Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everybody- anyone else having trouble with taking pills? I can NOT get my Zoloft to go down comfortably. I am breaking them in half but my sleeve is NOT a fan at all. I took a few days off to see if it would improve, but just spent 10 minutes dry heaving. Sorry about TMI..

Help! I need my meds...

I'm 17 days post op

Have you tried crushing and mixing with a spoonful of sugar free pudding? I took pills this way for about a month.

My doc considered SF pudding /jello a "full liquid"

Good luck I hope it helps.

Is Zoloft available in liquid form? If so you could ask your doctor about a liquid proscription. If not, perhaps you can slice your pill in half to make them smaller to swallow. I hope it gets easier for you as your sleeve heals more.

It is interesting that a doctor would say no pills for month. I remember it being kind of difficult to take pills for a couple weeks, but did start 2-3 again on pills days after surgery. Today (11 months), I am taking pills of all sizes. I agree pudding or yogurt will help you with getting those pills down until you are fully healed.

I've already cut them in half, and pharmacist said not alternative form...

Ill check about crushing tomorrow- finding mixed answers online about it..

It is interesting that a doctor would say no pills for month. I remember it being kind of difficult to take pills for a couple weeks' date=' but did start 2-3 again on pills days after surgery. Today (11 months), I am taking pills of all sizes. I agree pudding or yogurt will help you with getting those pills down until you are fully healed.[/quote']

I am only two weeks out and haven't had my first followup yet but in his instructions he said all medication and Vitamins must be in liquid or chewable form. ..I assumed this was for quite some time.

I can only speak for myself, but my psychiatrist said it would be ok for me to crush my Zoloft.

I had to crush pills for a month. I had a real hard time as some were real bitter. My surgeon had me check with the pharmacy if it was ok to crush the pills as some pills Should not be crushed.

My mom only needs a little bit of prosaic and her pharmacist told her to crush it up and dissolve it in grape juice. Than she took a spoon full a day. Don't know why you could dissolve it like that but take the whole amount.

Another idea is to call a compounding pharmacy, they can do a lot of things to help.

I take 50mg of zoloft day and was just about to post a question about it. My surgery is 6/25. My pills are about the size of an immodium (I've seen other larger forms that were the same dosage). Is that the same size you have? I was hoping cutting them in half would work. There is no way you can just stop an antidepressant/anti anxiety med for a month, so there has got to be a way to make it work.

I take 100 mg of Zoloft a day and my personal psych said that it would be ok to crush them and mix it with a small amount of liquid such as 2-3 oz or a large medicine cup that way it is the same as taking the pills at once. I was very worried about this pre-op and almost didn't go thru with the sleeve until I got the ok to do this.

If anyone could help it would be great. I just got out of the hospital yesterday and a little while ago around 4 am I could stand the back pain and got up and swallowed a Tylenol whole. I didn't mean to I was half asleep. I don't feel anything but I'm scared because the reason I was at the hospital is because the area where my esophagus and sleeve meet is so tight it wouldn't let things down easy. I'm scared It might hurt or kill me or something. I was sleeves on may 20th. Do you guys think ill be ok??

How far out are you? And no I don't think a Tylenol will kill you. It will dissolve.