Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

shakes are awful surgery may 28

My surgery date is the 28th as well. This whole board is so helpful! Best of luck to you all!

I am May 28th also. I just started my liquid diet today. I am feeling kind of nauseous and sick. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep this feeling down while on this part of the diet?

I LOVE Chike chocolate and like the Synthrax nectar chocolate and vanilla. Haven't tried the other flavors. You need to try out some different brands.

I'm May 28th as well I really like the nectar Protein shakes and primer Protein RTD

For the nectar fuzzy naval I just mix it with Water and ice

For the nectar vanilla bean tort I mix it with 1 cup of almond milk and ice. One thing I love about nectar is how easily it mixes

The days I drink the primer Protein Shakes I sometimes add in PB2 to give it a yummy chocolate and Peanut Butter taste

Got Optifast from the MD, 2 weeks worth, both powder and RTD.

Today I loved my shake!!!!!! I did the Bariatric Advantage chocolate plus skim milk and Peanut Butter blended into a paste then added ice and blended.... yummmy....... way better than the chalk I've been eating. ........ thanks everyone for the tips.... helps so much.... ♡♥♡

Today I loved my shake!!!!!! I did the Bariatric Advantage chocolate plus skim milk and Peanut Butter blended into a paste then added ice and blended.... yummmy....... way better than the chalk I've been eating. ........ thanks everyone for the tips.... helps so much.... ♡♥♡

Be careful with how much Peanut Butter you add - it's pretty heavy in fats and calories. If you can, find PB2. It's peanut butter powder with most of the fat removed. It's easy to order online from Amazon, or you may be able to find it locally - check the health food and diet sections of good supermarkets, or at local nutrition and supplement stores

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

I can't handle the Protein Powder. Tastes gross, as do all the prepared ones that I've tried, so I've been making my own with powdered oatmeal, ground flaxseed, berries and skim milk. Tastes pretty good. I just ground up the oats in the food processor, flaxseed I bought ready to use. Soaked both in milk for 15minutes then added frozen berries to the blender and whizzed it up.

I can't handle the Protein powder. Tastes gross' date=' as do all the prepared ones that I've tried, so I've been making my own with powdered oatmeal, ground flaxseed, berries and skim milk. Tastes pretty good. I just ground up the oats in the food processor, flaxseed I bought ready to use. Soaked both in milk for 15minutes then added frozen berries to the blender and whizzed it up.[/quote']

What's the number of grams of Protein in this?

I like Unjury brand for Protein powder to make shakes. The other brands I tried were gross or had fillers and things other than whey protein isolate as the protein source.

I wasn't a fan of EAS carb control, but I think all of these shakes take some getting used to.

I use the RTD premier Protein shakes from costco. I think your NUT might nix the RTD because they are not 100% pure whey Protein. They are a blend with casein, which is still acceptable per my NUT, but they all have differing opinions on what you should use.

Syntrax nectar is good and has lots of different flavors. It's powder, but depending on the flavor, you can mix with Water or milk. They have a Twisted cherry flavor that's pretty good with Water, sort of like Kool-Aid. You can get a variety sample pack from bjsbariatrics.com and then pick what you like and get tubs of it from Amazon.com.

I tried the unjury, and for the price, quite frankly, I wasn't impressed. People say that chicken broth flavor is good, but I thought it was awful, and the others that I mixed with cold water or milk were clumpy even in a cup designed to shake up protein powders. I was disappointed, but I got their sample pack so my financial commitment wasn't too great.

I have 2 tubs of Body Fortress, which is available at Walmart. strawberry and the other is chocolate Peanut Butter. I also have 2 tubs of Syntrax Nectar unflavored (one unopened) and I just don't use any of them. I'd be willing to ship them off if someone was willing to pay (even a little bit) for opened Protein Powder... I just don't like them compared to the RTD Premier drinks - it bums me out to see the wasted money. :\

The point is that there isn't really a fool-proof flavor out there, unfortunately. You really have to try a bunch and see what works. I suggest getting a few sample packs like I mentioned and trying them out, cuz you're never really gonna know what you like otherwise!

Good luck! liquid phase SUCKS - but I had surgery on May 2nd and can eat food again and it's worth it. I just had half of a wrap sandwich with a slice of turkey deli meat and small sliver of avocado, and I'm full. That would have NEVER filled me up pre-op! It's all worth it. Hang in there!

What's the number of grams of Protein in this?

It's around 16-20 depending on the amount of oatmeal and flax. I've been using 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/8 cup flaxseed meal, cup of skim milk, handful of strawbs and same of raspberries. Thinned it out with Water.

I'm dreading next Saturday!!! Have to start clear, no cal liquids and I'm diabetic. First day of Protein Shakes made me ill because I wasn't getting enough carbs. Can't imagine how I will function with none at all for 3 days!!! ????