Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits January Challenge

Thanks Bluehill, sometimes it's so frustrating for me when everyone else seems to be zooming along and I'm struggling to keep up. This is a horrible month for me because the scale will just not move!! I've put in more workouts and still nothing... I hope next month will be better.

Roberta

Roberta, I understand your frustration - I feel it also. I think now that we are out here at about 10 months we'll have to put up with the snail pace of the rest of our weight loss. I seem to go in spurts of 3-5 pounds and then nothing for quite some time! It is hard because the focus of our year has been so into this journey. Keep plugging - we're all here together pushing each other along. It's a lifetime commitment and we'll all get there eventually and this time for good!

I'm happy with this months challenge - just a couple of months until our Bandanniversaries - wow this year is flying - I don't know about you all, but the older I get the more the days fly by. Just experienced a horrible loss - a friend (not real close, but I knew her well) just died from a ceribral hemmorage - she was only 50 years old. Makes you appreciate every minute - you never know. So we are doing the best thing we could possibly do for ourselves and our families by becoming healthier people.

See you in next month's challenge.

This is what I did today for my workout...danced for over an hour!

:)

I was HOPING the scale would move for the last day of the month, but no, it went up a pound! So that leaves me where I started! Zippo loss this month. Hey, I'll TAKE it! I didn't gain!!! Last year at this time I was terrified of blowing up. Now I'm just chillin' for a bit until my body gets the message. Eviction notices are being served! April is on its way and I really want to make more progress before then!

Come on, February!! Bring it on!!

Boo and Guysis,

Your positive messages always bring me hope. Yeah... I have been losing well and I am thrilled with it, but I know that the plateau will hit (maybe it already has??) and then i will need to depend on something other than the scales to keep me focused.

Thanks guys!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/305/179

Sorry Betty about your friend. You are so right....makes you appreciate life doesn't it, especially when you get in your sixties.

Roberta

Such sad news about your friend's death, Betty. Sudden, unexpected death is a sobering, chilling experience that connects us directly to the fleeting, ephemeral nature of life. And makes us value life -- our own and others' -- even more.

January was a banner month for me, and I worked really hard at my commitment to daily exercise. After coming up one day short in meeting the December challenge, I logged 26 days in January, a personal best! My weight loss for the month was 11.4 lbs, a significant improvement over December's holiday toll of 3.8 lbs.

The next two exercise months are going to be very challenging for me in a whole new way because I'll be away on vacation from February 13 to March 10. Which is to say that I'll be away from the regular routine that has worked for me since I began exercise in September. That routine consists of going to my fitness center every morning at the same time and taking whatever hour-long exercise or yoga class is scheduled for 10, followed by a 40-minute lap swim in the pool. Now I'm faced with a month of no classes and no lap swim! What to do other than walking? I'm excited about the vacation -- a visit with my sister & BIL in Yuma, Arizona, and then a week in Portland, Oregon, with my niece & her gang -- but I'm feeling anxious about how to deal with the lack of routine and unstructured exercise.

As always, I rely greatly on the support and encouragement that I get from you ladies. I know for a fact that without this group, I would never have challenged myself to this level of exercise. I thank you all, individually and collectively, for the tremendous inspiration, and for the friendship and camaraderie as well.

ON TO FEBRUARY!!!

April 2006 Bandits January Challenge: 26 days of exercise completed (44 individual sessions of 40 min or more)

Whoa, Betty, I just totally missed your post about your friend. I'm so sorry!

Life is precious and can change in an instant with no warning. I hope we can all keep improving the quality of our lives and approach each day with gratitude.

Love and prayers!

Goodbye, January 2007!

Bluehill, I think that exercise has become such a big part of your life that you will find ways to keep moving while your away. They may not be at the same level of exercise but it will still be of benefit. You certainly did have a stellar month...congratulations on that!! Who would have thought that any of us would EVER be concerned about getting in enough exercise....how our lives have changed.

Hello girls,

I went to my check up and my doc said Im doing great, Im happy that even though I gained some during xmas-I let myself go a bit:-)lol- I managed to lose almost 8 lbs. I asked for a fill and she told me to wait for another month since Im still losing.Im ok with that,cause that way I can get enough nutrition (1300cals) I need (otherwise Im not able to think:-)And since I have more muscle now Im hungrier, but trying to resist it:-)

Im off to my training...have a great day everyone and keep up the awesome work!!!

I wrote a thorough post last night, then hit some key by accident (I blame the new fingernails) and lost the whole thing -- not even "undo" would work. Don't you hate that?

Boo and Dawn, my race starts at 8 a.m. on Sunday but you can't track it online. They only do that for 10Ks or greater (so maybe in a few races). I will definitely think of all of you cheering me on though. It's going to be great. I got in a great run last night -- my last training run, and I felt really good about it -- even though it's going to be 18 degrees.

Betty, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. My prayers are with you and I promise to truly appreciate the fact that I have today -- and all the good things about today (even though I'm not at goal) -- in her memory. Please let us know if there's anything we can do.

Bluehill, I have no doubt that you'll get your Feb/March exercise in. You'll walk, you'll find a gym where you can pay by the workout (many will let you if you talk them into it, even if they don't technically have a day plan -- I found this out when I was down South over Christmas). Just don't fall into the trap of "gee, since I can't do my normal full workout, it's not worth going for a walk" -- it is worth going for the walk. It preserves the habit and burns good calories. I fall into that trap too easily ("gee, I can't run today, so I won't even bother going to the gym" -- no Julie, wrong attitude). BTW, your weightloss this month was STELLAR. Woohoo!

Eficka, I'm glad you're ok with not getting the fill. That would make me angry (because I'm a control freak), but I do understand there are different approaches to band fills. You're doing great.

Roberta, I'm soooo happy you completed the challenge despite your health ups and downs. You are an inspiration!

Boo, do you think your body has changed this month and the scale just hasn't caught up? That happens to me a lot. February is going to be your month!

Speaking of February....

ok girls I know that the one leg doesnt fit perfectly but Im so psyched that I can into it I have to share it

post-206647-13813134599838_thumb.jpg

Omigod, Eficka, look at you! You're looking FABULOUS, girl! All that weight gone and fitting into ONE LEG of your old dungarees! We're soooooo proud of you!

AWESOME PICTURE!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: