Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 9th sleeve' date=' came home today! Pressure is awful, but there are glimmers of relief coming. Just going to focus on hydration, Protein, and strict pain control so I feel better ASAP![/quote']

I'm the 9th too. So far no major issues with nausea or gas. I have walked a ton though. Tomorrow I will focus in hydration and Protein.< /p>

May 6th here in Allentown PA. Feel good, doing lots of walking. Stomach is still huge and bloaty with gas but I know that will work its way out. No pain just discomfort and I get tired after doing my walking.

May 9th sleeved, had problems with nausea and bad gas cramps and pressure. Still not feeling to we'll but I hope as the days go on I will pull myself together. :/

May 9th sleeved' date=' had problems with nausea and bad gas cramps and pressure. Still not feeling to we'll but I hope as the days go on I will pull myself together. :/[/quote']

I had the same problems and I know its what everyone says but it really does get better everyday. I was sleeved two days before you and today I've felt pretty good, besides lower energy. Was able to walk & get in all my Water and a Protein shake. I still have random cramps but I have a feeling that as I add more "real food" those will start to subside.

Is anyone else may 6 or 7 left side still in severe pain? Gas/bloat is pretty much gone. Yesterday I felt great but this am I woke up at 5 feeling like I had been beaten up overnight. Was trying to wean myself of pain meds but gave in at 5:30 am and then again at 5 pm (took 1/2 dose). I walked the entire neighborhood and then went to Target w my daughter to find some loose dresses. We had to leave bc i thought i was going to pass out! Just took a full dose of meds and as I climbed into bed, I felt my staples were going to rip out. Horrible pain! Also drinking liquids (Isopure, broth) does not bother me but for some reason Water really hurts going down. This is new as well. I have to return to work Monday and I'm getting a bit nervous. Luckily, I sit most of the day. Despite the set back today, I am so happy with my sleeve! I luckily am not having any cravings and am satisfied with the liquids. Although i am thinking more and more about what all i can mush together once i get released to pureed food. I hope you all are doing well and may all the mothers have an extra special day tomorrow! Going to lunch with my family. Won Ton Soup (86 the wontons) for me!

Is anyone else may 6 or 7 left side still in severe pain? Gas/bloat is pretty much gone. Yesterday I felt great but this am I woke up at 5 feeling like I had been beaten up overnight. Was trying to wean myself of pain meds but gave in at 5:30 am and then again at 5 pm (took 1/2 dose). I walked the entire neighborhood and then went to Target w my daughter to find some loose dresses. We had to leave bc i thought i was going to pass out! Just took a full dose of meds and as I climbed into bed' date=' I felt my staples were going to rip out. Horrible pain! Also drinking liquids (Isopure, broth) does not bother me but for some reason Water really hurts going down. This is new as well. I have to return to work Monday and I'm getting a bit nervous. Luckily, I sit most of the day. Despite the set back today, I am so happy with my sleeve! I luckily am not having any cravings and am satisfied with the liquids. Although i am thinking more and more about what all i can mush together once i get released to pureed food. I hope you all are doing well and may all the mothers have an extra special day tomorrow! Going to lunch with my family. Won Ton Soup (86 the wontons) for me![/quote']

Oh man I'm sorry! I was sleeved on the 7th and haven't used any pain meds since teo days post-op (mainly because I thought they may be contributing to my nausea). I have some pain when jostled and trying to lay down in bed, esp my belly button incisions but nothing to the level you are discribing. Did they send you home w a pain-reliever? Maybe try that and an ice/heat pack for awhile. Unfortunately this kind of surgery affects everyone differently & requires different recovery times. I hope your work will be understanding.

Oh man I'm sorry! I was sleeved on the 7th and haven't used any pain meds since teo days post-op (mainly because I thought they may be contributing to my nausea). I have some pain when jostled and trying to lay down in bed' date=' esp my belly button incisions but nothing to the level you are discribing. Did they send you home w a pain-reliever? Maybe try that and an ice/heat pack for awhile. Unfortunately this kind of surgery affects everyone differently & requires different recovery times. I hope your work will be understanding.[/quote']

Had my surgery on 7th in Tennessee. My recovery has went ok. I have been running a low grade fever the majority of the time but that has been the biggest issue. Very little nausea not had much problems tolerating foods. I tried going all day today without the pain meds but i finally gave in about 9pm. But I feel like everyday gets better

Had my surgery on May 8th. Now day 4 post op and I feel wonderful!! Had pain and lots of gas first couple of days then couldn't get more then a few sips of Water in without lots of pain and rumbling. Since yesterday afternoon all is better. I am not having any pain or cramping anymore and have no problem getting fluids in either. Actually went out to dinner with my husband and kids for mothers day at a Chinese restaurant. Best egg drop Soup I have ever had!! Hahaha! So looking forward to an amazing summer!! Good luck to all still waiting. This is the best thing I have ever done just for me and my health!!!

I had surgery on May 6th in San Antonio, TX. Compared to the hysterectomy I had in Dec. 2011, this surgery is a breeze!

Getting enough hydration is definitely a challenge for me. I am not used to the tiny tiny sips I have to take. Anything bigger causes intense pressure in my sternum. I told my Mr that this must be how babies feel before they get burped! No wonder they cry and get all fussy!

My incisions are blooming in all sorts of colorful bruises right now and I feel very sore and tender, like I had a serious ab workout. It hurts to laugh...and everything else you use your ab muscles for. But thankfully, my pain has been well controlled with the modern miracle called liquid Lortab. ;)

I go for my first post-op appointment on Thursday and have a nutrition class that day as well. Assuming I pass the Dr's inspection (and I will) I can transition to soft foods after that.

I too was sleeved on May 6th in Tyler Texas. I have to say that the gas pains were the worst for me. My incisions have always just been discomfort. I haven't been able to get Protein in because i can not tolerate it. So for now i am just trying to stay hydrated. Where are all you guys on your post op diets? Clear Liquids or full liquids? I have already lost 16 pounds!!!!

gosh...already lost 16 pounds? that's amazing...only about 8 for me

no pain other than gas the first couple of days home...haven't taken any pain meds at home...dr. gave me a prescription for liquid Lortab, but I tried it once in the hospital, and it tastes so horrible that I think I would prefer the pain unless it was excessive

I am still on full liquids for at least five more days...I may talk to my NUT this week and see if this weekend I can progress to soft foods...a bite of scrambled eggs would taste wonderful right now (warning: had a small private pity party here today)

I've got the same colorful bruises, kalicat, and also my biggest challenge is getting in the Protein and staying hydrated

I've got another week home before returning to work, even though I am trying to do a little work from home

let's stay in touch here...and Happy Mother's Day to all!! Just think: next Mother's Day, we will be over a year out!

So I was sleeved on the 9th and today has been a struggle. I didn't think it would be difficult to get Protein or liquids in but it is. I have some gas pains but not excessive. I am struggling w head hunger of all things. Today I just wanted to eat. Something. Anything. But I feel full. Couldn't even stomach a few sips of my moms homemade broth. How am I going to survive the next week???? I don't go to the doctor until the 20th.

Sleeved on the 9th and have bad pains on the left side I don't know why?? Can anyone help?

Ims71... I was sleeved 5/6 & still on pain meds. Although I'm doing getting out & about more than I should & I have 2 small children who need this & that!

Sent too soon! Yesterday post op day 6 was the worst pain ever in the am for 2-3 hrs. I thought I'd rebound quicker than I have & I'm a relatively healthy 31 y/o minus the 100 lbs I need to loose! Today has been better although still taking 6-8 loratabs a day. Pre pain than my 2 csections, gallbladder & another random abd surgery when I was 21. I'm probably overdoing it, ok I know I am! Hang in there, this too shall pass!!