Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is pre-op and who is post op?

I am 64 and my age was my biggest concern. Hw 192. Surgery 10/23/13. Down about 30#. Was at a stall for about a month after a month and weight loss is beginning again yeah. Definitely worth it even though I was a self pay. Age was not an issue.

I am 65 and having sleeve. Paid by Medicare. Age shouldn't make a difference.

Im pre-op for the sleeve Feb 17. I'm 66 and will be 67 in March. I don't feel old.

<p>Im pre-op for the sleeve Feb 17. I'm 66 and will be 67 in March. I don't feel old. </p>

You should be proud of yourself. We are never too old to get healthy. My surgery date is January 29. I am in the middle of the pre op diet. A bit of a struggle. I will make it though. Good luck with your surgery. We can do it!

<p>Im pre-op for the sleeve Feb 17. I'm 66 and will be 67 in March. I don't feel old. </p>

You should be proud of yourself. We are never too old to get healthy. My surgery date is January 29. I am in the middle of the pre op diet. A bit of a struggle. I will make it though. Good luck with your surgery. We can do it!

Good luck Joy with your surgery. I bet your getting excited. Yes we CAN do it! It will be a totally new way of life eating but I'm up to the challenge and the rewards will be great.

I'm trying to get my eating under better control. I do keep exercising and am reading as much as I can to be better prepared for my surgery.

I'm curious about the pain after the sleeve. I know gas is an issue.

Feb 3 will be 10 months for me since surgery. So far I have lost 143 pounds. 199 pounds since my highest ever. I hope to be at 200 pounds from my highest lost before the 3rd! It had been an amazing journey!!!

Feb 3 will be 10 months for me since surgery. So far I have lost 143 pounds. 199 pounds since my highest ever. I hope to be at 200 pounds from my highest lost before the 3rd! It had been an amazing journey!!!

Congrag on a great weight loss. Gives me encouragement that it will all be worth it.

Congrag on a great weight loss. Gives me encouragement that it will all be worth it.

As long as you follow the program it will be worth it. It is not easy at all but worth it!

Tomorrow is your day. Please let us know how you do when you get home. I'm sending healing thoughts to you.

I am 7 weeks post sleeve 1/4/14. St wt 225. Surg wt 220 today 194#

Having trouble starting solid foods. But feel great.

Was sleeved Mon 5 pm. Mon night was horrible w/the gas, pain, hooked up to all sorts of monitors. I can't take opiates but was able to take one of my pain pills. The nausea was the worst from the anesthesia. By 6:30 Tues pm the nausea was pretty much gone so didn't need the shots.

I came home yesterday afternoon. Today is better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better yet. Gas, stomach bloating is uncomfortable but it does get better. One lady who is a week out says the 1 wk mark is a big improvement. My Dr has her pts on a clear liquid only diet till Tues when we start to eat real food in the post op class. Jello is my main dish till then.

Tylenol takes care of any pain. This is a great 67th bday (next month) present I am giving my self.

I want to know when people have a BM after surgery. I'd hate to be constipated.

I am 8 weeks out from surgery. I dodged a very large bullet with a pulmonary embolism, which was a result of the sleeve surgery. Doctors are impressed with how quickly I have recovered from the setback. I lost 42 pounds before surgery, 45 since, for a total of 87. Blood Pressure is great! I am exercising, eating fine and making solid progress. I feel good!

I am 65, and had my sleeve done on May 21st. I am doing fantastic. No complications. I followed Dr.'s orders to a tee. I am on full liquids and moving to pureed stage in a couple of days. I have lost 24 1/2 lbs. already! This is the best decision! No regrets at all. No pain from my incisions. The first few days are the hardest of course, but now I am healing well and feeling better than ever.

Hello everyone. I am a 60-year-old woman who was sleeved on May 12. My surgery went well and there were no complications, except that H pylori was discovered during the surgery.

I started my weight-loss journey back in January and lost 42 pounds before the surgery. Since the surgery, I have only lost 8 pounds. I believe this is because I have so much difficulty drinking the Protein shakes and Water that I'm supposed to. In the beginning, this was because of the nausea, that was exacerbated by the antibiotics that I was prescribed. And now, I just feel so darn full so fast. But I believe this will get better as well.

My surgeon recommends a four week full liquid diet. I have noticed from lurking here that many people have the full liquids for only two weeks. I guess that's a question I should've asked pre-op, Lol.

Good morning! I had my first MD appointment on July 3, 2014. With that appointment I also had appts with the nutritionist, physical therapist, social worker and cardio-pulmonary nurse. I have a psych appointment on August 8, 2014.

My decision for weight loss surgery was made after my son had gastric sleeve in the spring of this year. At his first MD appt. his weight was 381. Today, he has lost more than 100 pounds. He has so much more energy to keep up with his children. I am so very proud of him.

I have thought about the surgery for years. I am a good dieter, however, a VERY poor maintainer! I have been struggling with my weight since I was in my teens. I have made goal several times and gained all back, plus more!

I am one month in on keeping a food diary. I keep my calories between 1200 and 1500. Loads of Protein and vegetables. Very little fruit. Greek yogurt with less that 10 grams of sugar per serving. Yoplait apple pie Greek yogurt is saving me from sugary treats. I do indulge in sugar free/fat free frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries once a week while still staying in my calorie range.

I try to exercise, however, my fibromyalgia has a tendency to kick my butt. I work full-time and one of the last things I want to do is come home from work with my body hurting, is to go for a walk. I do force myself several times a week and feel better afterwards!

I wish everyone continued success with their weight loss journey!

Nancy