Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBand dreams up in smoke...

:pout:

Got a letter back saying that my insurance will not cover the procedure due to plan "exclusion" of weightloss surgery.

No way I can afford to finance it so I may as well give up. Or, at least, it's not something I can do in the near future.

I had the same experience with BC/BS. Can you pay and go to Mexico. That's where I had mine done and it was a wonderful experience. Only 8500.00 including everything. Or maybe refinance your house. Put it on a credit card? There are several financing places too like CareCredit and oh, I can't think of the other one but when I think of it I'll post it. I'm just trying to come up with some ideas for you. Can you not fight they're decision. Sometimes that will work too. Just don't give up. Maybe everyone else here might have some ideals too. OH, capital one has a medical credit line too. Usually like 2percent interest, very low rates and payments aren't usually bad either. Luckily we had enough in savings but I busted us, now our savings account looks horrible. Let me know if any of these will work for you and I have email addy's for all of them.

Pennywise, I have not done the math but I would bet for myself I will save enough on my food bill alone to cover the cost of a monthly payment for the surgery, and that does not count savings on medical bills. I think this is too important to let money be the reason not to do it. financing options are available. If you need to do this and you are ready to do this, I think that money is not a big enough obstacle to defeat your plans. I know it is easy for me to say that when I don't know your situation, but I know I'm going to save at least $300 per month just on food. I believe there must be a way for you too.

Mark

pennywise sorry to hear your disappointing news...still where the door closes somewhere a window is open...i hope you find your window!

:) becky

I took me years to save the money. I did not want to go in debt. Mistake, mistake, mistake the two years I waited were dumb. If you can find a way, any way do it. Do not give up.

Well, it's a plan exclusion so I don't think that there is anyway that I can fight that and my credit is not good so I can't finance it. :rolleyes: And I just couldn't be okay with having surgery in Mexico (call it prejudice or paranoia, but I'd be worried about corners being cut somehow).

I was talking with a girlfriend at work and we were thinking of being diet buddies or something since we have the same problems with losing weight. We have scales at work and thought maybe we'd have some accountability and motivation if we had weigh-in days in front of co-workers, lol. I love all my co-workers on my shift, those girls are great. :)

This LapBand thing was a big let down, though. It stinks. I REALLY need help with Portion Control. I just don't have the will power to do it myself. I guess I'll have to find it somehow. Cross your fingers for me, or plant a money tree in my backyard. :D

pennywise, you mention that you don't want to go to Mexico. That seems to imply that you could afford the $8500 fee the Mexican docs seem to be charging, but just don't want to go to Mexico. Well, Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver is doing them for $9950, complete, including 3 monts of aftercare and then $15 fills thereafter.

http://www.lapbandrockies.com/

Just a thought.

I had the same experience with BC/BS. Can you pay and go to Mexico. That's where I had mine done and it was a wonderful experience. Only 8500.00 including everything.

Does that include airfare too, if you have to fly in? If so... dang, that's a great deal.

Dr K did my surgery and he's great! I was a bit leery of MX as well but it turned out I had a wonderful alternative only a few miles away!

Good luck to you.

iF YOU THINK ABOUT THE PROBLEMS AND YOU CAN BE KILLED CROSSING YOUR HOUSE YOUR TALKING ABOUT YOUR HEALTH DO YOUR RESEARCH YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT IS BLIND IN THINKING Mexico IS BAD .

THEY HAVE GREAT DOCTORS AND GREAT PEOPLE THAT HELP YOU ALL OUT WITHOUT BEING ALONG ON THE STREETS IF THAT IS YOUR WORRIED .

THINK ABOUT YOU IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT DONT MAKE EXCUSES THAT WILL NEVER TAKE YOU WERE YOU CANT TO BE !!!

NEW YEAR NEW LIFE NEW US!!!

Well, it's a plan exclusion so I don't think that there is anyway that I can fight that and my credit is not good so I can't finance it. :rolleyes: And I just couldn't be okay with having surgery in Mexico (call it prejudice or paranoia, but I'd be worried about corners being cut somehow).

I was talking with a girlfriend at work and we were thinking of being diet buddies or something since we have the same problems with losing weight. We have scales at work and thought maybe we'd have some accountability and motivation if we had weigh-in days in front of co-workers, lol. I love all my co-workers on my shift, those girls are great. :)

This LapBand thing was a big let down, though. It stinks. I REALLY need help with Portion Control. I just don't have the will power to do it myself. I guess I'll have to find it somehow. Cross your fingers for me, or plant a money tree in my backyard. :D

I have been in Medicine, and working at many hospitals in Cali for 20 years...I can tell you that if I ever need surgery again I WILL go to MExico to have it done. It was perfect and everyone was soooooo wonderful. I was tresated like a princess and with TONS of respect! I would never get that here in the USA and I work with one of the best hospitals... everything was perfect and spotless and NO corner cutting!

If Your Intrested In Surgery In Mexico

Go To Obesitygoodbye.com

Or Email Me And I Will Tell You About My Experience .

It Was Great People Are So Friendly You Would Not Belive .

:pout:

Got a letter back saying that my insurance will not cover the procedure due to plan "exclusion" of weightloss surgery.

No way I can afford to finance it so I may as well give up. Or, at least, it's not something I can do in the near future.

I'm in Tennessee. My company excludes any and everything to do with Weight Loss.. considers it COSMETIC.. come on folks BMI is 54.... kind of past the cosmetic phase here... ANYwho. Just because your company doesn't cover it.. doesn't mean you can't appeal it and win. 7 women at my company appealed the decision last year.. and every single one of them are now 100+ pounds lighter. I had my 1st consult today, I know I will be denied up front, then I will appeal.

Tracy

329 lbs BMI 54 Age 36