Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tired of being lectured on here

That was one of them that I backed off on. :) You do need to expect threads to go off topic. It happens and you can't control it.

Personally' date=' I was surprised to read that you hadn't already tried to gulp (or had done so in error out of habit) when you came back and said your nurse said to go for it. I know that I am a HUGE gulper because I do work out daily and I can't tell you how many times I've put down a few huge swallows before realizing what I had done and had to sprint to the bathroom. It was my assumption (and you know what they say about those) that you had already done that. :D

Glad to hear that you got some liquids in. I know that's my biggest aggravation in this process. I love Water. I love ice cold Water and I love being able to chug a bottle in seconds. I get very claustrophobic and irritated when I am thirsty and am limited to sips so I felt your pain.

As for your original question? I couldn't care less about "lecturers". I am 41 years old and while I love the advice and support from most people, those who chose to post in a condescending manner make me giggle because bottom line is, they are nothing but a name on a computer screen in my world.[/quote']

I did gulp after that and I actually have no pain.. I must have a sleeve of steel as they say. I should start to look at it like you and not care about the condescending remarks

I did gulp after that and I actually have no pain.. I must have a sleeve of steel as they say. I should start to look at it like you and not care about the condescending remarks

You definitely have to have thick skin around here. But most really do not mean anything by it. And it is sooooo extremely hard to read the true context of someone's post. Just take the good out of what is posted and if it turns preachy or mean let the thread die or unsubscribe. But again I say and men it!!! Most on here do not mean do be condescending. We are all here for the same thing. Support....

I am SO totally jealous!!!! I try once a day to get in a big mouthful and it's pretty ugly. ARGH! I think I still have a lot of swelling because anything thicker than a really soft scrambled egg (really soft, like almost runny), gets stuck. Burps are hard work with a lot of coughing and retching, too.

I can't tell you how to feel, but I can point out how unimportant it is to care about a random voice on the the interwebz... I know that there are tons of great people here and so much good advice, but there are also people who don't think when they post as well as those who have no clue about how they come across. :D

The last thing my NUT said to me before leaving the hospital after my surgery was "I truly believe that there are people out there with obesity issues that don't stem solely from overeating". She watched my food log for 3 months. She also watched me gain 5 pounds instead of lose. Only time I lost weight was on the preop diet of 900 calories. I do better with complete restriction. But, people do have medical issues, and your GENES play a huge role. How many people on here can say that they are the only big person in their family?? Between how you were raised to good ole genes, it just runs in families. My dad has severe weight issues, I have weight issues. My siblings have none. It feels unfair somedays.

Lectures?? Not here but if someone is suggesting something stupid or dangerous?

I like to point out for the masses here, some which are in the research phase of their journey,

"Hey that's not sound advice" because you get some crazy stuff being said around here everyday!

My stepfather used to lecture me to no avail about the world shattering effect of leaving the cap off of the toothpaste.

My teachers droned on and on in Charlie Brown's teacher quacking while my mind visited teenage playlands.

I have been married for over 40 years and have an effective female frequency filter that I can kick on at my whim.

The easiest yet are internet forums: one click turn-offs.

Ignoring lectures are my specialty.

I am SO totally jealous!!!! I try once a day to get in a big mouthful and it's pretty ugly. ARGH! I think I still have a lot of swelling because anything thicker than a really soft scrambled egg (really soft' date=' like almost runny), gets stuck. Burps are hard work with a lot of coughing and retching, too.

I can't tell you how to feel, but I can point out how unimportant it is to care about a random voice on the the interwebz... I know that there are tons of great people here and so much good advice, but there are also people who don't think when they post as well as those who have no clue about how they come across. :D[/quote']

I haven't tried any food yet...I am only 11 days post op and get to add eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt and canned veggies in 3 days! So excited! ! Lol I am sick of the Protein drink (tastes too sweet) so I bought unflavored Protein to add to my liquids instead.

I was able to have yogurt and pudding during my liquids phase along with creamed Soup. eggs are DELICIOUS but they didn't go down so well with cheese. My best advice? Don't plan too much because your "steel sleeve" may just turn to butter when you try something new. I'm not a big sweet eater, either. I found that adding NF dried milk to my shakes toned down the sweet a LOT and made them much more tolerable.

I was able to have yogurt and pudding during my liquids phase along with creamed Soup. eggs are DELICIOUS but they didn't go down so well with cheese. My best advice? Don't plan too much because your "steel sleeve" may just turn to butter when you try something new. I'm not a big sweet eater' date=' either. I found that adding NF dried milk to my shakes toned down the sweet a LOT and made them much more tolerable.[/quote']

I used to have such a sweet tooth...and recently id eat fruit to ease it. Now even one tiny squirt of mio is too much...how long does it take for this taste change thing go away? I was told it was temporary. I may try that dried milk...thanks. oh and I know, I'm knocking on wood with the Water thing lol I hope things stay good but you never know.

I used to have such a sweet tooth...and recently id eat fruit to ease it. Now even one tiny squirt of mio is too much...how long does it take for this taste change thing go away? I was told it was temporary. I may try that dried milk...thanks. oh and I know, I'm knocking on wood with the Water thing lol I hope things stay good but you never know.

I am a year and a half out and can eat sweets but I don't really like them. At first they gagged me. I used to be a spicy food nut, that's gone now. My main cravings are high Protein things, steak, eggs, whey powder, etc. I sometimes get a craving for salads. Superfood green drinks are my delight, the bestest way to start the day.

This thread is such a good example of so many things.

Mainly that the sender has no control over how the receiver interprets the message and that everybody's perception of reality is seen through their own eyes and everyone has a different degree of visual acuity.

OP - I wish you positivity, health, and happiness. And if you already have it - I hope it continues.

My cousin told me she was looking into getting surgery but that she eats very little. I've heard her over the years say that she only eats once a day and she doesn't know why she is so big. I would guess her at 400 lbs or more. I told her since she doesn't eat much and the goal of surgery is so we can't over eat then maybe she needs to speak to her doctor and see if she has a medical condition causing her to be heavy since eating to much isn't her problem. I know why I was so heavy. I ate and ate and then ate some more. I'm glad I knew why I was heavy so I could find a solution unlike my cousin who has no idea what her weight problem is from.

If you feel like everyone is lecturing here, as stated in your starting post, then do you want feedback from people? The beginning statement makes me want to walk on eggshells and isn't very inviting. The first page posts are all people soft shoeing it to make sure not to offend you..... Just curious and somewhat confused. :(

If you feel like everyone is lecturing here' date=' as stated in your starting post, then do you want feedback from people? The beginning statement makes me want to walk on eggshells and isn't very inviting. The first page posts are all people soft shoeing it to make sure not to offend you..... Just curious and somewhat confused. :( [/quote']

Where did i say i wanted feedback in this post? I wrote this post to rant (not every post is a question)...if u read my 2nd post it asks if anyone else feels the same way what were they lectured on? I hate when people say they are confused...you are not confused. No one soft shoed anything. .they asked me questions as to why I am overweight if I didn't eat a lot, I answered their questions and answerer some more. No one offended me in this post, its questions I get a lot because frankly I had the same questions.

Where did i say i wanted feedback in this post? I wrote this post to rant (not every post is a question)...if u read my 2nd post it asks if anyone else feels the same way what were they lectured on? I hate when people say they are confused...you are not confused. No one soft shoed anything. .they asked me questions as to why I am overweight if I didn't eat a lot' date=' I answered their questions and answerer some more. No one offended me in this post, its questions I get a lot because frankly I had the same questions.[/quote']

Girl when do you start you next stage of food??

:D