Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

URGH!!!. I'm still here reading your posts nightly. I'm frustrated and giving in to the fact that I need excersise to start losing agin. This is what I've gone through for the past year. Start out strong focused and trying to lose.. I lose about 5 pounds..which takes months.. then gain it all back in one to two weeks. I"ve focused on lowering my daily intake down to 1200 calories.. Maybe lower?? I'm doing the two fast days.. those are really easy. I"ve cut out the Snacks on fast days. and doing puzzles at night keeps the nightly non fast days snacking down to a minimum. Only thing missing is the excersise. So.. i'm heading to check out Curves.. and LA Fitness. I like the group classes.. Looking to get into at least three times a week. I saw pictures of myself at the anniversary party. I felt beautiful in my new dress, but when I saw the pictures.. mann our image of ourselves are so different then reality. I looked like a huge blob!.. I'll post pics as soon as I can get them on this computer.. URGH!! Stick with me ladies.. I'm not getting any help from home.. They all love the way I look.. but its me that counts and I'm not happy!! URGH!!

Globe. I missed your post as I was ranting about my problems. I had a friend with MS. she fell so far into depression and outward hatred we are no longer friends. She pushed me away , not sure why, but I was with her long enough to know its not an easy road. She did live a close to normal life. I don't know a lot about MS but doesn't it have stages or degrees. I'm glad your in a place you feel you can get some care. I have no words to express my true thoughts.

GT I have no words that can help you and MS is a devastating disease. I love that you feel safe to come here and share your feelings with people that genuinely care about you. I am going to go to the you tube site to learn more about MS. Thank you for sharing......

Just watched Dr Wahl's and it makes so much since to eat like a hunter and gather.....back to a simpler life style. I'm not sure I can do the organ meat though......we all should be eating this way......:P

I binged yesterday on healthy food. I had multiple servings of a delic fruit bowl covered with greek yogurt and some almond slivers. IT tasted great, and was good food BUT, it was still out of control binging. I think this laying around is starting to make me insane. My day is defined by movies/tv/internet and eating. Well, the shower and redressing is the center of my day, but outside of that, way too much time to be inwardly focused.

I am starting stitch removal tomorrow. And hopefully that last drain comes out soon... I have am using that as the end of wallowing. I still must remain inactive for 3 more weeks, but I have paperwork to take care of, professional education classes to do (online), I am just in a mental funk and have decided that i need to give myself a kick in the butt and get motivated to do what needs doing.

It;s sunday as I write this - my normal fast days are Tues/thurs - I don't think I am ready to fast Tues but i think I am by Thursday. My thought is to do the one day a week at first and see how my strength and healing holds up. I have been using sleep aids and have slept a ton - like getting caught up from all the sleep deprivation over the last few weeks. That final drain should come out this week, and I think after that i need to be done with the sleep aids and all that - they are making me mentally foggy. I don't need pain pills anymore so not taking those anyway, but i have this feeling of needing to be "living healthy" again on all dimensions for my mental health. I CAN'T exercise but I CAN do these other things.

GT and Brown, I read both your posts. I will reply later but I guess we all know how easy it is to get discouraged and give up... but that has never worked well for any situation in life. Keep focusing on the right priorities....

They say stress brings on an exacerbation but believe it or not, I would be more stressed if I were in the States. Here I have a team, a support network, healthcare, free meds, a roof over my head ... Tradition has it that Lapis Lazuli, the sacred blue stone, is the stone of healing. Afghanistan is the source for Lapis in the world, always has been. I'm covering myself in the stuff.

I believe we all have some gift we can bring to the rest of the world... something we learn from our unique perspective. I work in a field where people have brain damage, gene disorders and other syndromes... if given half a chance, they bring something bright and insightful to those of us who work there, and beyond through their art and creative activities. You, being who you are, have something to give to the world, it is not diminished by your new found illness, it is only informed by it. Are challenges there? Of course. This is the heros adventure... to bring something back of value to your people, in the face of difficulty and distraction. Thats how I try to look at life anyway, and it brings me strength.

URGH!!!. I'm still here reading your posts nightly. I'm frustrated and giving in to the fact that I need excersise to start losing agin. This is what I've gone through for the past year. Start out strong focused and trying to lose.. I lose about 5 pounds..which takes months.. then gain it all back in one to two weeks. I"ve focused on lowering my daily intake down to 1200 calories.. Maybe lower?? I'm doing the two fast days.. those are really easy. I"ve cut out the Snacks on fast days. and doing puzzles at night keeps the nightly non fast days snacking down to a minimum. Only thing missing is the excersise. So.. i'm heading to check out Curves.. and LA Fitness. I like the group classes.. Looking to get into at least three times a week. I saw pictures of myself at the anniversary party. I felt beautiful in my new dress, but when I saw the pictures.. mann our image of ourselves are so different then reality. I looked like a huge blob!.. I'll post pics as soon as I can get them on this computer.. URGH!! Stick with me ladies.. I'm not getting any help from home.. They all love the way I look.. but its me that counts and I'm not happy!! URGH!!

One step in front of the other sister! Find a class you like, its a great start!

OK, so you know how I said I had gained almost 5 pounds (in about 3 days...?) Well, I dusted myself off and did a fast yesterday. This morning I was down 3 1/2 of them. I used to bounce a lot, but not for almost a year, so that 4+ pounds was a shocker. I pee'd my brains out yesterday, and keep on drinking Water, and I guess that was it... water weight. Im now .8 pounds from my post 5:2 lowest. Back on track. I also have spent some time getting organized, finishing some promises I had made to others, and setting up a new projects program on my computer so I should better manage some things I have to get done. I also have been thinking about what I WANT to get done, what I dream to get done, my goals and pourpous. Its long overdue, and such a powerful way to get yourself back. I'm feeling a little better. I reset myfitnesspal to show cholesterol...and saturated fats, so I can get on top of that... Moving along. Have a nice sunday ladies.

Edited by feedyoureye

I believe we all have some gift we can bring to the rest of the world... something we learn from our unique perspective. I work in a field where people have brain damage' date=' gene disorders and other syndromes... if given half a chance, they bring something bright and insightful to those of us who work there, and beyond through their art and creative activities. You, being who you are, have something to give to the world, it is not diminished by your new found illness, it is only informed by it. Are challenges there? Of course. This is the heros adventure... to bring something back of value to your people, in the face of difficulty and distraction. Thats how I try to look at life anyway, and it brings me strength. One step in front of the other sister! Find a class you like, its a great start! OK, so you know how I said I had gained almost 5 pounds (in about 3 days...?) Well, I dusted myself off and did a fast yesterday. This morning I was down 3 1/2 of them. I used to bounce a lot, but not for almost a year, so that 4+ pounds was a shocker. I pee'd my brains out yesterday, and keep on drinking Water, and I guess that was it... water weight. Im now .8 pounds from my post 5:2 lowest. Back on track. I also have spent some time getting organized, finishing some promises I had made to others, and setting up a new projects program on my computer so I should better manage some things I have to get done. I also have been thinking about what I WANT to get done, what I dream to get done, my goals and pourpous. Its long overdue, and such a powerful way to get yourself back. I'm feeling a little better. I reset myfitnesspal to show cholesterol...and saturated fats, so I can get on top of that... Moving along. Have a nice sunday ladies.[/quote']

Love that you are back "almost" to your low. I also love the "sanity" you always bring to us.

GT' date=' what you wrote, OMG...wow, I just don't have any words of comfort. :( You really have a way with words and are a gifted writer. Have you ever thought of having a blog or writing a book? I realize everyone can "read" here but it doesn't stop me from feeling like I'm having coffee with my good girlfriends every morning. :) I've been pretty much off in lala land this week in regards to eating...really need to wrap my head around getting back in the zone. I can't say that I'm bummed or mad at myself though. Conscious choice and enjoyed not tracking every bite. It's also the first week since July 16th that I didn't even fast one day. So that was kind of a nice break, but definitely need to get back to it![/quote']

"Morning coffee and girlfriends". Love that, M2G!

Hello all' date=' I forgot that this thread is visible to everyone in VST ... oops, guess I'm out of the neurological closet now! I have a lot of fear, anxiety, sadness. I'm mourning the loss of my life. Yes I am still here and I will do what I can but the me I thought I was, the future I thought was mine, down to the most mundane details, is gone. dead. Getting thin now seems irrelevant, because on what date do you tell someone that you have an incurable degenerative disease that will slowly rob you of every single aspect of quality of life? At what point do you tell someone that you can't bear their children? I guess I'd better hurry up and get that doctorate, while I've got the cognitive ability, right? How will I earn money when I can no longer string a sentence together? How will it feel to watch dancers when I can't walk? Will I lose my dignity, will someone care .... will I wake tomorrow, from this nightmare...? I urge every single one of you to watch Dr Terry Wahl's TEDtalk on Youtube, it will answer a lot of questions you may have. Well, there's no reason to live life by the rules now ... there will be no reward waiting for me, for living a neat and check-marked life. No golden years of feisty cronehood, what's the point in working jobs and buidling up time at companies etc., do I even have a good 10 years left to accrue some kind of retirement? And insurance ... how do I pay for insurance, for the long term care insurance I will need about 40 years sooner than my friends? When I found out, my first thought was, I would rather have cancer, and honestly, I would. Because with cancer, you either win or you lose, you have an option a choice, hope. There is no recognized cure for MS, just a slow loss of everything that made you You. For a cerebral dancer, there is truly no crueler fate. As for food, 5:2, etc... You already know what I eat, now you know why. I need grass fed organ meats, cruciferous veggies, sulfurous veggies, seaweed, omega3s, Vitamin D and B, pre and Probiotics and sleep. They say stress brings on an exacerbation but believe it or not, I would be more stressed if I were in the States. Here I have a team, a support network, healthcare, free meds, a roof over my head ... Tradition has it that Lapis Lazuli, the sacred blue stone, is the stone of healing. Afghanistan is the source for Lapis in the world, always has been. I'm covering myself in the stuff.[/quote']

Globe, just know that I really enjoy your posts. I, like, all of us, feel you have MUCH to offer us and the world. Don't allow yourself to forget that. My heart and thoughts are with you. I know ME. I would probably be in the exact same mindset right now. I also know at age 60 that life looks much different as "time" goes by. I believe for you there IS a good life ahead. Maybe not the life you imagined it would be. Most of us always have to Detour from OUR dreams of what we had planned but it doesn't have to be a LESSER life. Thinking of you.

GT - what a moving post, it really did touch me and again I feel humble and grateful for the life I have.

I agree with the above - you are valuable and bring so much wisdom to us. Your words are always mindful, intelligent and said from the heart. I also agree with M2G, you have a beautiful style of writing that captures not only what you are expressing but the person who is reading it!

Cwtches to you my lovely!

My day ended up better than it started. food wasn't too bad after the Cookies this morning' date=' I gained control of things. Tomorrow we are supposed to spend the day with the in-laws and this brings on major stress but I will survive.:) Laura, yes the winter usually brings on a bit of depression for me. I don't look forward to it. I read in another thread that you were crying today, are you ok? Just wanted to check on you and make sure you're alright. :D[/quote']

Umm... Yeah I'm feeling a bit better :P

Girls so much I missed last night and today!

I got kicked off the thread again! am I the only that gets un-subscribed??

Ugh!

Brown and GT take care and have faith..

Globe, I know there are people who eat healthy like you are doing and seem to

be doing better. I know Montel Williams is always on TV talking about MS and how he is living with it. I wish there was more we could do to help. I'm glad my care package made you feel good, and I hope the next one has some things you like.

If you want your post deleted, write to *Susan* in a PM and I am sure she would delete it for you. You don' t have to share with the entire board unless that's what you want to do. Personally, I am so glad and feel lucky that you ARE a part of OUR group!

I spoke to Allen this morning and it ruined my entire day. I know we aren't right for each other but this is still so hard. For once in my life, I am not eating my way through this depression. In fact today, I had no appetite at all, and I just had a Quest bar.

Girls so much I missed last night and today! I got kicked off the thread again! am I the only that gets un-subscribed?? Ugh! Brown and GT take care and have faith..

No, I'm not having any problems so far.

I have the 5:2 thread page bookmarked and never have problems getting on, don't have to search or log in or anything...