Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well the good thing is 52 fasting works and it will come off quickly. and you have a tool now to do it

Swizzly!!!! Your house was burglarized ?? Wow! That's scary! Sad to think that we have to worry about our "stuff" if we go on a holiday!!! Glad you weren't home, though, when it happened.

So I just need to vent about something. I started my Women and Weights class last Tues. So then this week was week 2 (it's a 6 week class) and I've not been in *love* with our instructor but I do have to say she asked me what I hoped to get out of the class and I told her that I would really like to work on my form. I mean' date=' really, what's the point of going to the gym if you have crappy form and aren't getting the most out of your workouts. So she has been good about helping/correcting me etc. And I've been sore a lot which tells me that I'm getting to some un-used muscles by taking this class. So yesterday she took us down the main are of the gym where all the machines and the free weights are (this area intimidates me because it's usually where all the macho men hang out) and the machines are confusing, because there are so many things to adjust, etc. So I was HAPPY she took us there and I really liked the workout etc. But here is my vent. I mentioned that I've been doing Curves for the last 9 years and she and another lady looked at each other and were like "oh we can't believe that joke of a place is still in business"...hahaha. (I quit Curves this past Spring because I was spending time and money at the gym and not using Curves as much.) I WAS PISSED. You don't "endear" yourself to your clients by sh*tting all over the exercise that they have done. Yet EVERYONE who deems themselves some type of expert in "exercise" will guffaw at my efforts of 9 f'ing years at Curves. I went between 3-6 times a week CONSISTENTLY for 9 years. So yeah I didn't turn into a bodybuilder, and yeah I wasn't dripping sweat and horribly sore the next day, but honest to God it GOT me OFF the couch and doing something. I don't feel like those 9 years were a waste. My cardiovascular system certainly didn't feel like I was wasting it's time. Pffffttt. Okay, thank you for letting me vent. I'm letting go of this because I'm trying hard to like this woman. It honestly just amazes me at people's reactions.[/quote']

Girl, you deserve to vent! It irritates me that, as you said, they rip other programs that are designed to help women who wouldn't be exercising AT ALL get up and out. I did curves also and really liked it and felt it was what kept me active. I FELT the workouts and lost inches!!!

Dumb people!

Thanks, all. I'm definitely in a bit of a funk, but jet lag always totally messes me up too, so here's to a few more days of recovering and then hitting it again!! <3

Swissly I am so sorry to hear about this. It's a horrible feeling knowing somone was in your house.

(((Swissly)))

I am bummed because I did really well yesterday and I am still up 2 lbs from my lowest. Tonight the significant other is coming over and it's always a lot harder when he is around. All he does is eat, it seems.

I was in a bad mood so I didn't even go to the gym, which i know is stupid. I know I'd feel better afterward.

...oh and... I hit 173.1 this morning... officially off the two week 174.5... and I have lost more than my regain and am lower than my lowest post WLS! :D :D :D

Ok feed..

I went to costco and of all the things in the world what should I see??? A big ole box of ancient grain (spelt, kamut, quinoa, amaranth) organic

GRANOLA :P

So what do it do? Yep I bought it. On no it's like little golden nuggets of crack!

There goes my weight!

Sprinkle on your yogurt and blueberries. Measure and post in MFP. Your little gut microbes will thank you for it! Thats not a fart, its a million microbes all shouting "I love you!!!" :)

Fast day today and it is going to be an interesting one. Another funeral today but this one is different to last weeks, this lady is elderly(86) and it is the natural end to her life. I have known her since I moved here 7 years ago and have been visiting her in her care home as she does not have any family. I have learnt so much from her and she has been a true witness to her faith. It has been a privilege to know her and I am happy that I could arrange time off work to say my goodbye (for now).

Then this afternoon I have an interview! Yes they still interview the oldies. I used to teach in a mainstream college but when I moved here I decided to take a break but still wanted to be involved in education. I eventually got my job which is in a college for students with physical disabilities and my job is a mixture of care in the residence and education support in the classroom. The job I am going for is more a tutor roll so there is a teaching element as well as working on life skills with the student. It is a part time roll like I do now and in some ways is ideal. I have always looked at this job and thought yes I would like to do that but all the jobs advertised were always full time and this did not fit in with the rest of my life/responsibilities. Well the PT roll was advertised last week and I interview today. Fell so much more confident going in 90lb lighter.

Will log in later and let you all know how it went.

Good luck, Cathy!! Hope you get it!

LV- OMG I would NOT be able to control myself around the "golden nuggets of crack" haha! I am a HUGE sucker for granola and the best way for me to have it is to NOT allow it in my house. :) But sprinkling on yogurt is something that I've done before (I have made eggface Protein granola before ...with "click" Protein powder...omg combine my love of granola with my love of coffee!) but I have to MEASURE it out or I could just keep eating that stuff.

Cathy- Good luck with *hopefully* getting the job! I bet it was a great feeling going in at -90lbs LESS!!

OD- I bet it is hard to be around your BF who likes to eat. Have you told him about your food restrictions? I know you can't expect the world to conform to your eating habits, but maybe a friendly reminder that everything does NOT revolve around food? Just a thought...

So thank you all for your comments regarding the rudeness from my weight instructor scoffing at my previous attempts at Curves. To be fair I didn't elaborate with her...so she has NO idea that I spent 9 years working out there and that I felt it was beneficial, even though I was close to 300lbs, etc. I guess part of it was because of HER reaction when the word "Curves" was spoken and I didn't feel like "educating" her. But as I said I'm letting it go.

I'm sore as heck because yesterdays "regular" fusion class was almost a total weight workout (normally it's 20 mins cardio, 20 mins weights, 20 mins abs) but she changed things up this month and somehow she managed to work ALL the SAME muscles from Tues. weights class ..oy vey. Diff. instructor so it's not like she knew, but now I have to go to weight class again today and I'm dreading a little bit. Oh and the scale keeps going up. Awesome. And this is the reason that I didn't want to lift weights. Even though it's more than likely muscle...it messes with my head to know how hard I'm working in the gym and then see the scale go UP. Ugh.

FYE - I know you mentioned in the other thread taking measurements. I did not do all of them but I did my waist a while back and it hasn't changed at all. Now my tape measure is missing (thanks to my kids, playing with it....grrr) so I might have to get old fashioned and do a piece of string and lay it out flat to measure. Double grrr.

M2G - I've got the same reaction - perhaps to a lesser degree - when I mention Curves! People completely under estimate it. I think it is because it is aimed at 'women'? I say that 'cos when I say I got the boxing gym, people seem more impressed! I, like you, can't be arsed to educate em so I just shrug or drop a whitty comment like, yeah, you don't get a body like mine sat on your ass...lol!

Cathy, sorry about your elderly friend. I understand when you say how you've learnt from her - I can relate! And good luck with the interview - fingers, legs and arms crossed! Funny how losing 90lbs helps with confidence! Not only for the interview but for actually applying! Now I feel better in myself, I too have applied for internal posts - whether I get/got them or not is almost irrelavent cos at least now, I feel worthy to make the 'right noises'!

Fast day for me today - going well so far. Small portion of beef Jerky and 2 chicken legs with salad so far... will have a bit more chicken later, before I go boxing and I have enough cals for a Protein Shake after. Holding at my low and saw 159 again, but it isn't sticking yet - feels close though!

Going to make an extra effort to eat clean over the weekend, well Fri night and Saturday - they seem to be my 'problem' days at the moment - probably a relief that the working week has ended! However, Sundays seem to be really good - I don't look for food or snack even though I'm at home!

Good to see Cowgirljane here too - and at a new low!

Ladies you are making me go green with your numbers gong down and your low BMIs! I will join you one day!!

Sprinkle on your yogurt and blueberries. Measure and post in MFP. Your little gut microbes will thank you for it! Thats not a fart, its a million microbes all shouting "I love you!!!" :)

Lol! I hope my gut microbes enjoy it as much as my mouth!

Good news is that the girl child loves it too. So I have help with my gallon sized box :P

Cathy good luck, is it at the same school or another? And I'm sorry to here of your friend but take joy that you got to now her in life :)

M2G you are kicking ass!!!

Coops my new low is teasing me too,

And I'm sure that piece of pizza I ate last night didn't help :P

I see GT has shown up (glad to she is well) but is no longer fasting??

Hope the new diet works out for you GT.

Ok I'm fasting today too! So let's do this!

Fast day today and it is going to be an interesting one. Another funeral today but this one is different to last weeks' date=' this lady is elderly(86) and it is the natural end to her life. I have known her since I moved here 7 years ago and have been visiting her in her care home as she does not have any family. I have learnt so much from her and she has been a true witness to her faith. It has been a privilege to know her and I am happy that I could arrange time off work to say my goodbye (for now). Then this afternoon I have an interview! Yes they still interview the oldies. I used to teach in a mainstream college but when I moved here I decided to take a break but still wanted to be involved in education. I eventually got my job which is in a college for students with physical disabilities and my job is a mixture of care in the residence and education support in the classroom. The job I am going for is more a tutor roll so there is a teaching element as well as working on life skills with the student. It is a part time roll like I do now and in some ways is ideal. I have always looked at this job and thought yes I would like to do that but all the jobs advertised were always full time and this did not fit in with the rest of my life/responsibilities. Well the PT roll was advertised last week and I interview today. Fell so much more confident going in 90lb lighter. Will log in later and let you all know how it went.[/quote']

Beautiful. Just beautiful all the way around. That you have been there for your dear lady friend, that you are 90 pounds lighter and that you have this great opportunity! Thoughts with you today, my friend!

So, M2G, is the Protein based granola good? I imagine since Eggface made it! Gotta check that out. I would love some but like y'all, it's a true SLIDER and LOVER for me

FYE, doing my EAS now. Wonder why I didn't find/like these while I SHOULD have been doing shakes? LOL. Only thing is we got a new Keurig at work so I mixed a cup of coffee with it limei was before. Bleh! Think either more than I usually do or this brand coffee. (Not a coffee drinker). But I'm chugging it cause I am NOT wasting my shake! Ha! Maybe ill drink it slower. Ha!

Anyway, a fast day for me.

OD, you ought to tell him to eat before he arrives. Lol. Yeah, right, I know.

Coops, keep on Curving!!!!!!!! 159 here you go!

Laura, I'm glad to see you haven't posted anymore Butter pics today. :). If y'all haven't seem them, be sure to go to October 100 Mile Challenge. If you have a strong stomach. LOL

Have a great one, Peeps!

Catching up - so sorry about the burglary, I have had my house and my car broken into as well - it is awful...I was just so grateful that my small dogs were not taken or harmed - at least there was that little bit of light.

I think I would have a rough time with your trainer as well - I suppose if she knew your history she might never have made such disparaging remarks about anything that helps people to move more (and provide a safe, comfortable atmosphere for women, which can be rare) Maybe she simply hasn't had a lot of work experience with clients or customer service - bonehead moves like those you have describe seem like the hallmark of either an idiot or one who lacks professional skills with humans.

I did waterobics as well to start - and I loved it. My husband and I quit when the classes were too easy - I could launch myself 6 feet out of the Water haha (and they had really bad music 80% of the time). I think it is an excellent workout for folks who have joint problems - it was great for me because my jiggly was all under Water :)

Been having some rough fast days over the last week - they always seem to be over 500. I have been trying more of the Leangains pattern - fasting for 16, with an 8 hour eating window - for me that has been 3 pm to 9 pm with my wacky schedule. It seems to help with my hunger and getting the 500 days on track. so I am doing 5:2 with 16:8 in there lol. the weight is still shimmying up and down a bit by 2 lbs (168 - 170).

Fasting today and feel good - but the mornings are not problematic - its the afternoon and evening when my family is all home and the siren call of Starbucks calls to me lol.

Hangin in there and remembering my doctors stats - 50% EWL the first 6 months, another 25% during the next 6 months (75% down in a year - I was down 80%) and the last 25% can take 1-2 years...that is where I am :) with about 8 months to go to my 2 year year post op date.

Catching up - so sorry about the burglary' date=' I have had my house and my car broken into as well - it is awful...I was just so grateful that my small dogs were not taken or harmed - at least there was that little bit of light. I think I would have a rough time with your trainer as well - I suppose if she knew your history she might never have made such disparaging remarks about anything that helps people to move more (and provide a safe, comfortable atmosphere for women, which can be rare) Maybe she simply hasn't had a lot of work experience with clients or customer service - bonehead moves like those you have describe seem like the hallmark of either an idiot or one who lacks professional skills with humans. I did waterobics as well to start - and I loved it. My husband and I quit when the classes were too easy - I could launch myself 6 feet out of the Water haha (and they had really bad music 80% of the time). I think it is an excellent workout for folks who have joint problems - it was great for me because my jiggly was all under Water :) Been having some rough fast days over the last week - they always seem to be over 500. I have been trying more of the Leangains pattern - fasting for 16, with an 8 hour eating window - for me that has been 3 pm to 9 pm with my wacky schedule. It seems to help with my hunger and getting the 500 days on track. so I am doing 5:2 with 16:8 in there lol. the weight is still shimmying up and down a bit by 2 lbs (168 - 170). Fasting today and feel good - but the mornings are not problematic - its the afternoon and evening when my family is all home and the siren call of Starbucks calls to me lol. Hangin in there and remembering my doctors stats - 50% EWL the first 6 months, another 25% during the next 6 months (75% down in a year - I was down 80%) and the last 25% can take 1-2 years...that is where I am :) with about 8 months to go to my 2 year year post op date.[/quote']

I try to do 5:2 16:8 also as do several on here. Sometimes I make it, sometimes I don't! Made it to 15 hours to start this days fast. :)