Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling TOO good after surgery?

Is this possible? I was sleeved on Wednesday morning. In the hospital I felt sore and worn out, but used a lot of pain meds and managed well. I came home yesterday evening and decided not to take any more narcotics because they were keeping me from passing gas, which was uncomfortable. But I feel great today! I'm NOT complaining, just wondering if this is some kind of pain free honeymoon and if better get ready to

Feel rough again soon. I have walked a lot and my surgeon used the On-Q pump, which is still in

My stomach delivering local anesthetic for incisional pain. Anyway, I am super happy with recovery so far, just a little surprised. Anyone else have this experience? Or anyone feel good early on then worse as days went by? Just trying to gauge my experience. I know it's different for everyone, but I'm still curious.

Hi, Had a band to sleeve revision and hiatel hernia repair Monday and I feel great too. Do not get me wrong I am sore and bloated with gas but I thought it would be much much worse. I am also walking a lot and not taking pain pills during the day. I have times where I have to rest for a bit because I feel a little dizzy and weak but I think this is from being on liquids and having low sugar. Keep up the good work its only up hill from here!

Fantastic that your recovery is so easy! My recovery was quick and would have been completely painless if I had had an On-Q Pump (back in jeans, driving on the weekend after having surgery on the Monday before). We are the lucky ones who had it relatively easy. Follow your doctors orders, drink drink drink your fluids and remember walking is important, but so is resting and allowing your body to heal.

I was the same way. Felt great even the morning after surgery, the only pain being in my neck and shoulder from referred gas pain. I also had the On-Q, but I pulled it out two days after surgery because wearing the carry case around my neck aggravated my neck pain more than it was worth it for stopping incisional pain, and it just kept getting in the way. I didn't have any incisional pain anyway, and never took pain meds for anything once the IV was unhooked.

I was sleeved on a Tuesday, went shopping with my mom that Friday, drove myself an hour home on Saturday, and spent the rest of that day doing laundry and taking care of my horses.

I'm a month out now, have been walking over a mile a day and doing light workouts for over two weeks, and even started riding my horse again at the beginning of this week.

So you are not alone feeling GOOD after surgery!

OMGoodness...what a wonderful thread! I just pray I'm as fortunate as all you lovely sleevers!! Pretty please dear Lord!!

I have had virtually no pain. I think I pushed my pain pump button a few times that first night, but I think I was more afraid of threat of pain than the pain itself. Next day, IV was pulled and I was given Vicoden at the hospital, and I took as they told me to. Went home that day, and have not used any since. On day three, I used regular tylenol because my stomach was sore, like I had done too many sit ups. But that's been it. No gas pain, no incision pain. Slept on my stomach on day 4. The only ever so slight problem I had, was the first 5 days, when I woke up in the morning, I was slightly nauseous. But that has resolved itself as well. I am not having intake problems either, with liquids or Protein.

I wonder if my surgeon even did the surgery! I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. (knock on wood!)

So glad you are feeling so great! Enjoy it :)

I had my sleeve on Friday 5/3. One week ago today. I had pain but nothing major was home Sunday afternoon. Have felt great all week very few pain med just mostly at night. Today have been driving walking shopping still feel great. Have not thrown up at all. Have bits of hunger and wish I could of had pizza tonight but had a Protein Shake. Hope the surgeon really did the procedure!! LOL.

I HATE to be the party pooper! I too felt great from day 3-13. I was back to my old activities and then some. I was at a baseball tournament on day 5. Days9-12 I helped my sister run her dance academy recital which is a a ton of work- early mornings, Long nights, lots of people and lots of stress. I felt awesome though! I was bragging- "look at me- I'm doing sooooo great" Karma got me. On day 14, I had my first problems and havent gotten over it in the last 4 days. Back to Clear Liquids and the reflux is horrible! I think I overdid it. So My warning is don't go crazy like me and prayers for you that your continue to feel great!

I has the sleeve over 3 weeks ago. I had some discomfort but never enough pain to take any kind of pain medication.

My surgery was wednesday the 8th. I'm doing pretty well. Had some gas pain but no real pain from the incisions. The largest incision has been a little sore but not worth taking meds for. The gas pain is finally gone but I am having some difficulty getting all the fluids in and with any little bit of consumption my tummy just rumbles. Been on clear liquids since surgery but get to start yogurt, pudding, and cream Soup tomorrow so maybe that will go down well. I have absolutely no hunger so thats kinda nice. So glad I did this finally!!! Nothing but better from now on!!!

I was sleeved April 9 and I had a great recovery. Tolerated all foods and shakes, no pain, went back to work after 2 weeks. Have lost 20 lbs. Stay positive and you'll do great.

It's possible. Some of us wake up from surgery no different from before the surgery. (Other than lifting) my days were exactly as they were pre-surgery.. From the minute I woke up. Freak of nature I guess

I was sleeved 3/6, I also had a great recovery. I have had no food intolerances either. Happy to see so many had easy recoveries!