Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

regreting this whole thing

It's weird how our bodies lose weight. I'm losing mostly in my lower half. I've always been proportionate but now my biggest fear is happening. Skinny legs with a big belly :/ I still have 50 pounds to lose and I'm starting my workout again today. I'm staying positive that my top half will catch up! I'd rathdr have no curves than what I'm becoming haha! I'm going to do Jillian Michaels workouts too. They are great at shaping the whole body. I've ordered some on Amazon for 10 bucks and a couple at Walmart for 10 too.

I must have very bad pics on this site. People are saying I have a larger midsection than bust and butt..my friends would probably laugh lol. I admit I do have a big belly but my measurements were 50-39-56 now I'm afraid to measure because its probably like 39-39-39 haha

I will stop posting though because everyone seems to think I want attention when in reality I keep being told things that my body shape will stay the same just get smaller and its not so its frustrating

While you have lost some weight, you are still a very good distance from goal. Your body shape will change countless times between now and then. I am over a year out and mine is still changing. At first I was scrawny, now my hips and thighs are filling out a little while my tummy keeps reducing - which means I'm getting my curves back!!!!

I think you're just in a funk - give it some time...

Girl, put ur big girl panties on & dont worry about lil stuff like this. A stall? We been in a stall for as long as we been fat. U worried about the way ur body look after 3weeks? Dont do that 2 urself. When u feel like that please think about me...I started at 526lbs, so imagine what this body is going 2 look like in 6 months 2 a yr....but I DONT CARE!!!!!!! Im going 2 put on a GOOD girdle & my Sunday bra & keep it moving. THIS journey is about being healthy. If u dont like certain things believe me its some doctor somewhere that can fix it...from now on put all ur change left from $20 in a jar & call it my NEW body collection & by the time u lose all that weight, u will be ready 2 fix whatever u like. Think positive about this, u just added YEARS 2 ur life!

From recalling your pre surgery views it seems to me you were determined to regret this surgery before you even had it and I can not work out why you proceeded with it to be honest.

Thing is, you have done it now. There is little point in regret as it is not like you can go back and undo it. You made a choice and now you have to learn to work with the consequences of that choice. Only you can do that and it will involve changing the way you feel about it. Your feelings are your within your power to choose and you can. choose to feel differently about it all.

You don't have to be on these boards for more than a week before hearing all about stalls, especially at 3 weeks. You know this stuff already. What is it you are seeking to achieve by writing this OP? Is it attention you are after? Validation?

I know I seem harsh and I know I am blunt. I don't often notice posters, I more read the content than check to see who is saying it, so recurrent posters don't often stand out for me. But you have and I have to say it isn't in a positive way. I am noticing recurrent posts of negativity and really all of that is going to lead to self sabotage of your sleeve and, basically, a miserable life. Why choose to be miserable when you can choose to be happy?

Of course your clothes don't fit right, you just had bariatric surgery.

Of course your body shape is changing rapidly, you just had bariatric surgery.

Of course you can't eat what you want, you just had bariatric surgery.

Of course exercise feels hard right now, you just had bariatric surgery.

So you look dishevelled? Do something about it. Do your hair, give yourself a mani/pedi and a facial if you can't afford to get one done professionally. Choose not to look dishevelled.

Clothes hang loose? Use a belt, use a scarf, use a needle and cotton, use your head and use google for ideas on how to turn what you have into something that looks good and feels comfortable for little to no cost.

Choices. You have them. And make them knowing that you have to live with the consequences of the choices you make. Just like you now have to live with the consequences of making the choice to have bariatric surgery. You have to live with your decision, Janice, so you may as well chose to live happily.

Very well said...

Gurl you can either build or buy some new curves :) You have had the surgery and there is no going back.Now you have to make the best of the situation because there is no reason not to.I am losing my badunka and my boobs and my plan is Brazillian Buttlift (workout video) and a Breastlift with Augmentation along with Tummy Tuck. I will have the Brazillian Buttlift surgery too if I need it.

You are going to be a healthier you and hopefully this means you will be around for quite some time you might as well BE HAPPY!!!

I want to chime in here. A month or so after surgery, my husband started referring to me as schleppy. I looked it and felt worse because I was in clothes that were only a size too big, and I didn't want to go out and buy some clothes at that point.

Well, I caved and went to Lane Bryant as they had a sale. I bought a shirt and two pants that fit- what a difference it made in my head. The biggest difference was the new bra I bought. I got fitted for the first time in years. It is amazing what a good fitting bra will do to your figure and your spirits. Let's just say the girls weren't the only things that were perky. :P

Do something small for yourself like picking out a bra or something. You will look and feel better. I now do my nails and hair and wear makeup on a regular basis. The "head" part of the losing process I think is the most difficult part. I still fight it as I continue to be in beween sizes.

I will admit I am not totally happy. My bingo wings don't thrill me. My biggest thing- my neck and hands look old. I catch myself staring at my neck and pulling it back so that i don't see the winkles. But you know what- I will live with it and fix it later on if I can. I have lost almost 100lbs and am no longer diabetic. I feel great and it is worth it, and I remind myself of that eveytime I catch myself feeling old or frumpy (in too big clothes).

Look at the bright side: you lost 30 lbs in three weeks! That is amazing. Our body needs time to adjust, I'm only 16days out and my body is starting to look funny too, losing from where I shouldn't and staying the same where i should be losing. I am grateful for this surgery, I do not have to take my blood pressure meds no more and my BP is normal.

I know my clothes are not fitting the way they should be and just like you I don't have money to go and get me new clothes. What I do have on hand is a sewing machine to alter the pieces that are worth altering and going to the Goodwill store to get me some basic items with the money I am saving from my meds!

Hang in there, look for a support group, find the positive in this experience. There is no turning back now so make the best of it. Good luck!

I'm a month out too and I've had regrets, especially at first. I really think that part is somewhat normal. My body didn't feel good yet: I'm tired, have no energy and I really can't eat enough to be healthy yet. And I feel like I'm "melting" - I can't work out yet so my muscles are going. (I had gallbladder surgery at 3 weeks post-op so I'm only 1 week out from that - can't work out yet)

So I get where you are coming from in a way. I did all my research (since October) and have been seeing a counselor since January (really helps), but I don't think anyone is truly prepared for how we will feel in the reality of it. I just want to feel healthy. But I know that it takes time for that.

That being said I'm finally starting to eat real foods so I'm getting more energy and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Staying positive is key and my therapist is wonderful (she specializes in weight issues/bariatric surgery). I know things will get better and I'm focusing on that. I've lost 35 pounds which is amazing but I know that I'm not going to be a supermodel just because I'm losing weight. As I can work out and build muscle, I'll look better and feel better, but I've never been a knock-out and this surgery isn't going to magically make that happen:)

Give it time. Think positive thoughts. Eventually, you will feel better - your body is still doing a lot of healing. I got my hair cut and try to take time for me.

I'm a month out and miserable. I have so many regrets. I just want to enjoy a meal. I've tried everything I get nauseous I choke not a good feeling I was 223 I'm 191 currently surgery was May 22...

I'm a month out and miserable. I have so many regrets. I just want to enjoy a meal. I've tried everything I get nauseous I choke not a good feeling I was 223 I'm 191 currently surgery was May 22...

Have you tried everything for nausea ? I needed a scopalomine patch along with zofran swallowable not the dissolvable and phenergan for a little over 2 months bc I was very nauseous without those 3 things..I am well past that now and still happy I made this choice.

The nausea could be gallbladder. I was doing fine with Water (couldn't eat much) and no nausea until week 3. Then I couldn't even drink - I got so nauseous. It turned out to be my gallbladder. Hate recovering from another surgery at 3 weeks post op but I can eat/drink again no problem. Talk to your doctor - you shouldn't be choking for sure.

Yes I'm on zofran... It's that choking feeling as well... I find myself in tears at times... Wish I was past all this... It's been rough I have complications

Did you having a burning acid sensation in your chest and throat? I sometimes wake up throwing up as well.. I did have a spleen infarct...

Girl, put ur big girl panties on & dont worry about lil stuff like this. A stall? We been in a stall for as long as we been fat. U worried about the way ur body look after 3weeks? Dont do that 2 urself. When u feel like that please think about me...I started at 526lbs, so imagine what this body is going 2 look like in 6 months 2 a yr....but I DONT CARE!!!!!!! Im going 2 put on a GOOD girdle & my Sunday bra & keep it moving. THIS journey is about being healthy. If u dont like certain things believe me its some doctor somewhere that can fix it...from now on put all ur change left from $20 in a jar & call it my NEW body collection & by the time u lose all that weight, u will be ready 2 fix whatever u like. Think positive about this, u just added YEARS 2 ur life!

I think I just fell in love with you! :wub:

BTW, I totally know what you mean about looking sloppy OP. My jeans almost fell down in the hallway at work today! hehe. I just try to remember they're saggy and loose because I'm getting smaller. :)