Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tired of being lectured on here

Because when I tried less than 1200 calories and going to the gym I was constantly hungry. I did lose 8lbs in a week when i was at 1000 calories per day but i didnt like being hungry since i eat when im hungry...So I figured this would be my tool to not be hungry with less and when I get to the maintenance stage I will be back at my 1200 (1400 when I went out) maintaining lifestyle and all will be well.

I can relate. It sadly runs in my family too. I was and still am very active. Played all sports all my life. I got pregnant with my twins in 2001 and that was the end of fit for me. I was never able to eat more than 800 calories a day and even then I'd end up sick. So the question is why get the sleeve which obviously helps you eat less? Well because my doctor suggested looking into it since heart disease runs in my family too. I met with my surgeon who explained in great detail how this would benefit ME even though over eating hasn't been my issue. I was skeptical but I trusted. Here I am on the ride and very happy with my decision. Let people judge, question, and lecture hun. You are on your own journey to your happiness. Some people won't understand and that's ok, they don't have to. It will not change your life if they don't. I love the support and it helps us all but I do not let negativity in at all. Good luck beautiful!!! I'm here if you ever need to talk!!!

And I might also add' date=' that even when I was eating healthy ( Vegan for over a year) I still could never get under 190 pounds. I think there are a lot of factors when is comes to weight. OBESITY IS NOT A ONE SIZE FITS ALL. It is possible for two people to eat the same exact portions and food and one be heavier than the other.[/quote']

You are so right! I am still pre op trying to lose my 10%..my hubby who does not have a issue with weight but to be supportive is trying to eat better most days he out eats me and our activity is the same..we weigh in once a week I might lose .5 to 1lb him 3 or 4lbs, we are just different and I try not to let this bother me lol

I have no problem with feedback but people were saying I posed a question which I obviously did not.

out of all the posts made since you last posted... this is the one you chose to reply to first. interesting.

^no questions, all statements and observations.

smdh.

out of all the posts made since you last posted... this is the one you chose to reply to first. interesting.

^no questions' date=' all statements and observations.

smdh.[/quote']

Oh yeah because it was oh so important to respond to posts about vitamuffins...how about you mind your own business what I choose to respond to and stop shaking your damn head at people you dont know. But if you need to know this post seemed to be the only one worth responding to because I wanted to state my own side.

you have had the surgery, YOU have to do what is RIGHT FOR YOU!... everyone is differant. I know people that had the surgery, came home and ate dumplings............ Is that right for ME,........HELL NO...... they are the ones that have to live with THEIR choices!!!.......... you CHOOSE what is RIGHT FOR YOU!.... there are always people to badmouth us, the ones that are doing RIGHT FOR US!!!!!!!............ they are the ones suffering just looking for SOMEONE to BLAME!... do what is right for you, and we will be reading about YOU.......in the months to come and your successes~! ROCK THAT SLEEVE~~~~

Seems kind of silly to argue over muffins...or is that muffin tops? Tee hee...I am assuming not the sticking out over your waistband kind.

A forum is an assembly or a meeting place. A place for discussion. Not all will be what you want to hear or the info you need.

Let it go.

Oh yeah because it was oh so important to respond to posts about vitamuffins...how about you mind your own business what I choose to respond to and stop shaking your damn head at people you dont know. But if you need to know this post seemed to be the only one worth responding to because I wanted to state my own side.

Okay. Well, no one can help you with your attitude.

God bless and protect you and may God bless and protect anyone who has to deal with you.

Seems kind of silly to argue over muffins...or is that muffin tops? Tee hee...I am assuming not the sticking out over your waistband kind.

A forum is an assembly or a meeting place. A place for discussion. Not all will be what you want to hear or the info you need.

Let it go.

Girl I'm ready to argue over these so called muffin tops!!

I'm so sick of all this crap being marketed to us silly Americans! Low fat this, sugar free that Vitamin infused crap! Have you seen the new Greek yogurt **** Greek yogurt ice cream Greek yogurt Cereal..

Processed **** sold as healthy for us!!

Ok breathe unicorn, breathe... :P

Girl I'm ready to argue over these so called muffin tops!!

I'm so sick of all this crap being marketed to us silly Americans! Low fat this' date=' sugar free that Vitamin infused crap! Have you seen the new Greek yogurt **** Greek yogurt ice cream Greek yogurt Cereal..

Processed **** sold as healthy for us!!

Ok breathe unicorn, breathe... :P[/quote']

Did I mention someone today recommended sugar free Klondike bars for full liquid stage !!

Because they are sugar free!!

Ok the unicorn has blown a horn sorry :D

Ok...this topic has been beat to a pulp, and I'm not sure why I'm chiming in now, but a "factoid" that I heard while on a medically supervised diet years ago was that GENERALLY speaking, women need 10-11 calories a day per pound of weight to maintain whatever their weight is and men get 12-13 p/pound...so, for a 150 pound woman, she is netting 1,500-1,650 calories a day to stay at that weight. My question for the OP is if they ran a metabolic panel on you pre-surgery to see if there was a reason that you were not overeating but were continuing to gain weight (or not lose)?

And, in reference to one of the early posters who asked you a similar question and your reply was (paraphrased) "why does that matter now, I can lose weight taking in xxx calories and then maintain at xxxx calories", the reason that it matters now is because after you lose weight your metabolism will slow considerably (which is why they tell us to bust it for the first 12 months) to reflect your smaller size, and, assuming that the calories you were able to maintain at pre-surgery will be the same post-surgery is HIGHLY unlikely. If you have an undiagnosed metabolic disorder that has you put on weight with calories that should allow you to maintain, I think you will struggle to stay at your new, low weight.

Did I mention someone today recommended sugar free Klondike bars for full liquid stage !!

Because they are sugar free!!

Ok the unicorn has blown a horn sorry :D

well you do have the horn. Bleat loudly little pink unicorn!

The people who justified their eating bad, too much, etc... Will continue to try to find a justification. I figure its par for the humans.

Although I am not sure how you justify Ice cream and chocolate.

I tried fat free frozen greek yogurt at 8 weeks. Talk about sick!

But then, experience is a good teacher ;-)

well you do have the horn. Bleat loudly little pink unicorn!

The people who justified their eating bad' date=' too much, etc... Will continue to try to find a justification. I figure its par for the humans.

Although I am not sure how you justify Ice cream and chocolate.

I tried fat free frozen greek yogurt at 8 weeks. Talk about sick!

But then, experience is a good teacher ;-)[/quote']

Oh god I am pink!

Oh and the plain Fage 2% with I packet of stevia and frozen blueberries yummy yum yum :D