Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hi everyone....

I woke up hungry today. I had my coffee and am a little bit less hungry but not totally satisfied. Still not as hungry as I was on Sunday but I am very happy it is Day 4/7 of my Clear liquids.

I went a long time without Diet Coke in my 20's... maybe 7 years or more. I am glad I am getting off of it! I know the only way I would stop drinking it is if I really had to. Since I am not drinking pop anymore I won't retain as much Water and I bet my skin will get a lot better like Boo's.

I really am happy with how I feel. Surprised and happy. My soreness is about 60% gone and I have no gas pain anymore. If I lay on my left side I can feel some pain where the port is, so I don't lay on my left side on purpose.

I was watching my poor OSU Buckeyes getting squashed by Florida last night and thinking about how I would like some pizza. I was not hungry in the slightest. If anything, this fasting period is very valuable for teaching me to recognize when I am having head hunger vs. real hunger. I am amazed at how often food pops into my head just as an association with an event or feeling. Really I thought I was always hungry but now I think a lot of it has to do with food makes me feel good.

That's all the news that's fit to print on my end this morning. How is everyone else today?

I woke up at 6am and felt pretty good. I feel tight, but less swollen and less gassy. My dietician said i coulf have cream Soup today and yogurt. Has anyone used the Activa Yougurt? It is suppposed to help with digestion.

I need to also get a walk in somewhere. My friend took me to the store last night and it felt good to get out and walk. I need to do it again!

How are you all doing? Banded and pre banded? What is your status???

I am day 4 post op and feeling pretty good!!!

Audree

I don't want to be a bad influence but I ate cheesy scrambled eggs with american cheese on the 3rd evening after surgery. They were soft and GOOOD! I had no problem with it. I think you should do what your body tells you...if you can stand it without a problem then you should be able to progress. Unless there is another reason you'd want to drink broth for weeks. I fell off of that wagon early on.

I don't want to be a bad influence but I ate cheesy scrambled eggs with american cheese on the 3rd evening after surgery. They were soft and GOOOD! I had no problem with it. I think you should do what your body tells you...if you can stand it without a problem then you should be able to progress. Unless there is another reason you'd want to drink broth for weeks. I fell off of that wagon early on.

I had a cup of coffee this morning with soy milk and feel very tight and full. I have a cup of cream of chicken sitting here near me and I have had one small spoonful. I feel like I can't. I feel very restricted and tight. So, I know I am definitely not ready for any other food!!!! That darn head hunger!!!! I feel in my head I can eat, but with the first bite of cream Soup, I know I can not.

Well, at least I know, for at least today, that I am one of those that have restriction from the get go. But, I here things can change day to day. That is why I want to journal daily.

Audree

I had coffee with soy milk this morning too... and I felt full until lunch time.

I had watered down split pea Soup for lunch which is off target some but still very smooth and light. I am very full especially with Water.< /p>

I had coffee with soy milk this morning too... and I felt full until lunch time.

I had watered down split pea Soup for lunch which is off target some but still very smooth and light. I am very full especially with Water.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I forgot about split pea soup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

How much soup could you get in? I had coffee and tried about 15 minutes after the soup and couldn't do it.

I am also drinking more Crystal Light today. Pure Water is not appealing me right now, so I am having Peach Drink Target Brand crystal light. I take a huge swig and let it go down slowly as I type!!!

I also started journaling again today. My food intake, emotional wellbeing, exercise, supplements, liquid intake.

How are we all doing?????

Audree

I used Campbells Soup because is is the smoothest I think. I ate the entire can of soup but it took me a while and I am really full.

I had the coffee this morning at 7:30am and it took me until 10:00 to drink it all (It was a large iced coffee) and I was full and didn't need to eat until 1pm. I don't think I will need to eat again until 6 pm.

I have been slowly sipping 2L of Water for the remainder of the time and just finished it.

I used Campbells Soup because is is the smoothest I think. I ate the entire can of soup but it took me a while and I am really full.

I had the coffee this morning at 7:30am and it took me until 10:00 to drink it all (It was a large iced coffee) and I was full and didn't need to eat until 1pm. I don't think I will need to eat again until 6 pm.

I have been slowly sipping 2L of Water for the remainder of the time and just finished it.

I had my coffee (Gano Coffe is supposed to be a healthy coffee. It has reshi mushroom and has lower caffine than Decaf but gives you energy) with soy milk, probably about 3/4 of a cup in about 15 minutes and felt FULL!!!!

I am sipping on liquids and feel TIGHT!!!

I can't imagine eating anything!!!! COOL!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hey guys, sounds like you two are doing pretty well.

Supergenius, I also found that I had an emotional attachment to food soon after being banded. I was very tight just like Audree and I could barely eat my Soups and my "head hunger" was telling me to go get a cheeseburger and large fries. Luckily, I was strong enough not to do such a thing. Funny though, I never realized I had such a strong voice in my head urging me to eat stuff. However, more than 4 months later that voice is now gone! woo hoo!

Susan and Audree,

I am glad you two are doing so well. Remember this is a time of healing. Eating real food (as someone suggested) is really not a smart thing to do. Just because you don't feel pain doesn't mean it won't hurt your healing process. You guys are too smart to do that, I know. But it does get tempting when you get soooooo hungry. As said before, keep your eye on the prize.

You guys are doing awesome. Welcome to bandland. lol

Susan and Audree,

I am glad you two are doing so well. Remember this is a time of healing. Eating real food (as someone suggested) is really not a smart thing to do. Just because you don't feel pain doesn't mean it won't hurt your healing process. You guys are too smart to do that, I know. But it does get tempting when you get soooooo hungry. As said before, keep your eye on the prize.

You guys are doing awesome. Welcome to bandland. lol

I feel good! My dietician allows me to eat anything drinkable (except applesauce, pudding, cream of wheat, oatmeal until day 22), so I feel very fortunate to stick to that. I can have solid food after day 22. So, it is not as restrictive as most. Dr. Ortiz told me if I did EXACTLY what he said, I could lose up to 58 pounds in 6 months. If I didn't listen I would lose a lot less. I could also slip my band. I even have some appetite suppresants on had just in case. I'd rather have one than eat something that could cost me my band.

Thanks for you support and encouragement!

Audree

Baby Got Back,

You do so well with posting often and giving us all encouragement. I have been following your progress since before your surgery. I love reading your posts.

I am so sick of liquids already and I have over 2 weeks left to go. Does ANYONE have any suggestions besides Soup? I just remembered I can have very thin oatmeal and I am having that for dinner. I can't face another bowl of soup.

I don't seem to have much trouble in the day time with the Protein Drinks but but evening, I want something to eat!

I have said this before, Thank God for the internet! :)

Baby Got Back,

You do so well with posting often and giving us all encouragement. I have been following your progress since before your surgery. I love reading your posts.

I am so sick of liquids already and I have over 2 weeks left to go. Does ANYONE have any suggestions besides Soup? I just remembered I can have very thin oatmeal and I am having that for dinner. I can't face another bowl of soup.

I don't seem to have much trouble in the day time with the Protein drinks but but evening, I want something to eat!

I have said this before, Thank God for the internet! :)

Thanks Denise!!! I really appreciate that!!!:nervous Part of my recovery is just leaving my computer open and I respond to the new posts.

Lets see, what stage are you in? My doctor is totally different with his post op. I was reading somewhere that you can have any good soup you like. I have to have liquids only,no mushies, for three weeks. I can go on solids and mushies after day 22.

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

If you are in the puree stage:

You can get the Campbells' with bacon. You can make your own kind of stew in the crock pot, chili Beans with some Skinny Cow melted in it or shredded cheese, lentils, I have also been melting skinny cow into my soup to add protein and the taste is good, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, apple sauce, pudding. Go to a Trader Joes and juste walk up and down the isles to check out new things.

I hope this helps! Audree

Hi ladies,

Glad to hear you are doing so well post-op. You will soon be past these Soup days. I hope it goes fast for you.

I had my first fill on Saturday. Today was my first day of solid food after that fill. It was.......interesting. I had a tough time for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I did get some food in at each meal though.

I had to stop eating at breakfast since I was feeling that stuck feeling after a couple of bites of fruit (cafeteria was unexpectedly closed......so no Protein available, otherwise I would have tried some scrambled egg). I had that slimey feeling in my mouth -- but never did PB. I stuck with liquids until lunchtime.

Lunch was okay......I ate slow, but it was comfortable after the first bite and a few minutes of waiting. I had a couple of bites of chicken tortilla soup before I started eating solids and I think that the hot liquid may have opened my band up a bit before I ate -- I ate the steak and salsa inside a tortilla. I skipped the tortilla as I didn't want to try that today.

Dinner was more difficult. I tried to eat little bites of chicken breast and that did not feel good. When that feeling went away, I ate the insides of an apple (did not want to try the skin today).

So, I have a bit of work to do on nutrition and getting enough protein......but considering I've been feeling under the weather the last few days and have not been getting many calories (only liquids when I felt up to it), I was just happy to get something down.

Anyway, after day 1........I'm convinced that this is hard work. I have a lot of learning to do about this band. Tomorrow I'm going to try to have some hot liquids before I eat and see if that makes those first and second bites more comfortable.

Hope I did not make you ladies hungry......It is funny because I wanted to throw in the towel tonight and just eat soup. Then, I realized that all the money I spent for this darn band would just be a waste. I'm dying to eat soup (because it is easy) and you ladies would give anything to eat food :) . The good news.....I'm not hungry and I've had very small quantities today.

The amazing thing..........for the last few days I have hardly been able to get any calories........I had my fill on Saturday which required me to fast a couple of hours before and drink liquids after. Then, I was feeling sick on Sunday and Monday and drank liquids -- but not nearly what I should have since my stomach was really queasy and I was getting afraid of getting sick. Today......I get on my scale and it has not budged since Saturday. Hard to believe, but true. My body is hanging on to every pound right now. Hopefully since I was able to eat some real food today I will see some changes on the scale soon. I did have a NSV today and was able to wear a brand new jacket that I purchased a month ago. It was too small for me at the time and I figured it would take 2-3 months for me to be able to wear it. I was able to put it on and button it up this morning. So, I'm getting smaller even if I'm not noticing it on the scale.

I'm going to head to bed soon. I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow morning and get up and go running. I'm hoping that one of you here will hold me accountable and ask me about it tomorrow :)

Kathy

Hey, I'll keep you accountable for running if you keep me accountable for getting some walking in!!!

You sound like you are doing great! I guess you just need to experiment with different foods! At least you can get full and stop!!!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Audree

Hey Audree, how are you feeling today? I am kinda hungry today but once I have Soup then I feel full. I can say I am starting to get used to it.

I walked on my treadmill for an hour last night. I walked slow at a 12* incline and kept my HR at 110-120 so I wasn't really working out... but I was moving. Have you tried doing any walking yet?

I talked to the two gals who had the surgery the same day I did and they are doing really well too. One of the girls is already down 5 lbs. So that is exciting.

I hope everyone else is having a good day today too!