Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone 3 weeks post op.. n I am now suppose to be in puree. I can hold the yogurt down but I don't know if I'm full because I alwAys feel like something Is stuck n now I'm gaging n vomiting my fluids. .. I'm sm seriously regretting some one help. . I'm extra weak

Hang in there. What you are going through is normal ....it gets better! I won't lie - the first month is pure hell for many of us, but it gets easier. Focus on fluids, Protein, and walking...there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Eat and drink slower than slow! Best of luck to you!

I'm right there with ya. As much as I hate my Protein drink, It is hard for me to get down the solids.

Something I have learned about my body is that have to burp either between each 'bite' or every couple. I forgot one time that I wasn't supposed to drink right after eating and that caused air to get caught and I threw up.

Good luck.

gagging n vomiting my fluids. .. I'm sm seriously regretting some one help. . I'm extra weak

mzblaze35

awwwwwwwwwwwh

i'm sorry you are going through this :(

you made the wise decision to have the sleeve

don't second guess yourself now :angry:

its true the first week + can/is very difficult

i also had that feeling that something was stuck on an occassion at an early stage too!!! no fun :angry:

you MUST drink very slowly

since you are having trouble keeping liquids down - sip ever so slowly - take a break between sips

its important to drink - you don't want to get dehydrated :angry:

but..........drink slowly enough that you keep the Water down

drinking alot, but vomitting it up, is no fun/or helpful :angry:

don't know if you are full?????

that feeling WILL happen as you progress with your food stages

you will have that full feeling especially once you are on solids

do you have a NUT????

she/he could advise you

have you thought of finding a support group????

they can be great!!!!

if you don't know of one.....call your local hospital (or dr.)

they can direct you to a support group

thats what happened to me

even if you didn't have surgery locally - it can't hurt to call the local hospital and explain your situation

nothing ventured, nothing gained :)

they SHOULD be willing to help you :)

the situations/problems you mentioned - unfortunately do happen to other sleevers too - so you are not alone

give the sleeve more of a chance

sounds like you don't have other problems/issues

head up high - weight down low :lol:

you are the road to a healthier, happier, longer life

you might be taking a little Detour now.......but

you are the road to a healthier, happier, longer life :)

good luck

kathy

I agree with all comments made. What you are going through is normal. Drink your fluids very slowly. As time goes on, you'll be able to tolerate the fluids better. Hang in there. it took me a couple of months to be able to drink the required fluids w/o that bloated feeling (or that stuck feeling) coming so quickly. And weeks to tolerate my Protein shakes w/o the dumping syndrome. But stick with it, it truly will get better.

When you feel that "stuck" feeling, thats the feeling that my doc told me to look for. Said that was my first sign of being full. As time goes on and your new pouch has adjusted, you won't feel it as quickly. She told me when I get that feeling to back away from the food & fluids until it passes. Told me not to force anything and once it passes i was told to sip on fluids again or eat pop cycles an hour after i tried eating something to prevent dehydration.

I was so frustrated with that "stuck" feeling coming so fast, I really didn't want to eat or drink anything. But I knew that would not have been good & I'd end up in the ER. Doc told me to take my time & not to rush my fluids or anything else. She reassured me as time went on, my system would adjust & I'd be able to meet my Fluid & Protein intake. I'm almost 8 mons out & have no problems meeting the required Fluid or protein intake.

I said all of that to say, hang on in there!!!!! It truly will get better. Best of luck to you!!!

If you have that "stuck" feeling constantly then you need to contact your surgeon. It could be a stricture. Between 3-6 weeks is typically when you start experiencing the symptoms of a stricture. I thought mine was normal part of the sleeve healing process, too and it was in fact a stricture. Better to have it checked out ASAP instead of waiting for it to get worse.

I'm sorry, but don't listen to everyone telling you to stick it out and that it's normal. You shouldn't be constantly vomiting your fluids. It will get much worse if you wait. Trust me I spent 2 one week stays in the hospital due to severe dehydration and malnourishment while I had things done to fix the stricture. I really wish I hadn't waited the week and a half that I waited before contacting my surgeon. Call your surgeon!!

U should call ur surgeon....bc I dont kno about vomiting but I kno when I get the stuck feeling im full and I need to stop eating it takes me 2 hours to eat mashed potatoes wit a baby spoon and the whole spoon isnt even full I have to take breaks and everything

My point was advising her to stop when you get that "stuck" feeling. Continuing to drink or eat after that feeling will make you vomit. if she stops, the vomiting should subside. By all means she should consult with her doctor for any medical concerns. However, at this point she also needed words of encouragement from us which is why he reached out. Sharing my experience was only to encourage her to let her know that it WILL get better.

I appreciate everyone's advise went to the hospital no restrictions just pure gas...... my stomach was so gassy the gas had me thinking I was full and I haven't eaten anything..my sister made something for me and its breaking the gas up this is day one.. so lets see how it works out...

Try the Gas x strips! Wonderful help, at 6 months, I still carry one in the purse!

All the best to you! Really feel your pain! First month sucks! I'm told it gets better--I'm still kind of waiting :)