Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started off strong with the pre op diet consisting of the 3-4 Protein Shakes per day. I had lost a total of 16lbs sticking to the diet. However I went off the diet and gained 10lbs back. I had no idea that if you gained any of the weight back you would be required to start over. So now I have till August 1st to lose the required 10lbs or I can not keep my surgery date of August 30th. If anybody has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Start back on pre-op diet and keep up with the Protein shakes. Before I had the surgery, I had to do a 4 month required visitation with a dietician and I just cut back and did Protein Shakes and dropped 52 lbs! 10 lbs can be easy to knock off if you just go back to it! You can do it! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I started off strong with the pre op diet consisting of the 3-4 Protein shakes per day. I had lost a total of 16lbs sticking to the diet. However I went off the diet and gained 10lbs back. I had no idea that if you gained any of the weight back you would be required to start over. So now I have till August 1st to lose the required 10lbs or I can not keep my surgery date of August 30th. If anybody has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

First remain calm! I altered my eating habits for over a year and lost 50 pounds including 10 on the preop diet. Basically you will take one day at a time and make a lot more good choices than bad choices. You have one month to lose 10 pounds so find something that you can stick to and choose foods that you don't mind eating routinely. The Southbeach diet is one that has worked for several of my friends. Usually in phase 1 you can lose 10 or more pounds. I never had trouble losing weight, it was just keeping it off that was my problem lol good luck!

Do you have to stick to Protein Shakes or do you just have to lose 10 lbs by August 1? If you just need to lose 10 lbs, I would suggest a high Protein, low carb diet like Atkins. Not only will this plan help you lose that weight, it will also help you get used to the type of diet you should have post-op.

I don't have a date yet but have to be down 5lbs they gave me 1month I go back next week ''m down 8lbs but I would like to try the shakes for maybe 30days with 1meal and see how much I can come day.What do you all think?What's a good shake .

I don't mind doing it along with you let me know what's the plan.

My NUT advised me to have my doctor give me a diet pill. Which he prescribed Adipex as a weight loss pill. It has suppressed my appetite but for some reason I feel like I have gained weight. My clothes fit tighter! I'm so afraid to step on the scale I don't know if I can handle another set back. I have a appointment with my NUT tomorrow I am hoping I have lost at least 5-8lbs.

That pill might be causing you to retain Water. Fish Oil tablets are great for that.

That pill might be causing you to retain Water. Fish Oil tablets are great for that.

That could be true. All of my sandals are extremely tight around my ankles...

Apple cider vinegar is great for Water retaining. Take one tablespoon with 8oz of water hold your nose helps ..Lol! But it flushes all of that Fluid out.

Start back on pre-op diet and keep up with the Protein shakes. Before I had the surgery' date=' I had to do a 4 month required visitation with a dietician and I just cut back and did Protein Shakes and dropped 52 lbs! 10 lbs can be easy to knock off if you just go back to it! You can do it! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

What kind of Protein Shakes are you using? Do you add fruit to it or just drink it cold?

What kind of Protein shakes are you using? Do you add fruit to it or just drink it cold?

I was using the Atkins Protein shake. I drank it plain no fruit

Apple cider vinegar is great for Water retaining. Take one tablespoon with 8oz of Water hold your nose helps ..Lol! But it flushes all of that Fluid out.

What about regular vinegar?

I was using nectar strawberry mousse and bariatric support chocolate, but that one, if you pre-made it, it ended up more like pudding instead of a shake. The nectar has lots of flavors that are awesome. It's about $45 for a bug tub of it and each scoop has 23g of Protein. I was doing one for lunch as a Meal Replacement and had 2 boiled eggs for Breakfast and for dinner I would have meat and veggies and I would have "snacks" between them, which would be peanuts or almonds, and I also got 64oz of Water or a sugar free beverage in every day. It sounds like a lot, but it worked! I set reminders on my phone because my job is crazy, but it helped me keep on it.

Sent from my iPhone using VST