Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lightweights in the house! Any more people with less to lose/less BMI's?

]So any 30 BMI's out there ? How did your weight loss progress after sleeve ? Did u lose a lot or a little in the first 6-8 weeks and how much and how often after that?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was a 30 BMI. I lost a lb a day for the first 22 days then stalled a bit then lost 1-2lbs a week for the last 6 weeks. I'm praying it continues I'm 25lbs down so about halfway

I'm 5'2 and weight 210. Definitely over-weight but barely made the BMI requirement. Thankfully (or not), in the journey process it was revealed that I have sleep apnea and a hiatal hernia. I am now approved and scheduled for 12/21/16.

My goal is roughly 70 lbs.

Hi..

My BMI is 41.9, I'm 5'4... 246lbs... my surgeon wants me to lose 90 pounds... I will be sleeved on 12-21-16

I'd love to ask some people with low BMI how the surgery has gone for you. I'm a BMI of 30 and my surgeon will do the sleeve. I'm happy as I'm going to use this as a tool to change my life FOREVER.

I have some health complications too, and I hope to sort those out.

BUT, I'm terrified of losing too much. Any more than 25 kilos (56 pounds) will make me look ill. I will be asking my surgeon about this but I do wonder if any of you can give me some advice?

I'm in no way a lightweight, in fact, I'm an ultra heavyweight with a BMI around 50. I'm 50, have 8 yr olds twins and want to be able to dance at both of their weddings. I've tried every diet out there, even had lap band surgery, and it was discovered that I was pretty much dying last year when they found a multi-nodular substernal goiter the size of a salad plate in my neck, littered with with thyroid cancer that my thyroid wasn't working at all. I've had a tough go of it over the past year to try and get the proper level of medication for my body. I am over this obesity thing and am having my lap band removed in February and the sleeve in March. I am so excited to get things rolling and to be on the losing side of things.

Regardless of where we are as far as BMI goes, fat is fat and being fat will cut our lives shorter. Don't be afraid of the unknown. Stay positive and work the program and you'll be golden!

We're twinkies! I am also considered a "lightweight" (not according to my hips and knees though) I am converting my Lapband to a gastric sleeve this month also! 3/23 for me, pre-op diet underway...

I'd love to ask some people with low BMI how the surgery has gone for you. I'm a BMI of 30 and my surgeon will do the sleeve. I'm happy as I'm going to use this as a tool to change my life FOREVER.
I have some health complications too, and I hope to sort those out.
BUT, I'm terrified of losing too much. Any more than 25 kilos (56 pounds) will make me look ill. I will be asking my surgeon about this but I do wonder if any of you can give me some advice?

I was a 31 BMI and I'm 13.5 weeks post op with 5 kgs to go I think I don't really know..
I haven't got a weight in mind that I want to be.
I also had health issues which is why I needed this done.
I really don't think I'll lose too much weight

I am so happy I found this thread. Reading everyone's successes at a low BMI start gives me hope that I am making the right decision. A year ago I qualified for WLS as I was at my highest weight of 255 BMI 37.7. I wasn't ready to commit to surgery yet and have spent the past year working hard to lose. I have type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol. I managed to get down to 225 and I have started gaining again. I am terrified of losing control and wasting the progress I have made. I have hasimoto's thyroiditis and I lose weight painfully slow.

I am scheduled to get sleeved on May 15th with Dr. Illan in Mexico. My current BMI is 32 and I am looking forward to losing all of this extra weight and hopefully getting my diabetes into remission. I would love to keep in touch here with others. My goal weight is 150-160.

Hi there
I'm just starting out & I'm at
5'3 228 BMI 40 .. nice to see some of you around similar weights here..: currently working on losing my 10% still so that will be about 206 .... i'm going to have my first class in 2 weeks
i've been able to lose some on my own up-and-down in the past ... but never seem to reach my goal & I can't seem to keep it off so that's why I'm considering sleeve surgery.. so frustrating to keep getting it back ! ...
I have 10-year-old triplets and still carry around that baby weight!
Now My sleep apnea went from mild to severe and borderline high blood pressure and high cholesterol and so trying to get rid of weight for good I hope with surgery .. I'd luv to keep up with you guys and see if you can give me some good support & advice.

I would like to keep in touch kbellakat. We can be a good support team.

I had a BMI of 39.6 (238 lbs) when I started this process. My surgeon suggested that I get down to 160 but I still felt that was too heavy for me, I am 5 ft 5. I'm now 135 so I have lost 103 lbs.

It's good to have a goal in mind but just keep it 'fluid' if you want to. I have gone up and down a couple of pounds here and there and then lost it the next week/day.

On 2013-05-22 at 6:41 PM, MumtazG38 said:

So I'm considered a lightweight....yea....thats me LOL! At 32 BMI I'm technically lightweight. I have been at 35 BMI for the last several years or so and have actually managed to lose a bit on a low carb/high protein/mod fat/low cal/sugar free (paleo/primal) lifestyle, but am as usual having a very hard time keeping it off consistantly. It keeps creeping up.

Was just wondering if there were anymore people on here with about 100lbs or less to lose, or otherwise considered lightweight comparatively. Any who've had the procedure? If you've had the procedure, how much have you been losing? What's your progress, and how're you feeling about the procedure so far?

Thought I'd make a thread for us that have less to lose than the SMB or even the MB people on here. So we can share our experiences and just chill.

B)

BTW, thought I'd add. Everyone is welcome! All sizes! All opinions are valued here!

My BMI IS 31, and have my sleeve surgery In 3 days. I'll let ya know .

Edited by Please

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 7:10 AM, lowbmi65 said:

I was a 30 BMI. I lost a lb a day for the first 22 days then stalled a bit then lost 1-2lbs a week for the last 6 weeks. I'm praying it continues I'm 25lbs down so about halfway

lowbmi65 - How are you doing? I have a few more weeks to go. I do not have a pre op diet so I am eating a lot of last meals. I am around 190 and hope to lose 55 pounds. I can not wait, but scared at the same time!! Any tips on what to stock my house with? I have to travel a few states away to have my surgery. Will I be able to play with my little ones after surgery or will I be laid up for a few weeks?

I'm getting sleeved April 11th in Tijuana, Mexico. When I scheduled my surgery 10 days ago, I weighed 185 (BMI 32.8). The nutritionist told me she wanted me down to 176 on surgery day. This morning I weighed in at 180, so hopefully I'll get there. I'm 5'3" so 185lbs on my frame is a lot. I also have PCOS, pre-diabetes, and high(er) cholesterol (though I've worked hard to bring those numbers down). My body and frame takes after my father's side of the family where the women were all obese. I know what my destiny is, so at 41 I wanted to do something about it. Plus, I also have a 2 year old, and I want to be healthy and have stamina to keep up with her and all the needs an active childhood consists of!