Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Georgia I am really happy for you ! You're going to pass me by soon. I did pretty well today. I didn't graze and had a very light dinner so I could have my 100 calorie pack of almonds later. AND I worked out hard with my trainer. So I hope the scale gets back to where it was. I hate this going backward. I sure wish Globe would check in. She told me what she wanted in her care pacakage and it's stuffed full. I just need her address.

Hey didn't fiddle man send GT a care package? He might have her address. Worrh the try

Well shite. Looks like I gained about 5 lb in the US...though I probably deserved more than that LOL. Also haven't worked out in the slightest for over two weeks' date=' not even much walking or anything. We also got our house broken into and burgled while we were away, so that effing sucks. We have to clean up the mess and make a list of what's missing, just how I wanted to spend the remainder of my holiday. Shee-it. So I'm officially off plan till I go back to work next week, meanwhile I will feel sorry for myself and eat whatever I want I guess. :unsure: Jet lag still kicking my butt and making my sleep and appetite all messed up anyhow.[/quote']

Well the good thing is 52 fasting works and it will come off quickly. and you have a tool now to do it

Girls I am seriously shocked I weighed 147.4 this morning. No clue except I did a low day on Monday and a true fast day yesterday and switched up having a morning shake instead of my normal bran flakes oh yes increased exercise. thanks butter!

Georgia - that is so exciting!!!!

This morning I weighed 151.7. I had to check 3 times, I couldn't believe it. I am measuring my progress in .1 of a pound that is true, but just being really under 155 is amazing to me.

I sometimes feel like my fast days aren't "perfect" because i don't track calories i always think I eat too much, but in truth when I actually do them, I have a loss. Anyway, I feel just so thrilled.

Good Job Georgia and Jane!

Well shite. Looks like I gained about 5 lb in the US...though I probably deserved more than that LOL. Also haven't worked out in the slightest for over two weeks, not even much walking or anything. We also got our house broken into and burgled while we were away, so that effing sucks. We have to clean up the mess and make a list of what's missing, just how I wanted to spend the remainder of my holiday. Shee-it. So I'm officially off plan till I go back to work next week, meanwhile I will feel sorry for myself and eat whatever I want I guess. :unsure: Jet lag still kicking my butt and making my sleep and appetite all messed up anyhow.

I hate to hear this! What a bummer... Going on vacation last year, and an ext4ended inlaw stay, along with bone spurs that kept me from exercise that aided my big weight regain... 5 pounds is not any kind of a dealbraker, but you take care, don't let these things give you an excuse that will send you further off plan. Break in! I just hate when that happens, so sorry!

...oh and... I hit 173.1 this morning... officially off the two week 174.5... and I have lost more than my regain and am lower than my lowest post WLS! :D :D :D

Well shite. Looks like I gained about 5 lb in the US...though I probably deserved more than that LOL. Also haven't worked out in the slightest for over two weeks, not even much walking or anything. We also got our house broken into and burgled while we were away, so that effing sucks. We have to clean up the mess and make a list of what's missing, just how I wanted to spend the remainder of my holiday. Shee-it. So I'm officially off plan till I go back to work next week, meanwhile I will feel sorry for myself and eat whatever I want I guess. :unsure: Jet lag still kicking my butt and making my sleep and appetite all messed up anyhow.

OH NO! That is horrible!!! (weigh-gain...whatever...you will get that off) but house burlarized? Crap, that sucks. That is truly traumatic Dee and I'm so sorry. I wish I could say or do something that would make it less awful, but I just said a quick prayer for you. Hugs.

Georgia - that is so exciting!!!! This morning I weighed 151.7. I had to check 3 times' date=' I couldn't believe it. I am measuring my progress in .1 of a pound that is true, but just being really under 155 is amazing to me. I sometimes feel like my fast days aren't "perfect" because i don't track calories i always think I eat too much, but in truth when I actually do them, I have a loss. Anyway, I feel just so thrilled.[/quote']

Awesome!!!!

...oh and... I hit 173.1 this morning... officially off the two week 174.5... and I have lost more than my regain and am lower than my lowest post WLS! :D :D :D

Yaay. Yaay. Yaay. YAAY!!!!

So I just need to vent about something.

I started my Women and Weights class last Tues. So then this week was week 2 (it's a 6 week class) and I've not been in *love* with our instructor but I do have to say she asked me what I hoped to get out of the class and I told her that I would really like to work on my form. I mean, really, what's the point of going to the gym if you have crappy form and aren't getting the most out of your workouts. So she has been good about helping/correcting me etc. And I've been sore a lot which tells me that I'm getting to some un-used muscles by taking this class.

So yesterday she took us down the main are of the gym where all the machines and the free weights are (this area intimidates me because it's usually where all the macho men hang out) and the machines are confusing, because there are so many things to adjust, etc. So I was HAPPY she took us there and I really liked the workout etc.

But here is my vent. I mentioned that I've been doing Curves for the last 9 years and she and another lady looked at each other and were like "oh we can't believe that joke of a place is still in business"...hahaha. (I quit Curves this past Spring because I was spending time and money at the gym and not using Curves as much.)

I WAS PISSED.

You don't "endear" yourself to your clients by sh*tting all over the exercise that they have done. Yet EVERYONE who deems themselves some type of expert in "exercise" will guffaw at my efforts of 9 f'ing years at Curves. I went between 3-6 times a week CONSISTENTLY for 9 years. So yeah I didn't turn into a bodybuilder, and yeah I wasn't dripping sweat and horribly sore the next day, but honest to God it GOT me OFF the couch and doing something. I don't feel like those 9 years were a waste. My cardiovascular system certainly didn't feel like I was wasting it's time. Pffffttt.

Okay, thank you for letting me vent. I'm letting go of this because I'm trying hard to like this woman. It honestly just amazes me at people's reactions.

Swizzly I'm so sorry your house was burglarized! What a horrible thing to have to deal with after having a vacation. The 5 lbs will come off you are one determined lady!

M2G I really hate it when professionals bash other professionals! it shows where they are in there life....I'm a therapist and I hear it all the time from colleagues talking about other therapists....i stay away from that stuff.

Today I weighed in at 146.1 lbs and figured out my body fat is 26.9%.....frustrating, so now I'm lowing my BMI and increasing my exercise to burn body fat......thought I was done, but not. Then I struggle with thinking that my measurements might be misleading because of the excess skin.....I have an appointment with my case manager for weight loss on friday. Maybe they can pin it down for me..... :P

Georgia you are totally rocking these days. Down to 147 lbs is great! :P

Swizzly!! That's awful! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know you must be in a funk I would be if I came home to find out we were violated in such a way..

Take care of yourself. And once again I'm so sorry this happened to you :(

Ok, first off, I am not convinced of how accurate the scales are for bodyfat. My scale told me 29.1 and now today it was 28.5. Quite a drop in less then a week, right? I think yours at 26 is well within the range of normal so I dont think you should be so ... worried about it. I mean, working out over the next months or years will slowly slowly transform that percentage. It doesn't mean you need to lose more weight... just replace some fat with muscle, right?

That really sucks about the burgary Swizzly - that would tick me off endlessly!

Swizzly I'm so sorry your house was burglarized! What a horrible thing to have to deal with after having a vacation. The 5 lbs will come off you are one determined lady!

M2G I really hate it when professionals bash other professionals! it shows where they are in there life....I'm a therapist and I hear it all the time from colleagues talking about other therapists....i stay away from that stuff.

Today I weighed in at 146.1 lbs and figured out my body fat is 26.9%.....frustrating, so now I'm lowing my BMI and increasing my exercise to burn body fat......thought I was done, but not. Then I struggle with thinking that my measurements might be misleading because of the excess skin.....I have an appointment with my case manager for weight loss on friday. Maybe they can pin it down for me..... :P

It was tactless and insensitive. When I was over 250 I used Water aerobics as my main exercise. It is true that I quit it to get more challenge... but I would never "dis" someone of normal weight for doing it. It is fun and if you really push yourself you can get a great workout at ANY weight.

I think the reason they have this bias is that from the perspective of a fit person, the curves workout is "lightweight" and not the best use of THEIR time. Doesn't mean it isn't AWESOME for the target market and I totally agree improved your health and fitness for all those years!

I used to be a member of living well lady back a hundred years ago. I remember the day that I hit where there machines just didn't have enough tension on them for me to get an effective workout. Still, the LWL got me from being 200# and out of shape and down to a normal body weight before I switched to a "real gym" and was surely NOT a waste of time for me.

So I just need to vent about something.

I started my Women and Weights class last Tues. So then this week was week 2 (it's a 6 week class) and I've not been in *love* with our instructor but I do have to say she asked me what I hoped to get out of the class and I told her that I would really like to work on my form. I mean, really, what's the point of going to the gym if you have crappy form and aren't getting the most out of your workouts. So she has been good about helping/correcting me etc. And I've been sore a lot which tells me that I'm getting to some un-used muscles by taking this class.

So yesterday she took us down the main are of the gym where all the machines and the free weights are (this area intimidates me because it's usually where all the macho men hang out) and the machines are confusing, because there are so many things to adjust, etc. So I was HAPPY she took us there and I really liked the workout etc.

But here is my vent. I mentioned that I've been doing Curves for the last 9 years and she and another lady looked at each other and were like "oh we can't believe that joke of a place is still in business"...hahaha. (I quit Curves this past Spring because I was spending time and money at the gym and not using Curves as much.)

I WAS PISSED.

You don't "endear" yourself to your clients by sh*tting all over the exercise that they have done. Yet EVERYONE who deems themselves some type of expert in "exercise" will guffaw at my efforts of 9 f'ing years at Curves. I went between 3-6 times a week CONSISTENTLY for 9 years. So yeah I didn't turn into a bodybuilder, and yeah I wasn't dripping sweat and horribly sore the next day, but honest to God it GOT me OFF the couch and doing something. I don't feel like those 9 years were a waste. My cardiovascular system certainly didn't feel like I was wasting it's time. Pffffttt.

Okay, thank you for letting me vent. I'm letting go of this because I'm trying hard to like this woman. It honestly just amazes me at people's reactions.