Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 5:2 diet

Oh, and Laura. my hormone surge is actually around ovulation - two weeks out from my actual period. I just want to eat and eat and eat.

I go up on the scale around my cycle but my eating is under control after the first day, usually.

~Cheri

Oh' date=' and Laura. my hormone surge is actually around ovulation - two weeks out from my actual period. I just want to eat and eat and eat.

I go up on the scale around my cycle but my eating is under control after the first day, usually.

~Cheri[/quote']

Well let's hope that's what it is!

All I know is at the mention of your homemade cinnamon raisin bread my mouth watered! :P

Cheri,

I wish it were hormones! I don't know I had my period two weeks ago... So who knows?

The group thing? It might be good. I've not been in a private group yet so I'm not sure of all the in and outs of it?

I am like Cheri as well, so it could be! I have always gotten in only about a good 2 weeks for weight loss, then ovulation strikes and my weight goes up a little for a week or so, then down for a couple of days, and then it starts to jump back up when my period is approaching...yay for me! Ovulation time I usually go up 1-2 pounds, during my period, it is more like 2-4 pounds.

I am like Cheri as well' date=' so it could be! I have always gotten in only about a good 2 weeks for weight loss, then ovulation strikes and my weight goes up a little for a week or so, then down for a couple of days, and then it starts to jump back up when my period is approaching...yay for me! Ovulation time I usually go up 1-2 pounds, during my period, it is more like 2-4 pounds.[/quote']

Yep that's me only a week or two of weight loss a month!

Have a good day ladies ill check in later.

I just found out I might have to take a bunch of boys to the movies this morning!! popcorn >.<

MFP is always wagging its naggy little finger at me that I'm not eating enough and I'm going to go into starvation mode. Meanwhile it's promising that I'll be super svelte within the next month. LIES ALL LIES. So no, I much prefer to believe the undoubtedly conservative figures provided by my dour swiss workout machines, which are far lower than MFP's... LOL

Today's a normal eating day. And by normal I mean I've had two GIANT pieces of flourless chocolate cake. Amongst other things. Oy shoot me...

Checking in, fast day here as well. Im down 4 of the 6 lb Water gain from sunday. I sure wish it would rain here lol. It has been so hot. As for the group thing that would be great. Lets get this day started my fasting friends :-)

Hey for all those interested I made the 3 ingredient cobbler last night for my small group meeting. It was AWESOME! My hubs has type 2 diabetes so I used SF yellow cake mix.

Ingredients- box cake mix, 2 bags 16oz frozen fruit ( I used GV berry medley) and can diet lemon lime (sprite, seven up whatever u have!! Including diet coke or a fizzy water). Spray bott of 13x9 pan, pour fruit in, sprinkle cake mix on top completely, pour can over all mix. DON'T MIX. Bake 350 20 moms or so covered w foil. Last 10-15 uncover. I actually turned on broiler for a coue at end to get a little more brown and sprinkles a little truvia baking blend over top. It was awesome. Served about 14. A serving would have about 125 cals.

OMG, posted and THEN remembered those fasting. Lol. Sorry! :)

I'm fasting today. I am excited to fast. This new way of eating has gotten rid of my grazing and my snacking at night.

I'll have to pm alex and find out if there is any advantage to being in a group rather than this thread.

Hey for all those interested I made the 3 ingredient cobbler last night for my small group meeting. It was AWESOME! My hubs has type 2 diabetes so I used SF yellow cake mix.< p>Ingredients- box cake mix' date=' 2 bags 16oz frozen fruit ( I used GV berry medley) and can diet lemon lime (sprite, seven up whatever u have!! Including diet coke or a fizzy water). Spray bott of 13x9 pan, pour fruit in, sprinkle cake mix on top completely, pour can over all mix. DON'T MIX. Bake 350 20 moms or so covered w foil. Last 10-15 uncover. I actually turned on broiler for a coue at end to get a little more brown and sprinkles a little truvia baking blend over top. It was awesome. Served about 14. A serving would have about 125 cals.[/quote']

Sounds sooo good. Tell myself stay away from the food post only will make me hungry lol. I will try this recipe for a special occasion.

I'm fasting too today. I woke up, forgot I'm fasting, lalalatrala....OOPS!! Ok, luckily I hadn't eaten anything yet. Protein Decaf coffee for b and L, then a big bowl of Mex flavored tomato/veggie/ground fake meat/fresh corn Soup for dinner. DREAMING of the minute I get to eat it!

Almost 2pm and I just had my first meal. A little late because I was out. It's so easy to lose time when your out, so it made the morning bearable

Had a Greek yogurt with blackberries fresh picked from my friends house, yum :)

I've done pretty well so far fasting. I was a little bit hungrier than I was the last time it was fast day.

I don't know what to do about medicine. I don't want to start eating at least until noon, but I have medicine I am supposed to take in the morning with food. I took it with a string cheese cause I could not think of anything with less calories.

I started a group. It's private. It will show up in groups, but you have to be invited to join. I invited everyone who has been posting in the thread. If I missed anyone, Let me know so I can add them.

This way we won't get any newbies who are losing slowly but are under a year post op and should be trying to eat according to their surgeon's instructions.

I've done pretty well so far fasting. I was a little bit hungrier than I was the last time it was fast day.

I don't know what to do about medicine. I don't want to start eating at least until noon' date=' but I have medicine I am supposed to take in the morning with food. I took it with a string cheese cause I could not think of anything with less calories.

I started a group. It's private. It will show up in groups, but you have to be invited to join. I invited everyone who has been posting in the thread. If I missed anyone, Let me know so I can add them.

This way we won't get any newbies who are losing slowly but are under a year post op and should be trying to eat according to their surgeon's instructions.[/quote']

If you have to take medicine most definitely still do! If you don't have food after 7 the night before it still makes for good fasting period (12 hours) if you eat a bit of cheese after 7 am

Oh and I clicked to join! But I'm not sure what to do now :P