Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is pre-op and who is post op?

And if you are post-op, can you share your status? (how long ago surg. how much have you lost, any complication?

Hi I am 2 weeks post op. Woke up fine, used the pain pump in the hospital, but it was for my arthritis pain not surgery pain. Slept the first week home. Drank walked a little and slept. No problems with fluids or elimination, just slept. Second week now feeling great and attended a support meeting tonight where I was reminded that 60g a day of Protein (liquid now) is very important. Don't want my hair falling out in month two. Back to work next week. I'm a middle school teacher with my classroom on the fourth floor. (No elevators) arthritis is a bigger problem than surgery. SW 264 CW 223.5. Haven't been this low since can't remember when. Clothes are loose. Looking forward to knee replacements. No nausea, no acid reflux, quit eating / drinking when I "feel" it. Works for me. Nervous about the days ahead. Not telling anyone what is going on except hubby. It's very embarrassing for me. Anyone else feel that way? I could use a friend in this.

I'm pre op too I hope I have it before Christmas but might have to wait till after one more Dietitian meeting on the 26 of November then the insurance approval then the pre op diet and I'll be good to go I'm 65

post-227863-14154945081462_thumb.jpg

I am 2 days post op, having a rough time emotionally, and gained 6 lbs overnight at hospital from IV fluids. First day home was emotionally draining, could not get all the Water down and no room for anything but liquids now. I hope this gets easier, I want to be optimistic.

Congrag on the start of a new you. Live in the now, relax and heal, drink as much as you can, follow the Dr's instructions and most of all take it one day at a time. The weight will come off but your body has to heal, this was MAJOR surgery and it will take time to heal, emotionally, physically and mentally.

You will be feeling good in no time but until then relax and keep repeating positive affirmations which really help.

Good luck you'll be fine.

Sherry

I am 2 days post op, having a rough time emotionally, and gained 6 lbs overnight at hospital from IV fluids. First day home was emotionally draining, could not get all the Water down and no room for anything but liquids now. I hope this gets easier, I want to be optimistic.

I was sleeved sept 29. My advice is stay away from the scale. Have a weekly or biweekly weigh in. My reason to sleeve was to get healthier for my arthritis AND diabetes. Since surgery I am off insulin and ALL diabetes meds. Yeah me. Arthritis is still awful but I have hope. Let your body heal. You weren't born over weight. It will take time and adjustments to lose it. Be kind to yourself. Stick with your program. It will work.

I am 3 1/2 weeks post op, I am exhausted all the time, a little depressed as well. I returned to work part time in one week, but I tire very easily. I am still on puréed food but hoping after my Dr. visit this week I can start some soft foods. Finding it hard to get 60 oz of Protein down and enough liquids. I do not drink the required 60 oz a day, but I try to get as close as I can.

Emotionally this has been extremely hard for me,

The good news, no more diabetes, the surgery went great and a quick physical recovery. I just hope this gets easier. Appreciate thoughts and support

Edited by Wmc1231

I am 4 1/2 weeks post-op. Doing well just losing very slowly which is frustrating.

Two days post -op. Challenging getting in all the fluids. But I know it will get easier. I have chosen not to get on the scale for a while at least. Not much pain or nausea, just really tired. I want to start my Protein but it all makes me gag. Any ideas? Hope you are all doing well in2015.