Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Welcome to bandland Audree and Susan!!! I'm so glad you made it back safely.

I had a good week this week...down 3.8 pounds! I got a fill on Thursday and I've been exercising a lot. Hope I get good results thins week!

Congrats on your weight loss!!!! Did you lose on your 6 week recovery time?? Audree

Hey Audree,

I am doing A LOT better today.

I think the plane ride home was a little stressful. I had a slight fever last night... 100.4* and I think it was because I was tired.

No fever this morning and I am at work and feeling fine. I am also not hungry, I feel fine with my juices and Water. I don't feel at all hungry which is how I felt yesterday.

I am going to get some of the Wolfgang Puck broth for lunch and dinner because I think the broth helps a lot to make me feel satisfied.

I am going to say it is a little too early for me to report that this is a true weight loss BUT my scale has me down 2lbs from when I left on Friday...

Yeah,, the Wolfgang Puck is definitely worth it! It just tastes meaty with out meat. It is like 720 grms sodium a cup. Have you tried Better than boullion? I was thinking about getting some. The regular broth just isn't hitting the spot. They had some awesome home made chicken broth in Mexico that spoiled me!!!!

I am not sure I want to weigh during these six weeks. I think I may just measure and see how my clothes fit.

I also had diahrea yesterday and my stomach felt funny, girgly, gassy.

Audree

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU DID IT!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The hard part is now starting, but you can take a deep breathe because your life will now begin to change. It is exciting. Be strong and follow your nutritionist's rules. This liquid phase will soon be a memory!

I can't wait to have yogurt tomorrow and maybe Skinny Cow cheese??? My nutrionist said I could have yogurt. I am hungry. She said creamy Soups on day 7???

Audree

Welcome home Audree and Susan! I lost 7 3/4" in December! I love my band!!! A friend of mine is now considering the lap band because of my success, I am so excited for her. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself!!!

(((hugs)))

Congrats Faybie!!!! That is awesome!!! I can't wait to lose weight! The doctor told me, even being lower bmi, that I could lose anywhere from 28 to 58 pounds in 6 months, that it depended on me! To plan on burning all my clothes. I will donate them cuz I have some really nice clothes. I may want to have some altered. We just need to remember our rules. Does anyone have them to post again to give us a friendly reminder and see if we are doing them properly???

Audree

So I am wondering is following the south beach diet better to do then a low arb diet?? I am tring to find a diet to follow cause i need that structure in my life or i will binge eat on everything, there are so many diets out there I have to pick one to follow and to stick too!!

Any suggestions???

Audree: I did lose weight during my 6 week recovery period. I lost 10 pounds in the first week or so, then 5 more over the next 5 weeks. If you don't like regular broth you could strain chicken noodle Soup and drink that broth...I think it's WAY better than boullion or canned broth. Homemade broth is very good too, if you're up for making it or have someone nice to make it for you. :(

Welcome cherg! I really like South Beach and try to eat that way most of the time. It's not quite as restrictive or very low-carb as Atkins. It's very healthy and you get to eat carbs if you chose the good ones. Good luck!

Audree: I did lose weight during my 6 week recovery period. I lost 10 pounds in the first week or so, then 5 more over the next 5 weeks. If you don't like regular broth you could strain chicken noodle Soup and drink that broth...I think it's WAY better than boullion or canned broth. Homemade broth is very good too, if you're up for making it or have someone nice to make it for you. :(

Welcome cherg! I really like South Beach and try to eat that way most of the time. It's not quite as restrictive or very low-carb as Atkins. It's very healthy and you get to eat carbs if you chose the good ones. Good luck!

I think losing 10 pounds would really keep me motivated!!! I also like South Beach Diet the best. I ate like that for a long time. It also helped me overcome my carb additction!!!

Audree

Audree the homemade Soup in Mexico was totally awesome!

I couldn't stand just the broth stuff so I have been straining some soup which has been better. I am starting to get hungry now that it is getting later in the day. Hot broth is a lot more satisfying to me than just juice.

I got this advice on another thread about daily intake. I think it is pretty consistent with what we hear:

"Calories : 1000

Fat: 20g

Protein: 60 - 80g

Water: 64oz"

Is this about what we all are doing? Are you all journaling what you eat? I am going to journal so if I don't lose or lose slow, I know why.

Audree

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600 align=center bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR bgColor=#b2e7f4><TD vAlign=top width="100%" colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#b2e7f4><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 13px; COLOR: #000000; LINE-HEIGHT: 18px; FONT-FAMILY: Palatino Linotype, Georgia, Times New Roman" vAlign=top>Frozen chocolate Cheesecake Bites!

(2 Bites: 40 calories, 0g fat, 100mg sodium, 6.5g carbs, 0g Fiber, 1g sugars, 2g Protein = 1 Point!)

Meet our new favorite use for ice cube trays.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup Cool Whip Free

5 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese; softened

1 tbsp. SPLENDA, Granular

10 tsp. HERSHEY'S sugar free Syrup

Directions:

Using a fork, vigorously mix Cool Whip, cream cheese and Splenda until smooth and well blended. Evenly distribute mixture into 10 sections of an ice cube tray. Tap tray firmly on the counter a few times to get mixture to settle flat. Next, top each with a teaspoon of chocolate syrup. Tap tray again to settle. Place tray in freezer until Bites are solid -- at least 2 hours. Once frozen, Cheesecake Bites should pop out easily (if not, run the bottom of the tray under the faucet for a few seconds to loosen them). Makes 10 Bites!

</TD><TD width=20></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#b2e7f4><TD colSpan=5 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5 height=20></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#b2e7f4><TD vAlign=top width="100%" colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Prepackaged crab cakes (love crab cakes. They give me my Protein, they are easy to eat even on tight days and there are endless recipes or

pre-packaged ones available. Also salmon in any form. Can find them at Trader Joes or Henry's)

3. Tilapia fish with homemade tartar sausce out of yogurt and relish

4. Chili Beans from Wendy's

5. The bean and cheese burrito from Taco Bell with out the tortilla

Tex-Mex Cheesy chicken Chowder

Ingredients:

1 cup chopped onion 1 cup thinly sliced celery

2 cloves minced garlic 1 tbsp oil

2 cups milk 1, 16 ounce jar chunky salsa

1, 8 ounce package Velveeta 1, 4.5 ounce can diced chiles

<DIR><DIR><DIR><DIR>1 ½ skinless, boneless chicken (bite-sized)

2, 14 ounce cans chicken broth

1, 32 ounce package frozen Ore-Ida diced potatoes

1, 2.64 ounce package country gravy mix

</DIR></DIR>corn chips (optional)

</DIR></DIR>In 6 qt Dutch oven, cook and stir onion, celery, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken, then cook until chicken is no longer raw. Then, add broth and diced potatoes. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for approximately 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender (stirring occasionally)

In separate pan, dissolve gravy mix in milk (until it’s gravy lol), and then add this gravy/milk mixture into the above pan of ingredients. Then, stir in cheese, salsa, and chiles, and then reduce heat to low. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.

This can be served over cornchips, but without it’s great too!

Nutritional Info:

(Based on a 1 cup serving, and this recipe above will make about 16)

303 calories 15 g fat 35 mg cholesterol

857 mg sodium 26 g carbs 2 g Fiber 16 g protein

*** find a low-sodium chicken broth, skim milk, lower fat ingredients, etc..) Obviously you can choose the kick of the salsa and chiles. Also, I like to use the canned chicken (usually a white/dark meat combination), because for me it goes down easier.

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Almost Veggie Chili

<HR><TABLE height=233 width="73%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width="66%">Ingredients</TD><TD width="9%">Calories</TD><TD width="6%">Fat(g)</TD><TD width="9%">Carbs (g)</TD><TD width="10%">Protein (g)</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">3/4 pound ground turkey</TD><TD width="9%">582</TD><TD width="6%">32</TD><TD width="9%">0</TD><TD width="10%">66</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">1c diced onions</TD><TD width="9%">53</TD><TD width="6%">0</TD><TD width="9%">17</TD><TD width="10%">0</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">1 can of diced green chilis</TD><TD width="9%">10</TD><TD width="6%">0</TD><TD width="9%">2</TD><TD width="10%">0</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">4-6 cloves of minced garlic (I buy the processed kind because it's easy) </TD><TD width="9%">18</TD><TD width="6%">0</TD><TD width="9%">4</TD><TD width="10%">0</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">2 cans of drained pinto, kidney, black or garbanzo Beans (your choice -- mix it up!)*</TD><TD width="9%">414</TD><TD width="6%">1</TD><TD width="9%">76</TD><TD width="10%">26</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">1 can of diced, stewed tomatoes (buy the Mexican style, if available) </TD><TD width="9%">71</TD><TD width="6%">0</TD><TD width="9%">17</TD><TD width="10%">2</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">1 small can of Tomato paste</TD><TD width="9%">139</TD><TD width="6%">1</TD><TD width="9%">33</TD><TD width="10%">6</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">1c diced carrots</TD><TD width="9%">53</TD><TD width="6%">0</TD><TD width="9%">13</TD><TD width="10%">2.6</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">1c various veggies -- zuchinni, corn, bell peper-- whatever </TD><TD width="9%">28</TD><TD width="6%">0</TD><TD width="9%">8</TD><TD width="10%">1.5</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">chili powder, cayene pepper, cumin, black pepper to taste 1/2-1 teaspoon ea</TD><TD width="9%">x</TD><TD width="6%">x</TD><TD width="9%">x</TD><TD width="10%">x</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">1-2c of chicken stock</TD><TD width="9%">38</TD><TD width="6%">1</TD><TD width="9%">1</TD><TD width="10%">5</TD></TR><TR><TD width="66%">Total servings: appx 13 -- Breakdown per serving</TD><TD width="9%">108</TD><TD width="6%">2.5</TD><TD width="9%">13</TD><TD width="10%">8.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

1. Brown first 4 ingredients in a large Soup pot with a small tad of vegetable oil or cooking spray.
  2. Add rest of ingreients to pot, with just enough stock or Water to cover contents.
  3. Simmer for 2-3 hours.
  4. Serve with melted cheese and fresh onions on top.

Variations:

Vegetarian: Replace turkey with texturized vegetable protein or tofu, and chicken stock with vegetable stock. Usually veggies have their favorite meat replacement. Or skip the replacement and add another can of beans or more vegetables. Also be sure to add a tablespoon of either Peanut Butter or miso soup concentrate to the mix. You won't taste it, except that it thickens the soup and gives it a good mouthfeel. This was the secret ingredient to my Vegan Chili which I lived off of for the 2 years I was a vegetarian.

Meat-Lovers: Replace turkey with beef; add 2 strips of bacon to the chili for flavor. If you want more meat, subtract a can of beans and replace with meat.

Others: You don't need to follow this ingredient list exactly. My cafeteria often puts in leftover chicken breast, in tiny chunks, instead of ground turkey. If you have some old brocolli or green beans, they can do well here as well. Chili is like a casserole -- supurb left-over management.

I found this on another thread for constipation:

"What I have found is that you can take 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds (which are almost tasteless), and mix it in with one packet of instant oatmeal for Breakfast. That works well, and doesn't alter the taste of the oatmeal at all. In addition to the fiber effect, the ground flax seed provides other nutritional benefits. It has the good omega-3 fats, lignans, (which are antioxidants that promote breast and colon health). Research has shown it to be helpful in keeping cholesterol in check. Two tablespoons adds 60 calories, but contains 4 grams of fiber and 3 grams of Protein. It tastes kind of nutty. Add it to whatever you'd like. I put it in Soups, stews, pancakes, breads, top yogurt with it..

"

Also found this on Water intake:

"Pace yourself through out the day. I drink 5 or 6 16.9 oz bottles of

water per day. Or the equivalent in tea or crystal light as well as my

water.

I drink 1 bottle before I get to work (at home, on the way to office)

I drink another bottle between arriving at work and going to lunch

Another bottle after lunch, before I leave the office

Another after dinner

That is 5 bottles. But somewhere during the day I usually manage to

get some more in, and always end up drinking around 6 bottles, or

between 84 and 100 oz.

As for water fitting in the small stomach, it goes right through the

aband, so that as long as you don't gulp it, you are mostly filling the

large portion of your stomach. "

Audree is back in the full swing of things I see. Keeping us informed and on purpose! Thanks Audree!

Audree the homemade Soup in Mexico was totally awesome!

I couldn't stand just the broth stuff so I have been straining some soup which has been better. I am starting to get hungry now that it is getting later in the day. Hot broth is a lot more satisfying to me than just juice.< /p>

I am getting hungry too and feeling week. I was told by my nurtionist that I can have drinkable yogurt tomorrow and up to 6 Protein Shakes on Wednesday. My question is when can I start creamy Soups? ?????

I can't wait. I want to melt some Skinny Cow cheese in them. Someone is eating Skinny Cow cheese here per her nutrionist post of day 4. Man, why can't I???????????????

She had me on 4 weeks of liquids, shakes, soups, yogurt and then solids after that.

Audree

Audree is back in the full swing of things I see. Keeping us informed and on purpose! Thanks Audree!

Thanks!!!! I like to find intersting things to help my journey easier and want to help others along the way!:welldone:

I am hungry and am thinking about taking my Quick Slim 30 because I am too darn hungry.

This is what I have eaten today

Breakfast: Better Than Boullion Beef broth

Snack: juice pop

Protein Water

Gatorade

Frozen Juice box (100% juice)

Audree