Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't measure anything but here's how I make it:

Make the quinoa with garlic powder, thyme, smoked paprika, and oregano

I had left over grilled onions and asparagus chopped it up. Diced raw red onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and add it all to the cooked quinoa. Drizzle it with olive oil and champagne vinegar and put it in the fridge until cold. So delicious! It'd probably be good with chopped cilantro or parsley too.

Sounds awesome, I love Quinoa! Thanks for sharing!

Sounds awesome, I love Quinoa! Thanks for sharing!

Me too!

Quinoa is awesome & I can't wait to have it again. Along the same lines, try farro. It's a very high Protein, low gluten grain that my hubs & I both fell in love with. Same idea as quinoa or even rice...cook it in Water or chicken or beef broth with whatever spices, herbs, veggies, cheese, etc you want. It can be served hot or cold. Yum!

Quinoa is awesome & I can't wait to have it again. Along the same lines, try farro. It's a very high Protein, low gluten grain that my hubs & I both fell in love with. Same idea as quinoa or even rice...cook it in Water or chicken or beef broth with whatever spices, herbs, veggies, cheese, etc you want. It can be served hot or cold. Yum!

Stop SS, you're making my mouth water! ;)

I boil quinoa in chicken or beef broth. In a skillet I toss in about 1//2 table spoon of olive oil, red onions, garlic and parsley, I then add black Beans and roasted corn kernels....the aroma is delightful. Then I throw the boiled quinoa in with the black bean and corn mixture and mix it up...oh man is it good. Eats like rice. Goes GREAT with grilled shrimp!

Stop SS' date=' you're making my mouth water! ;)[/quote']

Molly, honey, when it comes to food...sleeve or no sleeve, I aim to please! ;)

Molly' date=' honey, when it comes to food...sleeve or no sleeve, I aim to please! ;)[/quote']

I am a horrible cook... So when is DinDin?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I boil quinoa in chicken or beef broth. In a skillet I toss in about 1//2 table spoon of olive oil' date=' red onions, garlic and parsley, I then add black Beans and roasted corn kernels....the aroma is delightful. Then I throw the boiled quinoa in with the black bean and corn mixture and mix it up...oh man is it good. Eats like rice. Goes GREAT with grilled shrimp![/quote']

Damn Gemini!!! Ummm, YUM!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I love this Quinoa Mediterranean salad I stared making. It's along the same lines as your recipe! I don't measure anything either, but I use cooked quinoa (I cook mine in chicken broth), and add red bell pepper, red onion, peeled diced cucumber, canned drained and chopped artichoke hearts, kalamata olives and some feta. I toss it all in a dressing of olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and 1/2 - 1 packet of Splenda. Then chill it. So yummy!!!! I add grilled chicken to it for a meal or just eat a little as is for a snack. I love it!! I'll have to try your recipe too!!!

Oh yea I forgot to say chicken stock! All of these sound delish!

What would you compare the taste to.

Ex: like rice or brown rice?

What would you compare the taste to.

Ex: like rice or brown rice?

It's probably most comparable to something like brown rice, just a lighter, fluffier version. I use it as a substitute in a lot of rice recipes, like chicken and rice casserole and fried rice!

I am going to have to try it. I miss my carbs sometimes. Hopefully I will like it and it can replace what I miss. Thank You