Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 5:2 diet

Ha! Yep' date=' always a "pig" in the mix! Just kidding.[/quote']

Ha! Sorry folks, no harm intended at all. How about guinea gilt or sow (the female varieties that do not sound as bad)? Lol.

Ha! Sorry folks' date=' no harm intended at all. How about guinea gilt or sow (the female varieties that do not sound as bad)? Lol.[/quote']

Oh yeah SOW sounds wonderful...

Andy, get out while your behind :P

Did my fast day today and it has gone really well... felt in control all day and not hungry! I like this feeling, long may it last. Lost 4 of the 6 Spanish pounds - defo poop and water!

I've also been really vigilant with my Water today - we are actually having some hot weather here in the UK and this has made me more aware of what I am drinking... all good I say!

Now to get those other pesky 2 Spanish pounds gone and down to my all time low...

Well done coops for getting it all under control again. I have lost the plot a bit as M I L ( who lives local) has been in and out of hospital for the past 10 days and it has caused a bit of stress. Unfortunately I am an emotional eater. I also claimed my previous 4lb total too early as I was so excited at seeing the lowest number on the scale and I should have waited a couple of days to see if it was real loss. It is now 2lb total and I have a fast day tomorrow. It will be interesting as S I L is staying and she does not know about the op.

Also wanted to ask you if you wanted to meet up for a coffee 1 day, we could both travel half way and meet in the middle. I have not spoken in person to another person who has had the op since I had mine, spoke on forums etc but it is not quite the same. I am in education to and we have a nice long holiday coming up.

I am really hoping this 5:20 plan is going to work for me. The fact that I turned 60 this year, and that I have a man in my life, makes things so different than when I had WLS 7 years ago.

It was so much easier when I didn't have anyone eating around me, and didn't have those temptations in the house. Having someone in the house who can eat whatever they want and not gain weight is extremely difficult.

Truthfully, I had WLS so that I could have a man in my life. So I guess I should not complain that he tempts me, lol.

I like that I am forced to not eat after 12 hours. That is my biggest problem, snacking at night. Fasting has gone really well so far today and it's been really good for me to be so aware of every bite I put into my mouth.

Does anyone think that the 5:2 plan should be a group? I can't remember how the groups work, but I thought you had to join the group to post.

Oregon are you on for tomorrow? I feel like I'm the only one left doing Tuesday.

And yes the night time snacking is the hardest to stop I'm looking at the clock thinking ok less than an hour to go..

Oh I just re read you did it today.

I guess I am alone!!

Oregon are you on for tomorrow? I feel like I'm the only one left doing Tuesday.

And yes the night time snacking is the hardest to stop I'm looking at the clock thinking ok less than an hour to go..

Oh I just re read you did it today.

I guess I am alone!!

I do Tuesday and Thursday except I did today because I have 3 year appt tomorrow morning. :)

I do Tuesday and Thursday except I did today because I have 3 year appt tomorrow morning. :)

Let us know how the appt goes tomorrow!

I did it today to see what the difference is on a work day. Plus I ate so badly yesterday that I really wanted to get back on track quickly.

It really makes me mad that I can't wear a lot of my summer clothes. All of a sudden, I have this spare tire around my middle and all of my tops are too small. It doesn't make sense to me, because I'm not up that much from last summer.

I got a book for .50 written by Dr. Oz at the library today. it's a cool book and it explains all about hormones and weight gain. It's not just the women hormones. There are all sorts of other hormones, like the hunger hormone and the satisfaction hormone.

Well hopefully we all sync up again.

Wow I'm having a hard time tonight! My mouth is actually watering because I want to eat so bad!

0_o

Sometimes I hate putting that kind of stuff out there for all to see.

Think I need to just go to bed.

Edit, I blew it and ate a Fiber One Bar.< /p>

food 1 Laura 0

Laura I am on tuesday and thursday, so you are not alone. I will check in with you tomorrow to see how it is going.

You know, I had a hard time yesterday, too! It certainly wasn't helped by my stepkids. See, their mom is very easy to manipulate. If the kids want a late night fast food run or a crazy dessert, they just mention it to their mom a few times and she'll start to think that she can't live without that Taco Bell or cheesecake. Then they all overindulge and eat too much but the kids are happy.

My stepson was trying his hardest last night and by the end of the night it was making me crazy. Knowing full well I wasn't hungry but feeling like I'd die if I didn't eat something. I was higher on my fast calories than I prefer, too. I woke up in the wrong mindset yesterday and it wasn't an easy day from the start.

But, I'm through it and today is a new day. I'm down again on the scale but I'll wait until tomorrow to see if it's for real. Today is a regular day for me and wouldn't you know - as soon as it's not a fast day I'm okay with not eating? It's a mental game, I swear. Here it is nearly ten am and I've had my cup of coffee and nothing else. I need to drag myself into the kitchen for some food.< /p>

Hang in there, Laura. We'll see how your Tuesday goes! Good luck!

I'd like to know what book you found, oregondaisy - maybe I can rent a copy from my library.

~Cheri

I was extra hungry yesterday too. Broke down and had a cheese stick and spoon of Peanut Butter. Not bad, but still over the 500 by 100. Still lost 1 1/2.

Today was actually I good day for me as far as my fast day goes. I actually only ate about 400 calories. I am usually low after supper but I will eat something to make up the difference. Last night I really didn't feel like much, so I just ate a cup of cherries which as just over 50 calories when I had 142 calories to go to 500.

I sure woke up hungry this morning though. I always like how I feel after a fast day, a lot less bloated in my belly. I was down 3 lbs this morning, but I am not holding my breath that it will stick as I seem to bounce around a lot. But hopefully over the next couple of weeks during my "prime" losing time, I can shed a couple of pounds.

Good luck to all you Tuesday fasters!