Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all June 11 sleevers

I'm with you! I'm having the worst time! 6-4 sleeve surgery, I can't stomach the Protein shakes, I gag... And not successful on the Water either... Scary!

I hope someone out there has suggestions for me? I just need recipes for healthy broth, and some way to get protein.... B-12 funny that was never mentioned?

Can I suggest a really yummy Protein drink...Chike! I didn't think I would be successful because I hated all the Protein drinks until I found it. It's very good and no after taste.

Where do you find Chike?

You have to order it off their website. Just google Chike.

I find it very interesting that different docs give different diets. I wonder why u aren't allowed and shakes after the surgery?

I have NO idea. Clear for 2 weeks then full for 2 months. I'm like seriously am I being set up for failure? This is HARD to stick to!!

I was just wondering the same thing? That's the first I heard someone being on Clear Liquids for so long and so long for full liquids? Do you have other health issues also maybe? I would think your body would need the Protein right now to heal...but' date=' I'm not a doctor, so what do I know LOL[/quote']

Nope.. He does it to all his patients. I am scared to death to cheat bc of the stern warnings about letting the staple lines to heal & the dangers of getting food stuck. :(

Wow thats a long time for clear liquids and full liquids..I know I couldnt do it..ive been on full liquids n its hard..try taking seasoned steak with onions n boil it..makes a yummy broth

I was also ever June 11. I've had a hard time getting my Protein in. The Water hasn't been too bad- but yesterday was the first day to reach 60 oz. I've done broth- which I'm sick of- and Popsicles for the most part. I can't stand the jello- it's still too sweet for me. I've been trying really hard not to sleep all day since I'm going back to work on Monday. I've been trying to do stuff around the house like cleaning and doing laundry and dishes. I finally haven't had any pain pills in 15 hours and I was taking them every 4. The pain pills tend to make me drowsy and sleepy and I don't get to see my son enough, so I'm trying not to take them. Good luck with everything!!!

I was also ever June 11. I've had a hard time getting my Protein in. The Water hasn't been too bad- but yesterday was the first day to reach 60 oz. I've done broth- which I'm sick of- and Popsicles for the most part. I can't stand the jello- it's still too sweet for me. I've been trying really hard not to sleep all day since I'm going back to work on Monday. I've been trying to do stuff around the house like cleaning and doing laundry and dishes. I finally haven't had any pain pills in 15 hours and I was taking them every 4. The pain pills tend to make me drowsy and sleepy and I don't get to see my son enough' date=' so I'm trying not to take them. Good luck with everything!!![/quote']

I discovered Yoplait light Greek yogurt frozen popsicles today. Under 15 grams of sugar and good. I also treated myself to lobster bisque. One week post - opp appt today. Down 14 lbs and all looks good. Start stage 4 next week. Never thought I would be yearning for tuna salad so bad.

I discovered Yoplait light Greek yogurt frozen popsicles today. Under 15 grams of sugar and good. I also treated myself to lobster bisque. One week post - opp appt today. Down 14 lbs and all looks good. Start stage 4 next week. Never thought I would be yearning for tuna salad so bad.

I need to try Greek yogurt. I haven't gotten into it yet. But those definitely sound good. My problem is I'm not a fan of seafood, so lobster bisque and tuna salad don't sound good to me. However, I'm excited to eat tortilla shells next week and American cheese.. I think that'll be my lunch when I go back to work Monday. Ha. Good luck to you!!!

I'm with you! I'm having the worst time! 6-4 sleeve surgery' date=' I can't stomach the Protein shakes, I gag... And not successful on the Water either... Scary!

I hope someone out there has suggestions for me? I just need recipes for healthy broth, and some way to get protein.... B-12 funny that was never mentioned?[/quote']

I still cannot drink Water straight -- my stomach hates it but if I cut it with G2 or Mio it's okay. I also couldn't drink Protein Shakes straight so I started cutting them with skim milk to add some Protein and make it taste more like chocolate milk than a super sweet Protein shake. If you can handle milk, you can also mix that with powdered milk to get more protein in or unflavored Protein powder.

Happy 2 week post op anniversary. I can't believe how easy things have been. I'm not losing as quickly as I thought I would, but I think that's better so it's not so recognizable when I return to work. I do still get hungry, but not that often and it's not that, 'omg I'm starving' sensation that used to happen. Also, if I don't have a shake near by Water will take care of the hunger. I started adding unflavored whey Protein to my shakes to boost my protein and now I'm getting 90+ grams a day! Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm three weeks post...was doing great on clear and full liquids....started puréed food and stalled..... Can't lose a thing

Happy 2 week post op anniversary. I can't believe how easy things have been. I'm not losing as quickly as I thought I would' date=' but I think that's better so it's not so recognizable when I return to work. I do still get hungry, but not that often and it's not that, 'omg I'm starving' sensation that used to happen. Also, if I don't have a shake near by Water will take care of the hunger. I started adding unflavored whey Protein to my shakes to boost my Protein and now I'm getting 90+ grams a day! Hope everyone is doing well.[/quote']

Happy 2week! I'm there too. I've had little issue, but still working to get my 80+ protein in. Water has been no problem though. Good luck in the future! Lets keep rocking it!

I've been eating some different things. Had turkey and chicken AND Pasta. I made Protein enriched ronzoni penne with health smart prego and it's fantastic! Full after 2ozs of meat and 1/2 cup of the pasta...very strange to feel that full with so little!