Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beware! woman traveling to TJ

I was raped...someone who chooses to have sex with someone whether it be a position of power or not and gets upset only when that goes sour makes a mockery out of people like me and my situation.

And I was SO close to a happy place with you! Lol she never claimed to be raped. She never even referred to herself as a victim. And stated multiple times that she takes some responsibility in the whole mess as well. No one was making a mockery of rape victims. I'm taking Laura's advice and checking out of this one with you.

Janice, if you haven't left the convo yet, they tried to explain it to you several times before things got nasty, but you kept pushing on a sensitive issue instead of just shrugging and silently "agreeing to disagree".

Laura you are, as ever, the voice of reason.

And it's all true, every word of what Blindsided has said.

Ok, now that the name is out for all to see, can someone PM me a link to his clinic? I can't find anything about this doctor?

I cannot relate to being taken advantage of by someone in a position of power. It could be because I am automatically sceptical and somewhat antagonistic to folks who appear to hold power. That includes teachers, doctors, politicians, you name it. Any sexual advance on me would be only be successful despite their power. It would also get me dissected by my wife. :o

I was raped...someone who chooses to have sex with someone whether it be a position of power or not and gets upset only when that goes sour makes a mockery out of people like me and my situation.

If this happened to you, then I would think you should know what it feels like to be abused.

This man abused his position as an physician.

Just as my best friends high school teacher did with her even though she consented.

It is an abuse.

If you want to continue this conversation I can do that with you via pm.

I don't want another young girl who is not as strong as me, going there and being "groomed" by him ... He has power and knows how to use it ... It's not a good look for the exceptional drs he works with or the company that works very hard at helping us. Aside from the "relations" there is other things he's done that are also very unethical and you would not be happy about ...

I cannot relate to being taken advantage of by someone in a position of power. It could be because I am automatically sceptical and somewhat antagonistic to folks who appear to hold power. That includes teachers, doctors, politicians, you name it. Any sexual advance on me would be only be successful despite their power. It would also get me dissected by my wife. :o

Way to try to defuse the situation :-). Thanks Gman!!

I don't want another young girl who is not as strong as me' date=' going there and being "groomed" by him ... He has power and knows how to use it ... It's not a good look for the exceptional drs he works with or the company that works very hard at helping us. Aside from the "relations" there is other things he's done that are also very unethical and you would not be happy about ...[/quote']

I know that this thread has or will be forwarded to the coordinating company you went through.

But I think it's important for you to contact the surgeon on this matter. It's something he should be aware of so he can be armed with information that can have severe consequences on his practice.

Good luck to you.

Laura

I know that this thread has or will be forwarded to the coordinating company you went through.

But I think it's important for you to contact the surgeon on this matter. It's something he should be aware of so he can be armed with information that can have severe consequences on his practice.

Good luck to you.

Laura

I agree with Laura. You need to speak with the surgeon ASAP. I already have some one private messaging me for information on Dr. Luna. This could quickly have a negative impact on the best surgeon there!! He needs to know so he can begin handling it immediately.

I think his gf is another dr., they work with the same surgeon right?

Maybe is an ex...

I have a request, a comment and question.

First, I respectfully ask that when we talk about the OP's situation, we not try to add credibility to her story by pointing out that she's beautiful. I worry that in situations like this, a woman who is not conventionally attractive will keep quiet for fear that no one will believe her. The truth is, the most skilled predators choose those least likely to cry out for help. And if someone gets off on exploiting power relationships, looks don't always play too big a role.

Second, I want to thank the OP for coming forward, and say I'm sorry for what happened to you.

Third, I want to ask the OP: I'm heading to TJ in three days for surgery with Dr. Garcia. I'm pretty much off men altogether right now, so I feel pretty confident that nobody would be able to take advantage of me. But given the hotel room visits and what you know about one doctor's ethics...if you were me, would you call the surgery off?

Absolutely not! This is why I didn't want him named - I don't want bad publicity for dr Garcia - I love the company I used and the team of other medical people associated... And don't get me wrong , It wasn't that I was "seduced" in the hotel room either.... I want u to go there and have a wonderful start to your new sleeved life! And I think the whole "pretty" thing was because he is very attractive and charming he could certainly pick up in a bar no problem. People were trying to maybe point out that I was still a "pretty" girl so maybe it was more believable at the start when I first posted? But thank u for your support ad you are in good hands w dr G no doubt x