Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hi ladies,

Wondering how your surgeries went?? Hope you are feeling good and everything went well. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Audree, You will probably be gone by tomorrow when I arrive at Dr. Ortiz's office for my fill. However, I'll keep my eye out for you.

Hope you get some rest and start recovering now.

Kathy

Hi everyone, I am so happy to find this thread. I started with a BMI of 36. I was banded in August, now I am a BMI of 29. w00t!

I am excited to hear of how your surgeries went too, Susan and Audree.

I had my surgery five weeks ago with a BMI of about 39. I lost 20 pounds before surgery and have lost 26 more pounds in the five weeks since surgery. I have been very careful about following the nutritional guidelines. I have been eating the required 60 grams of Protein a day, along with the 64 plus ounces of Water. I eat mostly high protein and high Calcium foods, along with fruits and vegetables. I am avoiding refined foods/sugars/starches and limiting the carbs. I do eat a little of the diet bread and wheat crackers for Fiber though. My skin and my body seem to be toning up nicely with this combination, so I am hopeful that I will avoid plastic surgery later on. Good luck with everything!!

self pay

low bmi

and losing really slow here....

but i eat no breads whatsoever--they stick like glue!

i have spurts of loss...last month i did not lose one pound, but i went down a pant size. i was totally frustrated with it.

i started working out this week when i joined the gym again. i hope to stay motivated. i really want to be in single digit pants. vanity, i know...it gets the best of me right now. i will take motivation in any form though.

Faybie and carolynNY - unbeleivable wieght loss congrats - hope it goes as fast for me. I lost 13 lbs since the 2 week preop diet and the one week since surgery.

Hope Audree and susan are doing well!!!

hi to everyone else!!

Hi all,

Hopefully we will hear from Susan and Audree soon. I know Audree wasn't sure if she would remember her password and I don't know if Susan has a computer where she is.

How is everyone else? I managed to lose 4 lbs last week! That was because of going back to work, I'm sure. It was my first week back to work since my last fill, which seems to (cross my fingers) have gotten me to my "sweet spot".

Last night was really rough though. I had tried to eat a hamburger patty earlier in the day, and that didn't work. So, smart me, later in the evening, even though I knew better, I tried some hot wings that my hubby had cooked. Unfortunately, I decide to be a pig, took to big of a bite and accidentally swallowed without chewing!

Big mistake, I was stuck and PBing for hours! Tried drinking something hot, cold, alcohol, anything I could think of. It was a bad night.

So, today and maybe tomorrow it is liquids and soft food ONLY! Luckily, yesterday I went to the store and stocked up on Soup, slim fast and cottage cheese!

I hope every one else is enjoying their weekend.

deckedout - so sorry for your tough night - but at least the doc was able to get you to your sweet spot. I dont know much about that since I wont be tightened for five weeks (6 weeks post op) but from the ther posts i heard it could take many tightenings just to find the sweet spot. so congrats. as for the wings - if you ate them slow, would they be able to go down - i thought chicken skin was a no no. I LOVE LOVE chicken wings and thought they would be forever gone to me.

also I heard from one of the other threads helpful advice that if you are really stuc - grapefruit juice helps like "liquid drano".

I think i caught a sore throat and cold - hope its snot the flu thats goig around. I was finally going to go back to work.

hope everyone else is doing well. Have a god day ladies.

Decked out... sounds like you had a rough night... Ouch!

I am in the DFW airport waiting for my flight back to Virginia Beach. My surgery went really well on Friday. I woke up and am definitely sore but they must not use narcotics in Mexico because I am wayyyyy more alert and less tired than any surgery I have had in the US. I am sure it is due to drug choice though.

As for soreness, I am pretty sore. But I would say less sore than my abdominal lipsuction 5 years ago and more sore than my gallbladder surgery in 2005. But my gallbladder surgery I was sooo out of it that I would say this overall is better. The gas pain is definitely the thing that hurts the most but it also feels like I did 1000 situps.

There wre 2 gals that were there at the same time as me having the surgery so it was really nice to have them there. We all went to the hotel together and ate dinner together. One of the girls was fluent in Spanish so that also really helped.

I have to say that I was hungry on Saturday. I had a bowl of chicken broth and that satisfied me. I have to say that I have a lot of head hunger. On the flight from Mexico to Dallas, I was business class and they served an awesome looking omelette. I had juice.

My doctor included the airfare in the price of $8000 and he flew me back business class and first class. I can say that it is worth it for the upgrade. Sitting is a little bit difficult just because of the gas I think.

Anyway, this is long so I will step off... thanks for thinking of me guys!

susan - welcome back and congrats!!!! glad to hear our not in so much pain. It will get better at any rate - I am finally feeling hman this week and will go back to work monday. did it hrt to fly - I mean the take off and landing (could be hard on a regualr stomach - let alone one that was just operated on). Wonder how audree is doing. hope she is doing well too. Stay well and keep your spirits up!! keep us posted.

Susan,

I am so glad to hear things went well. Make sure to walk a lot. that will help with the gas pains. I am sooo sorry you are hungry. I wasn't hungry for days, that helped a lot. But the head hunger was bad. I had to keep really busy to fight that off.

don't forget to drink your water! I hope the rest of your flight goes well.

Hey guys!!! I am back home and doing really good. I did vomit right after surgery because of sensitivity to anesthesia. They checked me under fluero and thank God all was great. I just feel sore and bloated. I have a lot of pressure in my abdomen I assume is gas.

I did check on the computers, but couldn't remember my password!:faint:

I am surprised how well I feel. I don't feel hungry. I am having broth, sugar free ice pops, Jello, Water, kellogg Protein water. I can have yogurt on day 4.

Thanks for being there for me!!!

How are you all doing???

Audree

Hi Ladies,

I am going to Dr Rodriguez this Thursday!~ ?Surgery on Fri the 12th, which is a change from what I previously thought. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I was just wondering has anyone ever heard that you should not be on the pill before surgery? Any body know why?

Any one else going under on Fri?

Glad to hear everyone is hanging in there that are newly banded.

Take Care

Sara