would love to try this, my coffee pot makes about 4-5 American-size cups when we make a whole pot, so I wouldn't like to overwhelm with the cinnamon or salt, but I would defo like to try this!!

Well the cinnamon started just because I love the taste of cinnamon. Then I found out there are loads of health benefits to cinnamon so now it's just par for the course that we add cinnamon (just about 2 or 3 shakes of pure cinnamon right over the top of the grounds.)

The salt, well, DH is loves the show with Alton Brown...Good Eats. He mentioned adding salt to your coffee to take off the slightly acid flavor of coffee. We tried it and were pleasantly surprised that it worked.

Here is a link if you want to read more about salt in your coffee. Usually 2 shakes does the trick for a pot of coffee. The link has a great photo of how it should look so you don't add too much.

http://blog.khymos.org/2010/03/21/a-pinch-of-salt-for-your-coffee-sir/

No wonder I enjoy my coffee so much. :wub:

Awesome, thanks!!! :)

I love cinnamon too... for some crazy reason it is on the list of pre surgery "no nos" but I add it to lots of things normally...yum~!

Was supposed to fast today. All was well until lunch - had a small portion of cheese and pot pie (not a lot of cheese) - anyway, after lunch I just felt blurgh! Dizzy and lighted headed - like I was nearly drunk without the alcohol!

I came home from work just feeling 'sad' - no reason to either, nothing has gone wrong... anyway, I haven't stuck to the 500 cals, will do it tomo instead.

I don't normally feel like this, and I am not one for tea and sympathy, I suppose I'm just having an off day!

Hope everyone else is a little more upbeat!

I know that bad day feeling coops..

I have to say looking at your avatar pic, you look very slim for a 29 bmi....

Was supposed to fast today. All was well until lunch - had a small portion of cheese and pot pie (not a lot of cheese) - anyway, after lunch I just felt blurgh! Dizzy and lighted headed - like I was nearly drunk without the alcohol!

I came home from work just feeling 'sad' - no reason to either, nothing has gone wrong... anyway, I haven't stuck to the 500 cals, will do it tomo instead.

I don't normally feel like this, and I am not one for tea and sympathy, I suppose I'm just having an off day!

Hope everyone else is a little more upbeat!

Coops we all have days like that.. hope tomorrow is better for you.

I've never heard about coconut oil. Has it been on Dr OZ? We all know he's the authority on weight loss ( LOL ). Fasted today. Since I was busy at work.. it was easy to do. I drink green tea through the day and keep working. Came home cooked chicken parm for the family. Once I started eating my plate I was full after a few bits. Its 7:30pm EST I have a whole night ahead of me, trying not to eat.. If I can hang in there.. then I've done a great fast day. Wonder if its okay to eat less than 500 calories.

Well, today is not a NOLA fast day for me but I'm getting into a habit of along Monday a lower cal day because I hate having four higher cal days in a row! LOL. ANYWAY, I'm at about 578 now and my real fast day tomorrow.

Coops, yep, been there done that too! Some days are just bleck!!!

I'm having a lot of trouble fasting today too. I have defnite head hunger. I'll have to have a 10 calorie sf Jello later.

Hope you're feeling better Coops. I hate it when I feel like that.

Should hit about 550 if I only eat what is planned, which I think should be a cinch. Im going on Vacay on thursdays pm, so will probably fast on Wednesday... then just wing it until the following wednesday. Lots of hiking and kayaking, so fingers crossed that Ill come back without a gain. I know how you feel Coops, some days are just like that! I know here the weather is changing, and that makes me feel different. The clouds are rolling in, and its starting to look a little bit like fall! Take care girls!... oh and Brown, just make sure you don't feel deprived, its easier to stay on plan if you get enough to eat. My dinner was a little short, so I am having some SF pudding to up my cals and protein... and I like it! :P

Was supposed to fast today. All was well until lunch - had a small portion of cheese and pot pie (not a lot of cheese) - anyway' date=' after lunch I just felt blurgh! Dizzy and lighted headed - like I was nearly drunk without the alcohol!

Hope everyone else is a little more upbeat![/quote']

No upbeat here... Sad been sad all weekend.

Hope your day gets better tomorrow. I will be fasting then too.