Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits January Challenge

YEP! I am "BORDERLINE NORMAL"!! (my weight, that is...) Thanks, Julie.

Miper70: We are both Ortiz patients! Come workout with us! Exercise can sure help hormonal problems. I've only lost 40-some pounds, but my toning, energy level, and attitude has improved immensely! AND, the women here are VERY supportive. I owe my work-out success to their inspiring words. We share the same daily struggles, but challenge each other to succeed. You will find yourself doing things you thought not possible. (I can run five miles)

Betty, your husband is sneaky, huh? How come men can drop weight so easily??

Boo...............oh my............borderline "normal".............we have a "normal" amoung us...............I am so excited for you!............gives me such hope that I can do that also.........you are so right with your comment to Miper (where are you Miper?) this group is the best we could hope for in inspiration and support. I for one owe my "push" to all of you! I was doing maybe 3 times a week before joining this group........now if I miss a day I feel I'm letting myself and all of you down! Plus, plus, plus I think I actually like it???

Just got home from our walk to Breakfast - we did it with tons of snow on the ground (it is melting tho)..........so proud of myself - braved the cold....never could have done it without you all!

Boo...where have I been????I didn't realize you were closing in on "normal"!!! Wow wee!!! Can I come too???? I'm so happy for your success!

Betty, I see you braved the cold....always pushing the envelope aren't you. :-)

Julie...I think that's great you've taken the step to groom your hands. It certainly completes the whole package of the new you. That is fantastic that someone absolutely did not recognize you....how cool is that. It is really something, this journey we are on, it's not just our weight it's our whole persona that is changing.

40 mins. exercise.

Roberta

Julie, just saw your addition to your post from yesterday..........I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.............years ago I had "fakies" - nails that is..........and the past few years I really wasn't into taking "care" or caring..............boy are we changing! I keep mine short also, don't like those fangs that some wear.

Roberta, yes we braved the weather..............it actually got warm today......got up to almost 40 deg and the snow is melting off fast. It was pretty, now go away snow............I need to get to the gym.......no problem I'm heading there for my 4 day Fri,Sat,Sun,Mon stint of NIA - can't wait since I haven't been to the gym since Monday and miss it.

Betty I give you all the credit in the world! I HATE the cold weather!! (don't like too much heat either) the older I get the worse it gets for me. Even without the asthma, I hate to go out in the cold. You are a brave women in my book! :-)

Roberta

I got in a good workout today FINALLY after 2 days off. I'm going away for the weekend, so I'll hit the gym in the morning as well. I should be back Sunday before the gym closes too, so the weekend away won't distract me from my exercise goals too much.

Yall have a great weekend and stay warm.

Hi Everyone,

I am exhausted and tired but sooo happy. I had a great run this morning and feel energized and proud. There was no wind and it was only -18 C, so I really enjoyed myself.

It sounds like you guys are all doing well.

Anyone have any good plans for the weekend? I think we are going out ski-dooing and then a picnic if it is not windy. We may also snow shoe... so it should be good.

Take a look at my ticker... I am over the 150 lb lost mark!!! Yee haa!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

weight.png

Exercise this month= 14 sessions

Dawn, you are awesome! That artic air must be pushing your metabolism to the hilt...................give me some of that (just kidding - you know I'm a wuss).

I don't know what I'm doing but,this week I've lost 5 lbs (was 181 last Friday) ..........."common baby" - keep going! Off to the gym.

Guysis,

You rock!!!

You are well below my goal weight and still rocketing fast - 5lbs now that is amazing!!!!

Congrats to you and I will be borrowing some of your 'losing' energy. Onederland is just around the corner!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

weight.png<o:p></o:p>

Dawn,

I'm so impressed how you run in the cold. I can barely stand it on my treadmill in my 70 degree gym. I have no idea how I'm going to run my race on Feb 4th outside. Do you have any tips for me?

Your ticker ROCKS! Way to go. I can't wait for 7 more lbs to come off you and see that "One" starting your weight. My ticker is stalled. This is totally normal for me -- lose 5-6 quickly then nothing for 10-12 days, but it's still frustrating with all the working out I'm doing....

Yall have a good weekend.

I'm so excited, I finally hit 100 lb down!!! Hooray me!!!

I couldn't have done it without the band, and I wouldn't have done it without you gals cheering me on!

Had another fill yesterday. My doctor gave me a high five and presented me with an official 100 lb pin!

Boo, I don't recognize "borderline" -- but "normal" is awesome! Congratulations! I believe you are the first of us to achieve "normal" weight.

Betty, I'm not surprised that you lost 5 lbs this week with all the NIA classes and a walk in the snow. Have you scooted past DH with this loss?

Roberta, you are so close to Onederland! (I'm envious, heh)

Julie, enjoy your weekend away from NYC! I'm sure you'll manage to get in some exercise as well.

Dawn, the fact that you have passed the 150 lbs lost mark is, well, astonishing. Way to go, girl!

April 2006 Bandits January Challenge: SIXTEEN days of exercise completed

Thanks so much Julie,

Your constant reinforcement has been so critical to me. I think running in the cold is mental- I have no choice. I have no tredmill or gym, so what's a girl to do? I layer well and pull off as needed en route. I just know that it will be cold and it is what it is!

What race are you entering? I would love to hear about it.

DAwn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

weight.png

Bluehill, 100 lbs - I'm so excited for you...............oh my! and Dawn - 150 lbs - what can any of us say! The two of you along with this whole group are so inspiring............what else can we do but push ourselves. Isn't this group just so great for all of us - I'm so happy we found each other.