Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Because I am in idiot, and cannot seem to get my requiments in, I am hunkering down and making a schedule of when I should be eating and what.

Has anyone else done this, and willing to share with me? I am not looking for specifics of what to eat (cheese, ham, etc). Something like:

6am - protien shake - 4 oz

8am - Breakfast

10 - snack

12 - lunch

2 - shake - 4oz

blah blah blah....and so on.

I have a desk job and I forget to eat and drink. I never feel hungry, and what I do drink (what little of it I do) keeps me feeling full for a long time. I had surgery a month ago, and am cleared for soft and regular foods that I can tolerate.

Anyway, suggestions for success are most appreciated! Thank you!

I'm going back to work next week and you've got me thinking. I can get too busy and forget to eat or drink, and this was before sleeve. Thanks for the tip. I'll work on on my schedule.

Hey girl, you're not alone, I can't either!

Someone posted some links to various VST diets a few days ago, and I found this guide there:

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/Departments_and_Services/surgery/services/generalsurg/WeightLossSurgery/PostOpSleeveGastrectomyDiet.pdf

There are a few meal schedules included here - depending on what stage you are in.

I think more about food than I did before surgery, just not in the same terms. I definitely plan my food day so I get in my requirements. I always have a bottle of Water or Vitamin Water on my desk. I found if I use the bigger bottles I do better. Your schedule seems to be good, very similar to how I go about my day too. You'll be able to take in more as time passes, so be patient with that.

I recently added in a 8oz. Protein shake in the morning (NUT approved) to boost my protein/calories. I use the Powdered Pure Protein chocolate Frosty and love it. I also add in a serving of PB2 for added protein and taste.

I've learned to enjoy Greek yogurt (Oikos) another good protein source. I make sure I always have cheese sticks at home and at the office. We are lucky to have a refrigerator.

As time passed I also kept a stock of good quality Protein Bars (Pure Protein and Kashi Go lean bars) for an afternoon snack. Planning serves me well.

I try to embrace the notion of eating to live not living to eat, philosophy and try to make the most out of my calories.

Good luck!

Before the surgery I never really thought about how I ate or how often. I was a nighttime snacker ( butter, mayo, cream cheese on just about anything. ) Now I have to make an effort to remember and eat. Ironic isn't it!! We used to live to eat now we eat to live. I think planning a schedule is the only way to go.

Because I am in idiot, and cannot seem to get my requiments in, I am hunkering down and making a schedule of when I should be eating and what.

Has anyone else done this, and willing to share with me? I am not looking for specifics of what to eat (cheese, ham, etc). Something like:

6am - protien shake - 4 oz

8am - Breakfast

10 - snack

12 - lunch

2 - shake - 4oz

blah blah blah....and so on.

I have a desk job and I forget to eat and drink. I never feel hungry, and what I do drink (what little of it I do) keeps me feeling full for a long time. I had surgery a month ago, and am cleared for soft and regular foods that I can tolerate.

Anyway, suggestions for success are most appreciated! Thank you!

I have an android app called "Tom's Multi timer" > I created two timers, one for 2.5 hours and another for 30 minutes. after I eat, i set the two off at the same time When the 30 minute one goes off, I know i can drink Water. when the other one goes off, I know it's time to either eat or have a Protein shake. I eat then repeat.

Thanks Tesser! The menu guide is awesome but, I am no way even close to that for my stage! :(

Someone posted some links to various VST diets a few days ago, and I found this guide there:

http://www.brighaman...rectomyDiet.pdf

There are a few meal schedules included here - depending on what stage you are in.

Thanks for finding this. I did a search before posting, but nothing came up.

And WOW! I AM a moron. I was typing so fast that I didn't see any of those horrific typos. (palm to forehead.) Can I just blame it on the malnourishment? lol

I use a timer app on my phone to help me get my fluids in. I also eat every three hours even though I am never hungry. I just set a schedule for myself and I stick to it- when I don't stick to my schedule, I never get in my Proteins or fluids.