Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits January Challenge

How did your brothers birthday go...........?? Hope you weren't too stressed and saw our messages!

Roberta, i wanna go belly-dancing it sounds fun, maybe I should buy a DVD to use!

Bluehill congrats on NSV, isn't it great!!!!!

AmouretteXX

Hi everyone!

I had a great day!!! A friend and I went to lunch, we met here at the house, and walked to lunch down town, ended up sitting sipping tea for over 2 hours, just talking. Come home, got my house cleaned up (no grandbabies!!), and was supposed to meet DH in town to go visit a co-worker in the hospital, but he has problems at work, so is going to be late, and I don't have to go to the hospital!!! OR cook dinner! He isn't working hard, or I'd feel bad, he is just stuck waiting for some things to get done. I just finished 30 minutes on the elliptical, so combined with my walk to and from lunch (about 3.25 miles round trip) I got my time in today--even if the challenge has been met!

Birthday dinner went great...I ate bad things, but they tasted good, and I did not eat a lot of them!! I sent all the cake home with my brother, and all but enough left overs for DH's lunch. I know myself well!!! Thanks for being there to listen to me. It is hard to discuss with my Mom, she just gets sadder...and of my 2 best friends here, one just lost her Dad, and everything makes her cry (understandable), and the other, her brother was killed not long before mine was hurt so bad---so she knows I am the lucky one. Helped to just vent some!

Wow Julie----does he miss having friends or do I miss them for him? Well based on him prior to the accident, he was quite social, had a group of buddies. But he has never actually said he missed having friends. He HAS said things about wishing he had a woman in his life---but based on his age level, what teenage boy doesn't want that??? He is very busy work wise, and mostly he works for 2 men in my Dad's age group. One owns a bunch of rentals, and he does general upkeep---he treats my brother good--- in actuality he likely is a friend to him as much as an employer. He is a rather crass old guy--but one who's sense of humor would make my brother laugh! The other guy he works for owns a large farm/orchard. He is a professor, and quite a religious man, he treats him like a long lost son, the gifts he gives him come Christmas, make us pale in comparison---but he challenges Bob to be a good person. Besides the 2 of them he does work for assorted others, this is just a slow time of year. He has no shortage whatsoever for people to work for. He also has a pet cat, that he dotes on, special foods, special houses---the whole 9 yards. Your question, made me feel much better!!! I think I was projecting my own feelings on to him. I am very dependent on my friends, on my husband, and on my kids. Not quite sure what in the world I would do without them! But in his CURRENT frame of mind, he would hate having anyone with him all the time...and as an adult, he really does not know what he is missing---this happen his senior year of high school--so you don't miss what you never had I guess.

OK---where have you been all these years??? I feel much better!!! Clear perspective---gotta love it!

And as for you guys all saying how special I am for doing these things, I'm really not! He is my only sibling. My DH is one of 4, but only he and a sister (the one I was banded with) live here. So when things need to be done---it is us it falls to. I do not always do it graciously or happily!!! It is kind of like TAG you're IT....and there is no one left to chase!!! While it is nice you all thinking how nice it is....to be honest.....sometimes I don't take doing it all nicely!!!

Roberta---take care, hope you don't get too down with the bad weather coming. It has been clear and cold here.

Dawn---way to go---You made the challenge, we will blow Feb. out of the Water, even if there is only 28 days!!!

Amourette---where do you fly to after Japan?? Even if it really IS boring---it sounds like all kinds of exotic fun!!

Betty---did the antihistimine help your DH? Bee stings can be deadly---they are scary! Good Luck in your tournament! Win BIG!!!

Boo---WooHoo!!! Girl you are the runner!!! I know the feeling of having to do something--amazing now it is something besides eating! Good Job Girlie!!!

Bluehill---You must feel so lucky those baggy drawers did not fall around your ankles as you exercised---that is a lot of sizes to drop!!! I am so proud of you!

Well I am off to start a makeover on the guest room!!! We did away with one of our bedrooms, and turned it into a mini gym---where we can leave the weights out etc. So all of the "stuff" in that room, got shoved into the other. Now I have it to clean, and no good reason not to be doing it!!!

Wow---long post---I wrote a book. I dedicate it to you all!!!

Kat

Amourette, belly dancing is not only a lot of fun, it's a great workout. You actually start to sweat!!

Kat: It sounds like you had a fabulous day!

Roberta

Next I fly to San Francisco, but that is next week, what a shame none of you live up there...........my roster is very good, not normally such great work, but the week after that I have horrible day trips which are draining and a horrid start at midnight to fly to Samoa and back in the same duty, yuck!

We are provided our uniform (thank goodness), but we buy our own shoes and stockings, I get thru' so many stockings, it is really annoying, so changing my uniform isn't too hard at all, I just fill a form in and send it away and they courier it back to my house, I am ready for a smaller skirt and hopefully trousers will be next!!!

XX

Kat, I'm so glad my question helped you! That made my day. Your workout sounded quite thorough as well, which also made my day.

Dawn, you can ABSOLUTELY run a 5K in March. I'm running a 4M in 10 days! If I have to walk some, so be it. I know that you can get ready for that distance with that much time to train. You should definitely sign up. Then, any chance you'd come to NYC in the summer and run a 10K with me? I have to run my races in NYC this year for them to qualify for the marathon runs, but anyone can join. It could be fun....It's an easy trip from Montreal and you could definitely stay with me, so costs would be low. If you're interested, I'll keep you posted on our options. If not, I have good friends in Montreal and we could probably work in a race there sometime too....

Well, I met the challenge today. And, of my 60 minutes on the treadmill, I ran 30 of them straight. I guess that means I'm officially done with my "couch potato to runner" program. Now I'm going to work on adding a little distance (I'd like to get to 5 miles), then work on my speed (I'm pretty comfortable at a 12:45 pace but it's a stretch to run a 12:00 pace, though I can do that with one minute walk breaks per mile if I feel like that.

This has been a big exercise month for me. I feel like I made real strides in running this month. I didn't lose that much weight (I'm due for a drop), but I'm starting to feel like a runner. I'm even starting to collect gear (you need a bunch of stuff for an outdoor run in Feb in Yankeeland)!

That's all my news for today. Time to hit the sack.

Take care,

Amourette, I just can't figure out why everyone knows it is me! I must have some characteristic move. (Betty, basically, I probably run like your dog!!! "Phoebe" was a nutty character on "Friends" that ran in Central Park like a wild woman)

Julie, you are just sooooo sweet! Thank you! Your words make me feel really good. Your 30 min non-stop run is fantastic. I integrate an incline to build up my stamina. Pretty soon I will go back to the track and work on speed a bit. It is just so much fun to have a leisurely jog (that would have been an oxymoron a year ago!) Remember, we have a deal to run in something together. Your run is in February! I have one in March. Then, let's set a goal!

Who else is in? NO pressure, just fun!

that is soooo funny, I keep laughing about it, I think u will have to post a video for us to view and give you feedback. :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :heh:

Yippee everyone, I thought I would take it easy after one too many sakes last nite so set off along the river next to the hotel and started a jog just to get my heart rate up and then kept going a whole hour!!!! I am so excited, I wasn't that fast but I didn't stop!!!!

Yippeee:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

hello everybody!!! you all do great! abd congratulations to everyone who makes it through the January challenge!! Ok on Tuesday my trainer cancelled on me but today Im all ready for some serious workout.-)) I cant wait I know shes gonna be hard on me but actually I cant wait for it.I lost my excercice motivation-totally but this will bring me back to gym:-)) I will let you know what muscles hurts:-)

Once again you guys are so amazing.

Boo- thanks for calling me a runner. I feel like it today. It was a wonderful morning only -17 and no wind, with a blizzard warning in effect I knew I would not be able to run tomorrow... so I ran again today - I usually run every other day. Well... today I decided to take it easy and run for me and not time I have been working on speed (Julie I am a 10 minute K... I have to work to get to your pace). I ran (with some walking) 4.2 K today and I feel so great.

Julie... when is your 10 K in the summer? We are going to (hopefully) Prague..., but let me know. Since I live in the Arctic and only go to Montreal for meetings, we may have to have good planning... but I would love to run with you!!!! We would rock.

I weigh in tomorrow and I am hoping to meet my January challenge of 205. I'll let you know.

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/207/179

Made my exercise and then some this month!!!

Quick note:............I'm off in a 1/2 hour to Palm Springs!

I told you I was "out of it".............I'm probably the only person in the USA or elsewhere that has never watched "Friends"...........why, I don't know????

I guess I need to rent them to see Phoebe!

How about the rest of us walk while they run (am I the only one that doesn't run? Remember we're going to meet here - I have that great guest room and lots of couches and the Northwest is so beautiful......I'll be a great tour guide. Of course, I'll meet up wherever, but truthfully think about this summer or fall????

Well, it's official. As of this morning, I'm no longer morbidly obese.

It's pretty emotional, actually. I expected this feeling when I got to Onederland, but wasn't prepared for it at 218 (BMI 39). If I went to Dr. Fielding today, I would not qualify for the lap band. So weird. So wonderful.

Betty, Never you worry your skinny little self about it -- I'm coming to occupy your guest room! What do you think about Columbus Day weekend -- i.e. October 2007? Not that we have to plan now, but I'm serious about coming.

Boo and Dawn, Here's a link to the calendar of all the runs that my runners' club offers. I have to run 9 of them this year. It's not fully updated yet -- if last year's calendar is a guide, once March hits, they have several runs a week of varying distances. I think 10K is going to be my distance. I could see myself building up to running that 3 times a week for the long term, then strength training on 2-3 other days. I'd like to add swimming to my repertoire at some juncture too. Maybe once I have the TT. I'm going to be out of running commission in April and May as I recover from surgery. Starting in June, I'm going to run everything in site!

http://www.nyrr.org/races/2007/calendar/february.asp

Eficka, yes, keep us posted on where your muscles hurt....Wink.

Amourette, you ran for an HOUR! And after sake, no less? You're my hero!!

Well, it's official. As of this morning, I'm no longer morbidly obese

This is FABULOUS NEWS, Julie!!!! Congratulations on this significant milestone in your weight-loss journey! And I note that you have also dipped into the "teens"! At this rate, you'll be in Onederland in no time, and surely meet your TT deadline. I'm so proud of you! Just think where you have come from. Can you believe you were in the mid-300s just last April?!!

April 2006 Bandits January Challenge: 21 days of exercise completed

Congratulations Julie!!! I knew it would come fast for you---you are working so hard!!! Before you know it you will be at goal, PS behind you, and looking back in awe at all you have done....and you will deserve it all!

Kat