Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeved May 1st! It's been five weeks..slow loser :-(

Hi there.

I'm exactly 5 weeks post-op today yaaay! I had a very difficult first 2-3 weeks healing process but at 4 weeks I started to feel much better and now I feel pretty good. Im 5'2" and started my journey at 248 lbs on April 1st. I lost 10 lbs during the pre-op diet period and I was sleeved on May 1st. By June 1st I had lost 11 more lbs. I have lost a total of 21 lbs in two months. I can't say I'm not disappointed especially reading how so many people are losing so so so much faster :-( I try to remain positive and keep in mind that I'm losing and not gaining! Unfortunately Ive become hungry..not head hunger which I was prepared for tnx to this forum..but real hunger! I can eat quite a lot..a lot more than I expected or wanted in fact =-O I haven't tried to push the limit and get as full as I can. I follow the Protein first, no Water 15 mins before and 30 mins after rules. I'm still figuring it out i guess.

I'm going to see my surgeon and have my follow up tomorrow and with my nutritionist on Thursday. Hopefully they will shed some light and help me get on a faster roll :-) tnx to everyone who has given advice and good luck to all of us!

I am a slow loser as well, I have been stalled for about two months -- my surgery was in January. April and May were a bust for me. I know now that my sleeve is a tool not a fix. I will have to watch my calories and not worry about content or quantity. If it has calories you have to count it whether is liquid or solid. That has been my lesson.

I think you are doing well! I am six weeks out later this week and the same height as you, started at 207 with 2 official comorbidities (and high blood pressure/cholestrol coming over the horizon). I have lost 25lbs, with around 40 to go.

It's not as much as others sleeved the same day as me, but I am not thinking of this as slow weight loss because I am now one comorbidity down and a second much reduced, with BP down and normal cholesterol. :-) I am also losing inches and am down 3-4 sizes in clothes.

I am trying to keep it all in perspective - this isn't a quick solution, I signed up for the long haul and know I have to be patient...

I am pleased you are feeling better and that things are improving. Hope the doc /

nutrionist can help with the hunger! x

How many calories are you taking in? Protein?

I was sleeved May 13 still on soft foods for another week.

I'm not getting more than 60-70g of Protein. And somedays I've eaten as little 600 calories. But lots of 900 calorie days also. Once I hit 1000 (I had a little ice cream)

I don't know that I have specific calorie guidelines from Nut and Dr, just said "you'll know when to stop" I have example meal plan which shows what I might have for Breakfast lunch and dinner. (1-2 oz flaky fish, 1/2 c soft vegetable etc.)

At my 1 wk post op, was told 80-90g protein for healing... Never got in that much so just curious what you guys are/were getting in at 3 weeks out.

P.S.

I lost about 10# on pre op diet and 17 post op. I wish it was more. I've lost 38# total since first of year which I'm proud of...but feel this fat should be melting away. Plus....I'm hungry more than I expected. Full on Belly growling hunger.

Ok. My whining us done. =-)

Thank you indigo for being so positive and reminding me of why I initially decided to have this surgery!! I'm going to see the surgeon and my nutritionist this week and they'll be drawing some blood. I have high blood pressure , hypothesis, diabetes and five herniated discs and I'm only 39 :-( hopefully some of my health issues will be better :-) even if I consider my 21 lbs slow it's still a great thing :-) so thank you again!

For pammers, at five weeks out now I'm still having a heck of a time trying to get 60g of Protein a day :-( I started freaking out a little so at the end of the day if I'm really low I have a muscle milk or yucky Protein Bar to compensate. Most days I'm consuming between 800-1050 calories which I'd on the high end compared to others on this forum..also I can eat..a lot again compared to other posters. I wish I wish lol..but we are still learning. Good luck..it'll get better I'm sure off it!