Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A new sleever needs some info

Hi guys, I was just sleeved on 5/14/13, and am having some issues I thought maybe someone has all ready had. I need some advice. I know we are suppose to be drinking lots of Water but I'm having a really had time with it. It seems to make me feel sick. It's weird because it didn't make me sick in the hospital. I had hernia surgery too, so maybe that's why but I know I'm not getting enough Protein or water. Any suggestions? I'm hoping to feel better soon, everyone else here sounds like they just breezed right through this first stage.

Hi guys' date=' I was just sleeved on 5/14/13, and am having some issues I thought maybe someone has all ready had. I need some advice. I know we are suppose to be drinking lots of Water but I'm having a really had time with it. It seems to make me feel sick. It's weird because it didn't make me sick in the hospital. I had hernia surgery too, so maybe that's why but I know I'm not getting enough Protein or Water. Any suggestions? I'm hoping to feel better soon, everyone else here sounds like they just breezed right through this first stage.[/quote']

I'm pre op, but lots of people say on here that water is the harshest in the stomach. People do things like crystal light, warm tea or broth, sf Popsicles, Mio, power are zero.. etc

Powerade zero*

This is not an easy stage for most of us!

Water is a little hard to drink for a lot of us in the first couple of months it becomes uncomfortable and sits heavy.. Have you tried it with a Water Enhancer like mio or crystal light? It breaks the Water tension and makes it a bit easier to get down..

And in the beginning getting your fluids and Protein in feels like a full time job, because it is :)

I am 10 weeks post op and still do crystal light instead of Water. Water really seems to bother my stomach.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thanks everyone, I'll try the crystal light or mio.

What do you mean it makes you feel sick? Like vomit, pains, or what? I was done the 13th and had the same type of repair. Water made me hurt at the top of my stomach, but I am good now. I have to remember smaller drinks.< /p>

I am 10 weeks post op and still do crystal light instead of Water. Water really seems to bother my stomach.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Around 5 months is when I started enjoying water again and I'm able to drink it pretty freely :)

I liked sleepy time tea early out. Also, I had to really sip slowly. It took 15 minutes to get an ounce down for the first few days. If I went faster, I felt sick.

Cold and hot Water bothered me too. Had to be close to room temp.

Lynda

I was sleeved on the 14th too! If I don't sip and take too much in, then I feel nauseated, so have used a small medicine cup to help me remember. I've been sipping Water, coconut water, G2, chicken broth, and sugar free Jello. I also made Popsicles with coconut water which feels really good on my throat, which was a bit sore from surgery. I have four little cups lined up right now......reminding me to sip and sip often!

I had the same Problem.. I am just about 4 weeks out and it's still not super easy. BUT.. the trick is definitley in warm or at least room temperature Water it helps relax the stomach muscles so it is not quite so hard to stomach!!!

I am 25 days postop.. I wound up 6 days extra in the hospital for dehydration.. Protein Shakes juices you name it I still cant handle them all... My husband after trying and spending a ton of money to find something to get that Protein in finally discovered the 2.5 oz bottle of protein to go.. And what a life saver!!! The 2.5 oz bottle carries 28 grams of protein.. 3 flavors 1st one strawberry banana I love it but super sweet so I add a bit of Water since its a puree not a shake.. Im able to drink more water without fretting over the shakes or them bothering my stomach!!!! I im 2 days of theses feel so much better.. I drink half in the am half around noonish and then 2 more halves.. So 2 little bottles is 56 grams of protein soooo much easier and less stressful then those shakes... My husband got them at dicks( very pricey) Amazon has them a little bit cheaper and then there is their own web site.. Check them out although they may run you about 8.00 a day soooo worth it...protein to go

The first 2 weeks the sight of Water made me sick! I used to get major headaches if I touched crystal lite and thought it was gross as a last grip I tried the crystal lite no headaches absolutely delicious!!! fruit 2o and sobe is great as well... The past 2 days though ive been able to keep water down

Water is a little hard to drink for a lot of us in the first couple of months it becomes uncomfortable and sits heavy.. Have you tried it with a Water Enhancer like mio or crystal light? It breaks the Water tension and makes it a bit easier to get down..

Laura, thanks for this explanation; I saw a lot of people talking about loving Mio and Crystal Light, but I thought it was more about flavoring the water! I had no idea that it actually makes the water go down easier. Good info!