Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fasting. Kinda mad at the scale - was happy to shed six tenths of a pound last week but it all popped on after one sleepless night. I see now why moms have such a hard time losing weight after birth. I need three things to see consistent losses: lack of stress, plenty of rest and hormones that stay in normal levels. It's nearly impossible with this little one keeping me up, and of course I'm still fighting that cough I've had for more than two weeks so when she sleeps I often lie in bed coughing.

But in any case, I had nearly a week of very good, solid eating and I'm feeling positive about that. The more I stick to the program the easier it gets. And luckily, my Water intake is much higher now so I feel like I'm finally back to normal there, too.

I'm about to have my first meal of the day - some leftover matzo ball Soup (low calories!) and some egg salad, sans bread. I made a big pot of turkey chili last night and will probably have a nice bowl of that for dinner. I can have a full cup and it's still only 180 calories, but that's too much for my sleeve so I'll only eat 3/4 cup. :) I'll do a Protein Shake between breaking my fast and dinner and that should bring me in at 505 and that's fine by me. I might just sneak in some crunchy celery sticks later on if I feel like I need it but the calories from that aren't enough to sabotage my day.

GT, sorry about that. I don't have a tremendous amount of tolerance for a lot of women. I have a handful I can get along with very well and a larger number of acquaintances I can be friendly with whenever we meet, but it's not that often that I want so spend a lot of time (not to mention all day at work and all evening as roommates!) with any one person. It's surprising I'm married - I like my space and my privacy quite a bit! Hopefully those three weeks will fly by! I miss the produce outside of America. No joke - I swear that as crazy as it sounds the fruit and veggies taste so much better in Germany and even in Eastern Europe. Things have flavor. I miss the tomatoes the most, because it's hard to find a Tomato that tastes like anything here int the US!

FYE, good on you for working so hard. I gain after any hard workout, so yeah, the Snacks might be there but you might also have tiny muscle tears that lead to water retention, too. Hope you're not too sore today!

Enjoy the weather, Georgia. I'm about to pull our fireplace kit out of storage because we're having crisp enough nights here that we can enjoy a fire once in a while.

Hope all is well Laura, and that you're doing okay. In case you were wondering, I'm managing to stay out of the Halloween candy. Luckily, it becomes less of a struggle each day that I stay completely on track. ;)

~Cheri

Oh, and side note - I "blew" 200 calories yesterday on rice krispie treats, of all things! I suppose I should have known they were a slider food. What I didn't know was that making them for the twins' Kindergarten Halloween party would trigger fondness for a childhood treat. Or two, darn it all. I still did great yesterday and clocked in at 1019 calories (I'm aiming for the 1000 ballpark) but was kind of mad when I got hungry between our early dinner and bedtime and had no calories to spare because I'd indulged earlier!

Morning girls.

GT, oh the bowels! We are unfortunate sisters that way... My poor daughter suffers too.

Brown, sounds like a fun time! Well except the Charlie horses that is. Yep get that bike out. I've been riding my recumbent bike again and it not that bad once you get into the habit :)

Feed! I'm jealous! How nice to own your own kayak. I was up in the middle of the night thinking about things (I do that to often :() but one was about my year anniversary and I though about doing the post... You know "I'm a year out yay me" and I thought about before pics.. And I figured I would use the one of me stuffed into the kayak (it's hideous) that day I could not get out afterwards and had to roll onto the dock because I could not get up after. After that I went to find out about surgery... So I guess a kayak saved my life!

Wow long winded :P didn't mean to pontificate

Georgia,

Sounds like a beautiful morning... I can't wait to make a fire.

Cathy, I'm so envious of your Portugal trip.

I've never been but would love to go one day,

I'm Portuguese (and German) don't sweat the .5 gain that's very normal (but you know that)

Cheri, so right about the stars lining up to lose weight! And sleep is a VERY important part.

No candy here yet. I'm waiting until the last minute and buying crap candy I don't like.

Ok so my mom is coming to town today and spending the night 0_o Lord above give me strength! I will fast tomorrow I think my stomach will be in knots anyway because of that crazy battle axe so it so it should be doable :D

Wow...lots going on. I finally got all caught up with these posts after a busy weekend.

Ladies, reading some of your stories makes my heart break. You are all such strong women. Thank you all for being who you are and doing what you do. Thank you for sharing your struggles. Hugs to all of you.

Cheri, your baby is just adorable. I miss mine being babies! My daughter is 23 and my boys are 13 and 10 so it has been a while. My boys keep asking for us to have another baby, lol. Babies are just so sweet, they make everyone happy!

Cathy, what is a prawn omelette? I have never heard of it. Sounds like you are having fun relaxing. Enjoy!

Brown, sounds like the party was fabulous! Why don't you try dancing for exercise? Exercise doesn't have to be boring as long as you are moving and getting your heart beat up, it's exercise.

LV, I'm sorry you got stuck in a kayak! Hopefully, you can laugh about it now. I totally think you should own your own kayak with that story!

FYE, sounds like you had a fun weekend! Back at it today!

Georgia, I wish we had a fireplace. I am FREEZING over here in WI! The heat is on and I just freeze. I walk around with layers on and I just can't seem to get warm in the fall/winter. I had the same problem last year. It's funny because I used to be so hot all the time when I was fat. In the winter I would have the heat set so low that my poor family would complain all the time, their noses were even freezing. I didn't believe them because I was so hot. Now, I feel bad that I did that!

I am sure I forgot someone...sorry, I missed a lot.

Fast day for me today. Before bed last night I had a couple pieces of chocolate which made me want carbs this morning when I woke up. I haven't given in! Our washing machine isn't working so the hubs and I decided to YouTube and see if we could fix it ourselves last night. This caused a little stress. That coupled with the fact that I didn't get in all my Protein yesterday really made me want to eat junk. I then grabbed the first thing I saw which was some candy out of the trick or treat bag my boys had brought home. Oh well. Years ago I would sit and eat and eat myself into a chocolate coma with their trick or treat bags. So glad I don't do that anymore.

I wanted to check my weight this weekend. I got all naked (remember it's freezing here), stepped on the scale and it said low battery! Oh, and my oven isn't working right either. Why does everything have to break at the same time??

Happy Monday everyone! :)

Oh, is this group private or can anyone read the posts? I know you can't comment without being a member but I don't remember if anyone can still come in and read posts.

Wow...lots going on. I finally got all caught up with these posts after a busy weekend. Ladies' date=' reading some of your stories makes my heart break. You are all such strong women. Thank you all for being who you are and doing what you do. Thank you for sharing your struggles. Hugs to all of you. Cheri, your baby is just adorable. I miss mine being babies! My daughter is 23 and my boys are 13 and 10 so it has been a while. My boys keep asking for us to have another baby, lol. Babies are just so sweet, they make everyone happy! Cathy, what is a prawn omelette? I have never heard of it. Sounds like you are having fun relaxing. Enjoy! Brown, sounds like the party was fabulous! Why don't you try dancing for exercise? Exercise doesn't have to be boring as long as you are moving and getting your heart beat up, it's exercise. LV, I'm sorry you got stuck in a kayak! Hopefully, you can laugh about it now. I totally think you should own your own kayak with that story! FYE, sounds like you had a fun weekend! Back at it today! Georgia, I wish we had a fireplace. I am FREEZING over here in WI! The heat is on and I just freeze. I walk around with layers on and I just can't seem to get warm in the fall/winter. I had the same problem last year. It's funny because I used to be so hot all the time when I was fat. In the winter I would have the heat set so low that my poor family would complain all the time, their noses were even freezing. I didn't believe them because I was so hot. Now, I feel bad that I did that! I am sure I forgot someone...sorry, I missed a lot. Fast day for me today. Before bed last night I had a couple pieces of chocolate which made me want carbs this morning when I woke up. I haven't given in! Our washing machine isn't working so the hubs and I decided to YouTube and see if we could fix it ourselves last night. This caused a little stress. That coupled with the fact that I didn't get in all my Protein yesterday really made me want to eat junk. I then grabbed the first thing I saw which was some candy out of the trick or treat bag my boys had brought home. Oh well. Years ago I would sit and eat and eat myself into a chocolate coma with their trick or treat bags. So glad I don't do that anymore. I wanted to check my weight this weekend. I got all naked (remember it's freezing here), stepped on the scale and it said low battery! Oh, and my oven isn't working right either. Why does everything have to break at the same time?? Happy Monday everyone! :) Oh, is this group private or can anyone read the posts? I know you can't comment without being a member but I don't remember if anyone can still come in and read posts.[/quote']

I am laughing out loud, Sar Sar! And yes, I do believe others can read/view. Lol

Morning girls. GT' date=' oh the bowels! We are unfortunate sisters that way... My poor daughter suffers too. Brown, sounds like a fun time! Well except the Charlie horses that is. Yep get that bike out. I've been riding my recumbent bike again and it not that bad once you get into the habit :) Feed! I'm jealous! How nice to own your own kayak. I was up in the middle of the night thinking about things (I do that to often :() but one was about my year anniversary and I though about doing the post... You know "I'm a year out yay me" and I thought about before pics.. And I figured I would use the one of me stuffed into the kayak (it's hideous) that day I could not get out afterwards and had to roll onto the dock because I could not get up after. After that I went to find out about surgery... So I guess a kayak saved my life! Wow long winded :P didn't mean to pontificate Georgia, Sounds like a beautiful morning... I can't wait to make a fire. Cathy, I'm so envious of your Portugal trip. I've never been but would love to go one day, I'm Portuguese (and German) don't sweat the .5 gain that's very normal (but you know that) Cheri, so right about the stars lining up to lose weight! And sleep is a VERY important part. No candy here yet. I'm waiting until the last minute and buying crap candy I don't like. Ok so my mom is coming to town today and spending the night 0_o Lord above give me strength! I will fast tomorrow I think my stomach will be in knots anyway because of that crazy battle axe so it so it should be doable :D [/quote']

This ALSO made me laugh, LV. Not at you but reminded me of the time (pre VSG) when I got off the party barge into the lake and them COULDNOT PULL MY FAT SELF OUT OF TJE Water UP ONTO THE LITTLE LADDER! While my friend was laughing hysterically I was hyperventilating thinking they were going to have to move the barge up onto the side dock so I could flop out!!!! Boy, THAT is a memory!!!!

I'm sure you all are snickering now thinking of similar episodes. So all in all, gang, we are GOOD!! LOL

Oh, I flopped out this weekend! Someone on the dock said to me... "It doesn't have to be pretty as long as you end up on the dock!" Thanks for that! I'm just glad I didn't end up in the water! I'm not sure what the 'elegant' way to get out is....I may never know!

Laura, I paid $249 for mine new, and you can find them on Craigs list for a great price. This should be the right time to find one... people don't want to store them for the winter....

Well, I only got one PM from a male viewer regarding my post plastics nude shot... and he is a member of this group. No worries, it was a very nice PM just telling me he saw it and congratualating me. Obviously, I am not shy about these things..haha.

I don't think you can read/view unless you are a member, but i am not sure.

I am laughing out loud, Sar Sar! And yes, I do believe others can read/view. Lol

today is the first day I feel really good since leaving Mexico. That travel day kicked my butt AND I think I got too worried about the scale. I was starting to wonder if I was having some obscure complication, not sleeping, really thirsty and just not feeling as well as I had. Sunday morning, I nearly fainted and my helper/roommate could hear my stomach rumbling as he was helping me with the morning "compression garment" ritual. So, I added back some carbs, some high fat and some sodium and low and behold, I woke up feeling great this morning. I am not going crazy with eating, but decided that the number on the scale is lower priority then feeling good and healing well for the next few weeks.

Well' date=' I only got one PM from a male viewer regarding my post plastics nude shot... and he is a member of this group. No worries, it was a very nice PM just telling me he saw it and congratualating me. Obviously, I am not shy about these things..haha. I don't think you can read/view unless you are a member, but i am not sure. [/quote']

Yes you can view etc but not post to the thread. So, um, let's see. BTB?

Super quick check in then off to bed. Hubs is traveling for work and I'm taking advantage of that. I got the man to agree to stay up to do the dream feeding on Elisheva so that I can go to sleep early and hopefully get some good rest. I'm not above a little negotiation, that's for sure. :)

Perfect fast day - I did great though it was kinda rough in the afternoon there. I felt like eating but drank Water instead. I'm a champion.

You guys are a hoot and gave me a chuckle with your posts.

Oh, and I once got a PM from someone that follows my content asking about something I posted here in this group, so yeah, it's not searchable or viewable from the regular forums but if anyone follows your content they can peek in though the back door, so to speak.

~Cheri

Lol! You girls are killing me! And yes Georgia I chuckled :)

Sounds like a pretty good day for all..

Except sarsar the maintenance woman

:P

I didn't fast today but I will be tomorrow and I am actually looking forward to it

Because I'm stuffed right now. I shopped all day with my mom and didn't eat so I went to town when I got home...

Yes you can read the posts here. It even shows up on new threads. YOu can't post though unless you're a member.

I didn't do bad with my eating, but I didn't do great ether. I had left over baby back ribs in the fridge that were calling to me. I wasn't able to eat them because I had all those birthday dinners to go to. I did make it the gym though so I should not see a gain tomorrow.

If I had the motivation I would go and find and delete my photo then, but in truth I don't really care that much..lol

I am so bored and yet have the energy of a wet noodle for that sort of thing

Feed and CGJane - and maybe this goes out to everyone:

I think we need to stop using the word "gain" to reflect the pound here and the pound there. Words are powerful, especially loaded words like gain. Feed, you exerted yourself, sweated, causing a chemical need for more salts, which you satisfied. Also, worked muscles are muscles that are now full of Water. So what you experienced there was a physiological reaction to muscle stress and physical exertion, NOT A GAIN. words are powerful. It's not a gain unless a non-ToM week goes by and the pound is still there. This is why I haven't weighed myself in almost 2 weeks, because I know the nefarious tricks my body enjoys, I know how I put on exactly four pounds of water weight every single month and have for 20 years (sweet jesus 20 years?!!!) and that the day after my cycle is over, those pounds are gone too.

Words are powerful.

Yesterday was supposed to be a fast day, and it was beautifully so at barely 600 cals, until nighttime when the crackers attacked. What the EFF is wrong with me?!! Yes I can blame ToM but come on! I inhaled about 12 Keebler club crackers which completely threw away my hard work. Stupid crackers.

And I'm so sick of greens, I had a dream (nightmare?) that I was travelling down a highway PAVED WITH LETTUCE.

I can't eat nightshades, or corn/soy/wheat, sugar is out and even stevia has to be sparingly. I need organ meats but yeah that's easy to get ..... (sarcasm) seaweed or iodine bearing foods I need, also need Vitamin D in mass quantities. No starch. And I need Fiber, but I can't eat most of the foods that have fiber!! I'm eating Quest bars daily now, gritting my teeth regarding the high carbs, because they are 23g fiber each and I can't pass that up.

Caved in last night and took some Miralax. So far nothing. V_V

Feed and CGJane - and maybe this goes out to everyone: I think we need to stop using the word "gain" to reflect the pound here and the pound there. Words are powerful' date=' especially loaded words like gain. Feed, you exerted yourself, sweated, causing a chemical need for more salts, which you satisfied. Also, worked muscles are muscles that are now full of Water. So what you experienced there was a physiological reaction to muscle stress and physical exertion, NOT A GAIN. words are powerful. It's not a gain unless a non-ToM week goes by and the pound is still there. This is why I haven't weighed myself in almost 2 weeks, because I know the nefarious tricks my body enjoys, I know how I put on exactly four pounds of water weight every single month and have for 20 years (sweet jesus 20 years?!!!) and that the day after my cycle is over, those pounds are gone too. Words are powerful. Yesterday was supposed to be a fast day, and it was beautifully so at barely 600 cals, until nighttime when the crackers attacked. What the EFF is wrong with me?!! Yes I can blame ToM but come on! I inhaled about 12 Keebler club crackers which completely threw away my hard work. Stupid crackers. And I'm so sick of greens, I had a dream (nightmare?) that I was travelling down a highway PAVED WITH LETTUCE. I can't eat nightshades, or corn/soy/wheat, sugar is out and even stevia has to be sparingly. I need organ meats but yeah that's easy to get ..... (sarcasm) seaweed or iodine bearing foods I need, also need Vitamin D in mass quantities. No starch. And I need fiber, but I can't eat most of the foods that have fiber!! I'm eating Quest bars daily now, gritting my teeth regarding the high carbs, because they are 23g fiber each and I can't pass that up. Caved in last night and took some Miralax. So far nothing. V_V[/quote']

I agree. I quit using "gain". I finally realized that weight is up and Down. Fluid. If I am faithful to my routine and follow what I KNOW is good for me, I will be able to maintain in a RANGE. always vigilant.