Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought we could start a thread to see how we r all doing 11 days PO. I have had a fairly smooth recovery. Protein and Water where it should be, good energy, getting out and about. I have been drinking prune juice, you can imagine why! My biggest struggle is mental. I am down 15 lbs since surgery and feel like my face and body is so much less bloated. I can see the weight loss in my face and clothes. But, it is not all sunshine and rainbows. I struggle with not being able to eat as my family does and go to a restaurant. I know this will come in time, but it still an adjustment. Such a drastic change does not come without its challenges . I have had some WTH have I done moments, but think it will fade as I lose more weight. Just wondering how the rest of us are doing!?!?!

I am going through the exact same thing. Physically, my recovery has been good. But mentally I've struggled these past four days or so. I am hoping this passes soon and it's just hormones being released!!

I am just trying to find stuff that I can have so I can still join my family an friends when they go out. Like I went to my friends going away lunch and had the broth of onion soup! And now I have a new obsession lol. U can do it!

I found this Tomato Soup from target that is delicious! But I also am afraid to eat what I'm allowed to eat! I haven't lost past four days so I think now well I must have eaten too many sf Popsicles etc etc..

Buster..eat eat eat...I think we're all coming up on the rumored third week stall...where or body stays trying to catch up with our new reality...from everything I've read the only way to break through is to increase our watered and Protein..I've had 3 days of no loss myself :(

Other than that I'm doing well, I have really noticed how in my old life my day would revolve around food though, I've been struggling to find other things to fill my time...

Mine started at the beginning of week 2 though. But I, too, am trying to find other things to fill my time. I knew this would be an adjustment but I had no idea how much until I actually was living it! I know I'll make it. It's just gonna take time. I joined the gym the other day and will start Monday. That should distract me a bit! :)

I am on day 12 post op and have also had 3 days with no weight loss, but I think it's because I haven't been eating enough. My body is comfortable with so little and always being overweight I know that its always been that the less calories I take in the more weight I lose, but at this few calories I'm sure my body has reached starvation mode and is just holding on to everything I put into it for fear that there is nothing more coming. I have reached that plateau before when trying to lose weight, when you put in too little your body just doesn't think it can get rid of ANY. It never has really made sense to me, but today I am going to focus harder on getting all of my nutritional needs met, eventhough I am not hungry, and see if there is a weight change tomorrow. I'm also going to try to be more active today...go for a walk or maybe a swim. I am one pound away from ONEDERLAND and it's killing me that I can't lose it!!

I am on day 12 post op and have also had 3 days with no weight loss' date=' but I think it's because I haven't been eating enough. My body is comfortable with so little and always being overweight I know that its always been that the less calories I take in the more weight I lose, but at this few calories I'm sure my body has reached starvation mode and is just holding on to everything I put into it for fear that there is nothing more coming. I have reached that plateau before when trying to lose weight, when you put in too little your body just doesn't think it can get rid of ANY. It never has really made sense to me, but today I am going to focus harder on getting all of my nutritional needs met, eventhough I am not hungry, and see if there is a weight change tomorrow. I'm also going to try to be more active today...go for a walk or maybe a swim. I am one pound away from ONEDERLAND and it's killing me that I can't lose it!![/quote']

I think it's the same for me. My body needs more food. I start more normal foods Tuesday so I think I will start losing again then. Best of luck to u!

I joined the gym the other day and will start Monday. That should distract me a bit! :)

Good for you! I need to get my butt into the gym too and try some zumba....I've just been walking the mall and around my neighborhood hoping to prevent my butt from having too much skin sag..

Serious question though I was looking back over my MFP log and realized I'm only averaging about 30grams of Protein per day... anyone else going into week 3 post that it's struggling to reach 60-80 grams?

Anyone successful have tips? I feel like I have Protein shakes and greek yogurt coming out of my ears at this point..(tomorrow I'm cleared for the puree stage)

Good for you! I need to get my butt into the gym too and try some zumba....I've just been walking the mall and around my neighborhood hoping to prevent my butt from having too much skin sag..

Serious question though I was looking back over my MFP log and realized I'm only averaging about 30grams of Protein per day... anyone else going into week 3 post that it's struggling to reach 60-80 grams?

Anyone successful have tips? I feel like I have Protein shakes and greek yogurt coming out of my ears at this point..(tomorrow I'm cleared for the puree stage)

I make sure I drink two premier shakes a day which are 30g each. One when I first wake up and one at night. Then with my quarter cup of cottage cheese or whatever else I may eat, I usually end up around 65-70

I use the Premier Protein shakes as well. I have found no other way for me to get 60 grams of Protein. I also have stalled I guess. I gained two pounds today of the 7 I had lost :( trying not to freak out. My hubby thinks I maybe it was the Water I drank yesterday. I finally got in 50 oz of water alone yesterday. I had previously been getting about 30 to 40 oz of water. I am slowly able to drink more. I keep telling myself that 5 pounds in 11 days is amazing!

I use the premier Protein shakes as well. I have found no other way for me to get 60 grams of Protein. I also have stalled I guess. I gained two pounds today of the 7 I had lost :( trying not to freak out. My hubby thinks I maybe it was the Water I drank yesterday. I finally got in 50 oz of Water alone yesterday. I had previously been getting about 30 to 40 oz of water. I am slowly able to drink more. I keep telling myself that 5 pounds in 11 days is amazing!

I'm trying not to freak out too!! We have to find other activities to distract us! And/or hide the scale :)

I'm trying not to freak out too!! We have to find other activities to distract us! And/or hide the scale :)

I actually feel like smashing it lol but I won't. Maybe just put it away ...

I actually feel like smashing it lol but I won't. Maybe just put it away ...

I know I feel the same way ....I probably won't put it away either... Just being honest lol

Check out the recipes forum. I'm five days out & already have found a bunch of good ones. Also fatsecret.com & chefdave.com, but you have to pay for that one. Or look at the bookstores for cookbooks. I'm counting the days till I get more than liquids, so exciting!