Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicken, Shrimp, Eggs....

Hey all…

I have a food inquiry, that I've not yet seen addressed. I have read that after the band, a lot of folks can not tolerate shrimp, chicken and even eggs. I was wondering if, for the mushies stage, anyone has tried Shrimp salad, Chicken Salad, tuna Salad or Egg salad - made with mayo? I have an "Ulitmate Chopper" and the thing does wonders. Just curious to see how you may have tolerated these things. Seems to me they'd be a great source of Protein. Not to mention they can be very versatile. What do you think??

Thanks!

I can only have eggs made into egg salad. I do ok with chicken, I usually eat the legs. I live on fish and shrimp. I can eat shrimp as long as I take small bites. ~Mandy

Most of those foods are fine. However, with each fill, you might have to retest what you can eat. I didn't tolerate scrambled eggs after one of my fills. I haven't tried since, but I can have fried, omelette, soft boiled. I think most of it is the texture of the food, not the food itself.

I have read that after the band, a lot of folks can not tolerate shrimp, chicken and even eggs.
I tolerate shrimp, but find it a little too hard to chew it well enough - not worth the effort. I've eated chicken since day 1. eggs are iffy. Real eggs are usually ok if I go slow, and they aren't scrambled. Processed eggs - stucksville every time.

I ate tuna salad, chicken salad, ham salad, egg salad, etc. during my mushy stage. Just made sure it was really wet.

all the salad stuff has been fine for me. Shrimp has gotten stuck on me, again, because it's harder to chew up. I got stuck on scrambled eggs and never had them again. No fried eggs. chicken varies all the time for me. I try to avoid it actually because sometimes it can also be hard to chew up. I enjoy ground beef and you're right...the chopper is a wonder! I love that thing. My mom bought me one of those magic bullet mixers and it's heaven sent. I chop a lot of stuff in it and mix a lot of stuff.

I forgot to mention I can't do chicken or shrimp in chinese food, I think it gets over cooked from sitting in the hot sauce too long and it gets tough. ~Mandy

I can eat it all...although eggs give me an overfull feeling that I don't like.

You will find that each bandster is so different. Restriction, chewing, etc. all factor in.

You'll get the hang of it! Take care. Shawn

I can only do shrimp if it is cold--warm it is too chewy. I can do any tuna salad as long as there are no eggs or celery to chunky. chicken salad depends on who makes it--because I am one of the people who has a love/hate relationship with Chicken and Eggs. On occasion, I can get the middle of an omelette down, but I have to chew the egg with the inside filling.