Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok...where to start lol...for all of you that have had this surgery I commend you. If I can get through this, hell I can get through anything.

Hands down worst pain ever experienced would have a baby 10 times over lol... Suppose to have gastric bypass but I had to much scar tissue and they opted for the sleeve. Doc said internally they were hard on me as I had some muscles that did not cooperate and he had to beat me up inside more then normal.

Loved my doctor, super great bedside manor. Im highly emotional have had to lil break downs. Im guessing lack of sleep, no food, so much pain and damn uncomfortable.

This too shall pass just cry it out, you will feel better. This is a long rd a head and i know i will have doubts and freak outs but come with the territory. If this pain subsides i will manage. Stay strong, stay focused we sid this for a reason and knowone said it would be easy. Believe in yourself, you got this!!! Thank god for forums and ppl sharing, would not have done it with out all the info xo

post-58685-13813665568102_thumb.png

[ATTACH]12658[/ATTACH]

It is painful but use the pain meds no reason to suffer. I'm post op May 6th and trust me it gets better. One day at a time. The walking hurts but it helps so keep moving

I am also post op May 6th and it really does get better. I haven't taken any pain meds since Friday and I can move around without any pain and little soreness. You will get through it. Take the pain meds to help you for now and walk when you can and try and get your liquids in. I bet in a few days you will be feeling so much better.

I am also post op May 6th and it really does get better. I haven't taken any pain meds since Friday and I can move around without any pain and little soreness. You will get through it. Take the pain meds to help you for now and walk when you can and try and get your liquids in. I bet in a few days you will be feeling so much better.

Thanks gang, gonna push my self tomorrow with a good walk!

Thanks I needed to read this post at first I was regretting the surgery I'm highly emotional as well so I lay in bed crying because the pain was so intense???? everyone is telling me to walk I am do that but how about when I'm shirt of breath and sometime it hurts to walk? I know this too shall pass!!!

I'm 5 days post-op and feeling better each day. My surgery was May 7th.

When I woke up in recovery I was in excrutiating pain. The MD decided that since I have a reaction to morphine that they would basically give me nothing at all. I couldn't believe it! After time in recovery where I was crying out in pain, they then took me to my room. My pain is now a 15 on the 0 to 10 scale. I was crying and pleading for pain relief. RN first gave me a Percocet pill which I choked on and gagged back up after it got caught on the NG tube in my throat. RN then gave me Tordal. Can I say in no uncertain terms how useless that medication is!! Now its 3 hours post-op and I'm crying in severe pain. Finally RN says "MD says I can give you Dilaudid". Within a few minutes my pain was at a 2 and then at a 0.

I still do not understand why I was forced to endure such horrible pain and for such a long period of time.

I went home on the 8th and have been able to control my pain at home. I'm getting to where I will no longer need the pain meds much longer.

It gets better everyday...

Soon you'll begin to feel more like yourself.

I wish you the very best and a speedy recovery!

I'm 14 days out today and that first week is the hardest. I think it gets better once your on full liquids and you get stomach acids under control. I have no issues now and even ate out for Mothers Day. Take it day by day but I know your days will be getting better:)

I'm 5 days post-op and feeling better each day. My surgery was May 7th.

When I woke up in recovery I was in excrutiating pain. The MD decided that since I have a reaction to morphine that they would basically give me nothing at all. I couldn't believe it! After time in recovery where I was crying out in pain' date=' they then took me to my room. My pain is now a 15 on the 0 to 10 scale. I was crying and pleading for pain relief. RN first gave me a Percocet pill which I choked on and gagged back up after it got caught on the NG tube in my throat. RN then gave me Tordal. Can I say in no uncertain terms how useless that medication is!! Now its 3 hours post-op and I'm crying in severe pain. Finally RN says "MD says I can give you Dilaudid". Within a few minutes my pain was at a 2 and then at a 0.

I still do not understand why I was forced to endure such horrible pain and for such a long period of time.

I went home on the 8th and have been able to control my pain at home. I'm getting to where I will no longer need the pain meds much longer.

It gets better everyday...

Soon you'll begin to feel more like yourself.

I wish you the very best and a speedy recovery![/quote']

Wow girl, you had it bad. So glad they sorted it for you. Onwards and upwards. It is so normal that I think most I talked to including myself have had regrets in the first 2 weeks. Mine was the 2nd day. It is a scary ass time but...another hurdle and check mark that says woman are stronger and can endure so much more lol...

Ok...where to start lol...for all of you that have had this surgery I commend you. If I can get through this' date=' hell I can get through anything.

Hands down worst pain ever experienced would have a baby 10 times over lol... Suppose to have gastric bypass but I had to much scar tissue and they opted for the sleeve. Doc said internally they were hard on me as I had some muscles that did not cooperate and he had to beat me up inside more then normal.

Loved my doctor, super great bedside manor. Im highly emotional have had to lil break downs. Im guessing lack of sleep, no food, so much pain and damn uncomfortable.

This too shall pass just cry it out, you will feel better. This is a long rd a head and i know i will have doubts and freak outs but come with the territory. If this pain subsides i will manage. Stay strong, stay focused we sid this for a reason and knowone said it would be easy. Believe in yourself, you got this!!! Thank god for forums and ppl sharing, would not have done it with out all the info xo

[/quote']

We rock...just sayin!! A big HOORAHH for May ppl!!!

I'm a May 5 post op, feeling back to normal just today, had a 3 KM walk, was amazing!

Glad that nightmare first week was over!! The shortness of breath was the worst for me & eating!! However I am able to enjoy food once again even in a liquid state :)

I was sleeved on the 7th and that pain was pretty unreal & unlike anything I've ever experienced BUT it's amazing how resilient we are. My incisions bother me on occasion but I've not had to take any pain meds since being released and I really feel almost like it never happened. I honestly feel like the pain I endured has made me stronger and more able to tolerate being physically uncomfortable for future workouts & struggles with diet to come. Feel better soon!