Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the apple shapes?!

I'm definitely an apple (or maybe an upside down pear?)? Much bigger on top than bottom. Carry all my fat in chest and stomach and backfat (ugly). 18 mth ago, I was 9 lbs from goal and I had to wear a shawl with my sleeveless wedding dress cuz of my ugly backfat. That's really discouraging.

Alas, I've gained 30 lbs back over the last 18 mths (band slip) so I'm now that much farther from my goal (it's gone down to 130 now). I'm hoping that dropping my goal a bit (it was 135) will make the backfat dissapear. I went to the plastic surgeon for an estimate on a TT, lip on my neck/chin area, and Lipo on my back. She said it wasn't bad at all and she didn't recommend doing it. My hubby agrees with her.

Anyway, hate being an apple. I'm like a marshmallow being held up with 2 toothpicks...

I already looked weird before my surgery... I was so un-proportioned... But now my body is starting to proportion out a little better... I am still a size 12 or 14 in my waist and probably a 8 or 10 in my legs... But I have found size 13 Jrs clothes fit me well, I just struggle not finding something too low rise...

My husband requests that I wear junior jeans and pants (was in a 7 before my slip 18 mths ago. Now I'm an 11) cuz the ladies sizes make my butt sag (where I lose my weight first). I already have no butt and then they make me look like I'm carrying a load... Yeah, I have problems finding jeans that go up high enuf. Not sure how they wear them all the way down on their hips!

Another apple shape here, which is the most unhealthy body type. Puts you at greater risk for cardiovascular disease, strokes, and metabolic disorders. All my fat is in the middle and my boobies. Lol. I was once told by a cousin I looked like a potato with toothpicks for arms and legs. I also have that noassatall disease. So my pants all have to be big to fit my belly and that makes them way to Baggie in the legs and a**. Have such a hard time finding pants. I am 5'2 an weigh right at 200 lbs. I am STILL pre op. some days it seems like that is taking FOREVER.....anyway I am so ready to get this weight off and be healthy again.

Apple shape here, I have fortunately kept the girls, and my overall roundness has gone waaay down. First pic is about 2 weeks post op. Second pic is at 6 months.

I'm 7 months out.

post-346972-13813141853395_thumb.jpg

Apple here. 6 weeks out and down 30 lbs! Hooray! And hurry the hell up! I have 50 more to lose. Lost in my face and neck first. Then my boobs went. Next the thighs and butt. But the stomach NEVER goes!!!

Apple here...seem like I lose faster everywhere than my stomach. Face, legs, back are more obvious. My waist is slower. Oh well, I'll take any loss.

Shel in Kansas - Sleeved 5/21/13

Apple here.. I have a funny story. I had this thing on my side. This thing was sticking out. I went and showed my husband and he shaked his head.. I went and showed my best friend.. And she was giggling and said jessica thats a hip.. I have never had hips!! So needless to say my shape is becoming more like a pear!! I was so amazed.. And everytime i say something now my friend and husband say.. These hips dont lie!! Great feeling!!

I've seen a few pear posts but no apples. I'm a apple and I'd like to see and know how everyone is liking their bodies post op..

I am an apple- 5' tall. Sleeved on March 11. Surgery wt was 243 and I am now at 290. I have lost at least one cup size - down from 48DD to 44d. I have lost a lot in my hips and legs. I still have a stomach. I have gone from Sz 22 pants to a 16 and a 3x top to an XL.

I am an apple- 5' tall. Sleeved on March 11. Surgery wt was 243 and I am now at 290. I have lost at least one cup size - down from 48DD to 44d. I have lost a lot in my hips and legs. I still have a stomach. I have gone from Sz 22 pants to a 16 and a 3x top to an XL.

I am NOT 290, I am190!!!

Total apple here! Very frustrating to see other less fat body parts shrinking and my big belly still ever present. I have to keep in mind that no matter what I'm healthier than I was and that I'll never have a small tummy... But I will be able to rock cute clothes and live longer!!!

Sleeved- 2/27/13

Highest weight pre-op- 273.5

Current weight- 205.5

post-47682-13813667202741_thumb.jpg

Total apple here! Very frustrating to see other less fat body parts shrinking and my big belly still ever present. I have to keep in mind that no matter what I'm healthier than I was and that I'll never have a small tummy... But I will be able to rock cute clothes and live longer!!!

Sleeved- 2/27/13

Current weight- 205.5

You look GREAT!!!!!! Good job =)

Sleeved- 2/27/13

Current weight- 205.5

Sara- you look awesome & so adorable in that dress/cardigan!!! When you have zoomed past fitting into it will gladly take that outfit off your hands! :0) Sleeve date 8/10/13 yay!

I'm an apple currently, but I'm more naturally a pear when my weight is lower - I always carried the most weight in my hips and thighs. Here's to hopefully becoming a pear again, if I can't miraculously become perfectly proportioned :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

Sara- you look awesome & so adorable in that dress/cardigan!!! When you have zoomed past fitting into it will gladly take that outfit off your hands! :0) Sleeve date 8/10/13 yay!

Thank you! Congrats on your date!!! So exciting;)