Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello VST! I'm 3 wks post op. I've been doing well eating and losing weight but my Mom has recently been hospitalized. The stress is causing me not to eat. I didn't have an appetite to start with. I noticed yesterday that my mouth is so dry. I am not trying to become dehydrated. Everything I try to eat is potent...like the flavor is sooo intense also creating me to avoid food period. I know that It's not good that I'm not eating. For those that believe in the power of prayer please pray for both my Mom and I. Thank you!

Try your best to at least get fluids in--or you will end up hospitalized too. I understand how upsetting and stressful it is to have your mother in the hospital, but to be able to be there for her, you have to take care of you.

Carry a Water bottle, or grab a premade Protein drink and sip at it constantly. A dry mouth means you're at least moderately dehydrated--what color is your urine? The darker it is, the more dehydrated you are. Please take care of yourself before you land in a hospital bed too. :unsure:

Try your best to at least get fluids in--or you will end up hospitalized too. I understand how upsetting and stressful it is to have your mother in the hospital' date=' but to be able to be there for her, you have to take care of you.

Carry a Water bottle, or grab a premade Protein drink and sip at it constantly. A dry mouth means you're at least moderately dehydrated--what color is your urine? The darker it is, the more dehydrated you are. Please take care of yourself before you land in a hospital bed too. :unsure:[/quote']

Thanks Vixynne. I will be sipping more. I'm worried bc my urine is a funny dark yellow. My lips are dry and as we speak I'm sipping Water.< /p>

I'll be thinking of you, MrsPierre! Drink as much as you can...and then drink a little more. ;)

MrsPierre--take a look at this chart, it will help you see how dehydrated you are (based on the color of your urine).

Boy-scouts-of-America.png

I'll be thinking of you' date=' MrsPierre! Drink as much as you can...and then drink a little more. ;)[/quote']

Thanks again so much and for the chart as well! I'm so thankful for this forum!!!

MrsPierre this is a very difficult time for you. Glad to hear your drinking Water and will be focusing on it more. Is there any way you can get some Gatorade low calorie or regular to help with your electrolytes. I usually drink G2 Gatorade low calorie diluted with water because it helps me want more of it. it also helps replenish the electrolytes I need to retain water...... Sending healing energy to your mom and you....... Keep drinking that water all day today and the next. If you get light headed, you may need to go in to your urgent care or ER for an IV. Hang in there I know how hard this is for you.....

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. Please what ever you do, at least drink fluids. You dont want to end up in the hospital with dehydration when your mom needs you the most. I pray the Lord puts his healing hands on you and your mom and heals your worried heart, the problems your mom is having in Jesus name I pray Amen.

Thanks everyone!!! I'll get Gatorade on the way to the hospital shortly. Your prayers are so appreciated!

Lifting you up with Prayer !

Mom hospitalized. - stress is causing me not to eat. mouth is so dry.

MrsPierre

sorry for the health problems/issues with your mom :(

repeating what OP correctly have said...................

you need to take care of yourself !!!!!!

must eat

DRINK is essential

as OP have said - drink, drink, and drink some more (water btles)

dry mouth is not a good sign!!!!!!

attend to yourself - so you can tend to your mom!!!!

good luck

kathy

Prayers for you and your Mom.

MsPierre. I believe on the power of prayer and I speak healing and life into your moms life and nutrients into yours. You are a victor!! God can do anything but fail. Please keep us posted on your progress because you WILL be successful.