Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

None of us have the "perfect willpower" I think I said something to that affect several posts ago.

I feel that just as you guys have the right to post your experiences or opinions I have the right also.

I believe that I did so without personally attacking anyone's character. I cannot say the same curtesy was extended to me.

This is a process for all of us and we will all learn a lot along the way.

So moving on next topic... I have dicovered a great recipe app called ziplist. You can download and it will even make a grocery list. You can find emily bites on there. Get mini recipe's. I have started cooking them for the whole family and they love it. Enjoy!

LOL! I'm sorry I dont mean to laugh at u, I just remember me being the same way. When I came home the first couple of days I saw soo many food commercials and I couldnt have any! It does get better bc u discover that u actually don't need any of it :-)

Again' date=' Laura-ven... I believe you are really overreacting to this. But, ever since being on this website I have noticed that is very common. Funny to.me how people who let themselves become so obese that they have to have a surgical procedure to correct it are now nutrition police and know it alls. At the end of the day, people who have this surgery screw up in one way or another at some point. I guess it is not such a big deal when they do it, but when someone else does it is made to be such a huge deal. Anyway, if someone wants to chew on something while on the liquid phase, have at it. It isnt going to kill you & it isnt going to make you lose less weight. I see people on here that chew gum, but I was told that is one of the most dangerous things you could do, if swallowed. I could care less what any of you do, honestly.[/quote']

No one HAS TO HAVE a surgical procedure to correct it...the procedure is elective.....just wanted to point this out. Also, why make someone feel worse when eating is an addiction just like liquor and drugs. It's normal to be upset when you can no longer indulge even in small amounts. Let's not forget everyone on this board has their own problem with food. #kind of tired of all the holier than others messages I keep reading from those that were obviously unable to roll out of bed they were so heavy that this surgery is the best scrapping thing since winning a million dollars. We all wish we could gave done it with just willpower along and KEPT it off

Hmmm... 11 days post op vs. over 6 months post op....I'm sticking to Laura's advice!

Laura ven is just trying to help others and show them some of the research she has found. Laura has been there for so many people. She is the last person on here who is holier than thou. Educate yourelf people and listen to the others who have been there and done that already!

Johnlatte- I have no interest in chewing food & spitting it out. I will however, stand up for those that do and everyone else that makes mistakes. I have done everything that I have been told thus far, but I am only 11 days post op and who is to say I will never make a mistake? Everyone does at some point. If I can't voice my opinion just like everyone else does, then why be on this website? It was far from a personal attack because I am not the one chewing food and spitting it out. I have the right to reply to any post on this website just like everyone else. Thank you ;-)

Wow...you bagged pretty hard on Laura, who posted legitimate facts about an extremely dangerous thing. Not a mistake, but doing something pretty stupid. Yes, absolutely mistakes happen, but doing something dumb and dangerous is something entirely different. It's pity you can't see the difference. I never get into threads like this, but honestly, you were out of line. You can defend who you like, and that's admirable to a point, but to bag on someone who posts legitimate concerns and back them up with facts simply wasn't called for.

When I was in liquid only phase I chewed a big bite of pizza and spit it out and I felt horrible afterwards. Not my stomach but emotionally. I cried and felt like I failed myself. So, no more chewing for me unless its something I am going to swallow! On that note I did chew and swallow a few bites of pizza today :) I am almost 6 weeks out and so like 3 bites will do it! Obviously I had to get my Protein in this morning to make up for my "not so good for me but oh so delicious dinner" but its not all about deprivation as it is proper balance and making better choices everyday. Oh and change the channel when the commercials come on cause they can be torture!

Look up the thread "dying to be thin" I PMed the girl who wrote that thread, she said yes she did and still does (after getting this surgery) has problems with throwing up. She said when she was young she would throw up and it went on for a few years. Well she said she finally got help and by the time she was 19 she ruined her metabolism and there for gained alot of weight and other problems. Well after she had this surgery of course the throwing up came back because even if you eat to fast or to much sometimes it makes you puke. Shes I think 5 or 6months out now and she believes her bulimia is back. She is seeking help again.

Wow. Just wow. Mind = boggled.

Laura-ven, thank you for posting the facts and data supporting it. As I was reading the posts about chewing the food and spitting it out my mind was screaming "bad idea" even tho the food addict in me totally gets the appeal.

So moving on next topic... I have dicovered a great recipe app called ziplist. You can download and it will even make a grocery list. You can find emily bites on there. Get mini recipe's. I have started cooking them for the whole family and they love it. Enjoy!

That app is great!!!

That app is great!!!

Glad you two found something you like.

It might be a good idea to move it over to the

"Recipe sharing" or even the "food and nutrition"

Part of the forum.

That way you can share your find with the people looking for a recipe app! :)

Me too!! I want pizza!

I know we finally got off the pizza subject, but I have to say I felt so guilty from the two bites of pizza that I just fished a 5 mile walk, while my 160 pound husband drove the car keeping me in sight while he ate pizza & had a beer & cheered me on from the car what great support...? He used the car odometer is it the same distance...

I know we finally got off the pizza subject' date=' but I have to say I felt so guilty from the two bites of pizza that I just fished a 5 mile walk, while my 160 pound husband drove the car keeping me in sight while he ate pizza & had a beer & cheered me on from the car what great support...? He used the car odometer is it the same distance...[/quote']

Haha! That's what this topic was about, Pizza!

5 miles? Girl I hope it was a gourmet pizza for that kind of mileage :P