Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In my experience' date=' nurses are the WORST patients, LOL.[/quote']

We are aren't we? Lol

My mom is constantly on me about it. I wish I had a good way to measure liquids every time. I'll have some milk then some Gatorade then Water and just pour them out of a big jug not knowing exactly how much I'm talking in. I really need to start being diligent about measuring.

I used little medicine cups like that come with liquid Benadryl or cough Syrup. It should have an oz mark - 4 ounces an hour is a good goal. Also 1/2 cup measuring cup is the same as 4 oz - so you could measure out that way. Write it down on a log. My first goal was 32-40 oz per day and my surgeon was happy with me when I reached 40. I stopped focusing on the Protein and only focused on fluids and then worried about the shakes after. I also didn't focus so much on the holding liquids 30 min pre and post when doing the shakes. Once i was feeling better - i went back to the rules. If you are drinking from a Gatorade bottle and able to get half in - they are usually 20 oz bottles - so just estimate how much you get in. Be careful if the milk. Is giving you bloating or pain and just focus on clears. Popsicles and Jello will also tell you how many ounces they are. Again, others may disagree, I stopped focusing so much on sugar free. I like sugar free drinks - but not Popsicles or Jello - so I did regular ones. I'm working on some Campbell's vegetable Soup broth right now - just took out the veggies. I like the flavor of the broth.< /p>

My Doc told me to use a shot glass and drink one of Fluid every ten minutes for 10 hours of the day. That gets 60 oz in you and leaves 14 hours for sleep, exercise,etc. I I set my phone to go off every ten minutes. Of course this is week 1& 2. But is helping to train me how to pay attention since you can't make up for lost fluid quickly.I can't really tolerate much more than an ounce at a time. It's really helping. SF Popsicles help a lot. Hang in there! glad you're feeling better.

Thank y'all so much! Those are great ideas! I'm doing the measuring cup and setting a timer every hour! I do not want to go back to the ER!