Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone feel amazing post op?

I never really talk about it because I know not everyone is the same, but I really did have quite an amazing recovery. With the exception of about 5 weeks where I was pretty sick I have had no complications. No leaks. No tears. No stretching. I am so blessed, truly.

Thank you. I've had 2 csections. I'm totally ok with pain. It's the nausea/vomiting I'm nervous about. My surgeon laughed at me because I'm not even nervous about the surgery itself, just the way ill feel when I wake up!

I am a 2 time c-section vet as well and being sleeved was so much easier for me!

I had surgery May 23rd. Was off pain meds and discharged the next day. I only slept in the recliner for 2 nights and took some tylenol for the gas pains in my shoulder. I slept in my bed on my belly after that with no pain. I walked about a mile per day for the first week, was back to driving and work after 5 days and was back to working out after a week. I went to a concert after 8 days and danced and jumped around like everyone else, just drank Water instead of beer. I am now 12 days out and am feeling great! Only restriction I currently have is no swimming or baths.

Thanks! I'm soooo scared of post op nausea lol. But I told my surgeon and he's going to give me nausea meds before and after.

Not everyone has nausea post op. I didn't have any issues like that.

I had surgery May 23rd. Was off pain meds and discharged the next day. I only slept in the recliner for 2 nights and took some tylenol for the gas pains in my shoulder. I slept in my bed on my belly after that with no pain. I walked about a mile per day for the first week' date=' was back to driving and work after 5 days and was back to working out after a week. I went to a concert after 8 days and danced and jumped around like everyone else, just drank Water instead of beer. I am now 12 days out and am feeling great! Only restriction I currently have is no swimming or baths.[/quote']

Thank you :)

I'm two weeks post op and have an amazingly easy recovery thus far. No nausea or vomiting since day two. Have been able to use my elliptical since day three (sprained my ankle the week before surgery so hurt less than walking). Hubby says I'm more energic than before surgery. No food issues, but I do have restriction. Surgeon's office actually cleared me to have eggs/deli meat a few days early. My incision sites are a bit sore, but not bad at all (ankle gives me far more trouble). Could sleep on my side from day two. Only issue was a slight reaction to the tape the used for bandaging after the removed my staples (which was no big deal). Took off those bandage and put a little antibacterial ointment on the sites of the reactions and those are healing nicely.

Shel - Olathe, KS

My recovering had been pretty easy. One night in the hospital. Went home on no pain meds. First couple days at home I needed a nausea med but my pain was not extreme. Now I am 6 days post opt and feeling great. Headed back to work in 2 days. It helped to get outside, walk, and get fresh air.

I really feel I did. The first couple of days were rough due to the NG tube but other than that, I've been able to drink and now eat puréed food with no problem. I was walking within hours and I was under for 4 hrs due to scar tissue.

Mine has been so so easy. Surgery thursday. Released from hosp on Sunday. No pain meds after Saturday and back at work on Monday ( desk job). Almost three weeks out. On soft foods already. Twenty pounds down in first two weeks. Stalled right now.

Sleeved on Wednesday the 29th. I feel great, just a little sore. No nausea, no throwing up, nothing. Been off pain meds for a while. Been walking, shopping, doing laundry, dishes, etc. Keep moving; I think that is the key! good luck!

I really feel I did. The first couple of days were rough due to the NG tube but other than that' date=' I've been able to drink and now eat puréed food with no problem. I was walking within hours and I was under for 4 hrs due to scar tissue.[/quote']

What's a NG tube?

I had an amazing post-op experience. (Laura .. Stay outta this :P)

I woke up as if I had a good nap and absolutely no side effects. Requested no meds and I was walking right away. Slept on my sides in a bed from day one and swallowed my meds when needed. Stayed the required 2nights and left to spend the next few days vacationing in MX and S Califonia. Could have gone back to work right away, but I already took the 3 weeks off plus it was Christmas time so I played around. Didn't go skiing, but only because I thought that was pushing my luck. Some have a great experience and some don't.

What's a NG tube?

NG= A nasogastric tube is used for feeding and administering drugs and other oral things. These are rarely used and I'm not even sure why they would be. Don't worry ;)

My recovery was so easy I was shocked. I did sleep for 2 straight days and Water was hard to drink the first 3-4 days but a very little to no pain and never had gas pain. I was about and about on day 5 and walking a mile on the treadmill day 7 and have not stopped moving since! I think the 2 week liquid diet and a positive attitude makes a huge difference in recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using VST