Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had mine on May 15th. Wednesday starts week 2 and I can FINALLY have thicker liquids. Can Anyone explain exactly what "thicker" liquids are??

Anything that is liquid at room temperature counts. For example yogurt (Greek is better), creamed Soups and pudding. Farina is also considered a thicker liquid.< /p>

Had surgery May 15. Drain removed yesterday. Feeling better each day. Down 14lbs since surgery. Things going well. Excited!

I had mine on May 15th. Wednesday starts week 2 and I can FINALLY have thicker liquids. Can Anyone explain exactly what "thicker" liquids are??

Thicker liquids consists of v-8's and skim milk, soy, cream Soups strained, Protein drinks and thinned cereals, yogurt.

I got this from a handbook download online from "institute for advanced bariatric surgery." I dowloaded 3 different ones on my kindle so I have quick references... Hope this helps. Ive been doing the OhYea shakes they have 32 gr of Protein per shake and taste like choc milk. Not all gritty like powder drinks.< /p>

What are you doing to get your 90g of Protein? Thats the hardest thing I hve to deal with...that and getting fluids.

Oh yea shakes taste like choc milk or whatever flavor you get and they have 32 grams Protein. Then I got New whey Liquid Protein tubes - they are only 3.8 oz and have 42 gr protein. Have many flavors

Ive been adding crystal light to Water to get my required fluids in. I like the kool aid taste better now for some reason than the Water taste...

May 13th and down 11 lbs... What is everyone doing for activity and how often?

Congratulations on weight loss! Ive been walking a 1-2 miles per day. They told me not to lift anything over 10lbs for a month, so I bought an 8lb weight and have been using it a little...

Did u lose all 31 lbs since surgery or was done of that pre-op!

I lost 19 post op. I posted pictures. Under my profile. Before I lost about 12 pre op but that was because I had to be on liquid diet for two weeks (14 long miserable days).

Yes! I was just thinking the same thing about the bad taste in my mouth. I have been brushing my teeth several times a day and the bad taste just comes back after a while. Im still in the liquid stage so I was thinking maybe that had something to do with it but I don't know...glad to know I'm not the only one though. I was starting to think something was wrong with me.

It really does suck! I thought mine would have gone away with eating some food but not yet. If you find a solution please let me know, and I will too! I can't stand anything sweet either and I think that is why I can't tolerate the shakes. But I need to get Protein in or I will loose my hair :( Best of luck to you!!!

Hey - when you are no/low carb and high Protein, you are in ketosis (which means you are burning fat). It's a good sign, actually, and it WILL go away, but it might take a few weeks. look up "ketosis breath" if you want more details about it.

Mine passed after about 2 weeks. Gum helps, if you can have it, but so does Biotene dry mouth mouth wash and/or biotene mouth spray. I also ended up brushing my teeth 2 or 3 extra times a day when it was super bad! Also, make sure you're getting enough Water, that helps it quite a bit as well. :)

Good luck, guys!

Sleeved 5/13 and doing well. Starting weight 265, surgery day weight 255, left hospital on 5/15 weighing 266 (thanks IV fluids), today I weighed 250. Technically I've lost 16 lbs since leaving the hospital but only 5 lbs from surgery date weight. I can't help but feel a little disappointed especially after I see all these gigantic weight losses from everyone else. Looks like I'll just be a slow loser.

I've been dizzy for the last few days but I wonder if its because I've done nothing but lay in my bed for 3 days. I feel better today after I forced myself to take a few walks through the neighborhood. I have also found that milk/dairy is not agreeing with me so I've had to find some other alternatives (almond milk and soy Creamer for coffee).

Otherwise I am doing pretty well. So glad to see everyone else doing well too!

Oh yea shakes taste like choc milk or whatever flavor you get and they have 32 grams Protein. Then I got New Whey Liquid Protein tubes - they are only 3.8 oz and have 42 gr Protein. Have many flavors

Ive been adding crystal light to Water to get my required fluids in. I like the kool aid taste better now for some reason than the Water taste...

I just posed about this earlier so are the new whey protein tubes ok...someone was telling me bc they are collagen based we shouldn't have them??? I bought like 2 to try and i like them was hoping i could use these

My surgery was May 7th I slept for 2 days in the hospital and drinking Water hurt so bad. However by Sunday that week I was feeling great and now feeling awesome! My doc had me do 2 week liquid- lost 13. After surgery I could start puréed and Protein shakes. All foods have been going down well and have found some great recipes on this sight ( thank you). Down total of 26 lbs from start of liquid diet to today! I think I'm starting a stall but overall so happy! I even walked for 30 min and did some light weight lifting... Ready for the future for sure !

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thicker liquids are Greek yogart, sugar free pudding,, etc.

-Jonathan 5/8/13 sleeve date

Hello' date='

I was sleeved May 9th - down 15lbs already!!! From 200lbs 5'6 38 yr old female

The second week is easier... hang in there.

My energy is double, mind is clear and functioning great (for me - lol) since off caffiene and junk food. Im walking 1-2 miles per day. Found "oh yeah milkshakes" and i love them they have 32 gr Protein each. Makes it easier to reach the protien goal daily.

Srm[/quote']

Where do u buy the oh yeah milkshakes ? Are they high in carbs ?

I had my surgery may 14 and I'm down 14 pounds. I'm still having a little trouble getting my liquids down because I'm having to take tiny sips since its still making me feel a little sick. I have more energy it seems like but when I get up and move around I get a little dizzy and I get out of breath very quickly...even just going from living room to bathroom. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm having the same problem but I think it's because I'm not eating enough Protein. I'm finding it really difficult to drink 60-80 g of Protein. What about you ?

was sleeved on the 6th. lost 16 lbs my first week but felt like i was staving my self. This past week i was allowed cottage cheese, yogurt, refried Beans and still I never ever feel full or satisfied. It takes a TON of will power

I had my sleeve done on May 14th. Today the liquids seemed to be going down easier and I was able to drink twice as much liquid. My doctor has me walking 300 steps 3 times daily. I can do it, but feel very week and get briefly dizzy at times.