Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

..supposed to fast today... will do my regular morning routine... Protein coffee... but my dad called at 2AM (something was on his mind to do that!) ...and needs a ride to Oakland (around 90 miles)' date=' drs appointment in the morning... so my sched will be thrown off...lunch out.. may end up doing damage control tomorrow.... I know this can work from the past, but makes me a little nervous. I have only been holding this weight for maybe 12 days, but it feels like a stall... which really, its not.[/quote']

Nope, I don't believe it's a stall either. Maybe switch up fasting schedule and timeframe? I think our bodies get used to our fasting schedules also. Good luck with your Dad. Bless his heart. Been there. You got this, my friend!!!

FYE,

I hope things go ok with your father today.. That's a long drive for a doctors appointment..

Cathy, a son in college! Wow I'm sitting here making my 6th grade son waffles... Yep I had my kids old :P

Daisy,

You can do it!! :)

M2G, hang in there girl!

I know it is slow going... That's the story of my weight loss too.

Georgia is right we can't go crazy on feast days (I should know I've tried)

It's a sucky fact, but we will always have to eat less and better than the average woman of our weight that was never obese and never yoyo diet :(

But we are doing it so we know it can be done :)

Good day to the faster's today.

Thanks for the support my friends! I expect good news for my Dad. He is doing lots better, but on some drugs that make it ifie for him to drive. It will be nice to spend some time with him and mom.

Lol I'm out here in Midwest US eating my weight in naughty food. I have gained like 3 kg...!!!

Lol I'm out here in Midwest US eating my weight in naughty food. I have gained like 3 kg...!!!

Lol,

You gotta love the USA. I mean what other country has "National junk food day" (july 21st) :P

Although, really it seems like national junk food day everyday around here :D

Okay, M2G, remember that you have to eat very cleanly and well within cal range on feast days for 5:2 to really work for us sleevers, I believe. I know I lost well and reached where I initially wanted to be within 3 months which was fairly quickly for 5:2 but I was super vigilant on non fast days. Now I've been more lax on feast and am holding and maintaining but not losing so what I've learned is my health is much improved, I like the way I feel, I have increased my exercise but unless I want to lose more I'm going to have to kick butt by really reigning in the Snacks ( even though still within cal range) on feast days.

You can do it! Man, I wish I had your exercise mindset! As you said on another thread, maybe you need to change up the way you are fasting. Maybe try a different form with all your workouts and see if your body responds. Like 16:8. Or maybe add in some more good fats.

Let us know what and how you do this week! I think you will be on the loosing track!

Thank you all! I normally DON'T go overboard on feast days, usually I'm around 1,100-1,400 in regards to feasting days. I guess that is part of why I'm frustrated. I have been chipping away at this for 2.5 months and please do not misunderstand me I'm thrilled at losing -9 to -11lbs (yep hit a low a while back and then just been bouncing...arrgh!) and I totally am happy with losing ANY weight at all. Just frustrated at how fecking quickly the weight can pile on and how fecking slow it comes off. Gah.

At any rate I have NOT had a grazing weekend like this past one in a while and I'm not sure I understand WHY I did it. I know not having the correct batteries (they are like watch batteries, not just the normal AAA batteries you have laying around) for my food scale somehow jumped into my brain as "f*ck it...don't bother" and then that continued for 2 days. And I knew I was grazing but in the moment I didn't care.

Anyway, thank you guys for giving me encouragement...I've had my coffee, and egg beaters this am, and am working on my first 24oz of Water, so the self-destructive behavior ends now. :)

Hope everyone is doing okay. It would take me forever to read back since the last time I was here so I'm not going to do it now but I'll catch up shortly. When I have time, which I'm pretty sure I never have anymore.

Due to some pretty wacky hormonal issues (on the 16th straight day of my period, how awesome is that?) I find that I fluctuate between not wanting to eat and all and feeling like I might die if I don't eat junk food. And yeah, it's all I want right now. It's been a struggle to stick to a Protein heavy diet but I'm doing okay. I still can't shake those pounds I put on when I started this birth control but I'm bouncing between 141-147 each day...yeah. That's a six pound window. I can eat eggs and turkey sausage all day (with plenty of Water to wash it down) and gain six pounds the next day, so quite frankly, the scale is something I'm not visiting but once a week right now. I settle around 143 most days - right where I went after I started this regimen of failure.

The wait to see my doctor was SEVEN weeks, so I still have a while to go before I can get in to find out what's going on. I'm about to just switch my insurance, pay the premium and co-pays and stop using the military treatment facility, because it's ridiculous trying to get appointments. Please, news media, remind me again about how awesomely we're compensated because of our "free" military healthcare. You get what you pay for!

In any case, I'm not really sticking to 5:2 right now - I have far too many days where the majority of my calories come from Protein coffee and I clock in less than 900 calories. And then that one day a week where the hormones get me and I'm eating half a candy bar at 11 at night throws it all off. I'm thankful for the MFP app because I wouldn't have time to track otherwise. No day has been over 1,600 though, so I'm doing okay. Not losing but I really believe hormones are to blame.

Hope everyone is doing okay. I hope my life slows down a bit so I can get back on track. Heck, even back online would be nice! I find it really hard to do fast days if I'm not structured and at home. There are far too many days when I realize it's three pm and I've only had coffee all day. I just feel angry, frustrated and discouraged lately.

In positive news, Elisheva is growing fast and is healthy and actually sleeps like a dang champ (knock wood). She's also enormous - wearing nine and twelve month clothing already (she's six months) and is so pretty that we can't get through a single store without her attracting a few admirers. She's a doll. The twins love school and my husband isn't deploying anywhere any time soon. He also probably won't get paid next month, but at least he won't be deployed while that happens!

I should update my profile picture. I'll do that this weekend maybe.

I still look pretty much the same - I feel like all my excess weight right now is in the bra-line backfat area and my middle, which still hasn't truly recovered from the baby. Grumble grumble.

I saw Laura's new picture, looking good, lady!

Congrats to all our new lows on the scale (esp. Cathy) and I'm happy for you guys.

Best wishes for your dad, FYE. Don't let that stress get your eating habits down. It's hard.

Chin up, M2G, I get your frustration completely but hope you won't let it discourage you or let you go off the rails.

Later peeps, I need to go get my husband from work. Cause in addition to all my other hats, "Chauffeur" got added to the list when hubs hurt himself the other day. He fell down an entire set of stairs with a heavy vacuum in his hands. He's cool like that. Silly man cracked a rib and is on pain killers so he can't drive. I love him, that I do. If I didn't, I'd make him take the metro and the bus home!

~Cheri

Cheri,

Oh man I miss you!

I'm so sorry for everything you are going through,

It sounds horrible.

And ouch with the stairs husband thing.

I'm glad he's not going anywhere anytime soon though.

I'm glad to hear all the kids are doing well, that helps!

Try and keep your chin up and come around even if its a quick vent here and there.

Laura

Cheri, just glad to hear your "voice!" :). Hopefully, things will settle down a bit for you soon(although with little ones not much!) but as to your health.

Cheri check in whether your're eating the 5:2 way or not. Some times, I just feel like it's all I can do to keep my head above Water.

today is one of those days. I have had bad head hunger all day for salty snack foods. It's supposed be a fast da, I'll have a Protein Shake to keep my calories low for the day .

Yesterday my head was so into it and I don't know what happened.

Cheri check in whether your're eating the 5:2 way or not. Some times' date=' I just feel like it's all I can do to keep my head above Water.

today is one of those days. I have had bad head hunger all day for salty snack foods. It's supposed be a fast da, I'll have a Protein Shake to keep my calories low for the day .

Yesterday my head was so into it and I don't know what happened.[/quote']

Daisy I'm sorry I didn't read this earlier... Hang in there! Somedays are just not meant to be a fast day :)

Glad to see some of you gals back around, don't be strangers! I hope globe checks in soon. I had a crazy day, ate over 1700 cals... of mostly crap at that... but back on board in the morning. Sometimes things just can't be helped.

Oh my! Can we say happy happy happy!

Look what I see this morning!! Finally!

post-2638-13813670501884_thumb.jpg

YAY Cheri!!! Girl, hang in there you have a LOT on your plate right now and I think OD is right, keep checking in with us because we all missed you, 5:2 or not. You just work on getting some sleep, driving that hubby around (sorry he is hurt, but at least he was trying to be helpful around the house, yes?) and just work on maintaining right now. I have to say that a 140-150 window sounds pretty fecking good, so I wouldn't worry about it right now.

OD, I hope today is better...hugs!

Georgia, you are a ROCK STAR!!! OMG, you are just amazing and I'm sooooooo happy for you right now!!! :D :D :D

I got back on that big ole 5:2 wagon yesterday and did eggbeaters and coffee for Breakfast, then had a 60 cal low-carb yogurt about 2pm when I was just needing "something" and chicken with cheese and salsa for dinner (no chips!) oh and a few bites of broccoli also. So I'm back in the right place after a 2 day veer off the path. Today will be a good test as I am doing women and weights plus spin. I NEED to fuel my body with healthy food!

Georgia! You are such an inspiration! so happy for you!

And M2G, getting back on track is the key to success, and you are doing great!

You go girls!