Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hey skinnymom, I know I really should be on the low calorie diet to defat my liver. I am going to talk to my doctor tomorrow to see what they say about the fact that I haven't done so great on the diet. I have definitely eaten better but I would NOT say that it is low calorie.

I thought I would do better but I just haven't gotten my mind right about it. I hope I am not going to be one of the people this surgery doesn't work for....

Big sigh

Hey guys, my pre-op diet is a flop so far. I am eating better but I am supposed to be doing liquid diet. Ummm not doing so well with that. I know I won't eat Thursday night or Friday since it is surgery day... but I am feeling crappy about how I have done so far on the diet.

Good for me though, went on a not quite 9 mile bike ride today, so that is something.

Hey Supergenius:

I was doing so well. Today I was out all day. I had eggs, lean bacon and potatoes for Breakfast. lunch was shrimp a small serving of fries. I didn't have my Lean Cuisines, but I had small portions and my choices were pretty lean. I feel crappy too about messing up. But, I don't think it will affect me since I am not pigging out on fast food like I was.

Audree

Ok Audree,

Where are you. I rode my bike for 30 minutes today. Woohoo.

I know you only have a couple more days. I am so excited for you!!!!

Hey! I was out all day with my mom and my daughter. I had to eat out instead of eating my Lean Cuisines. :faint: I am getting NERVOUS!!!!

Audree

Audree,

Take a soft pillow with you to the Lucerna. The beds there are hard as rocks! (It's not really a 5 star hotel) Also, order the chicken broth and Jello post-surgery...it is yummy!

Good luck!

Hang in there Audree,

It is so worth it. You will have a great trip going to TJ. I went to a different doc in Mexico and we had a blast. It was a great experience. I know yours will be too. Just remember what you are going to look like in 6 months. And how much better you are going to feel.

Thanks Boo for the 411 on the soft pillow. Can you ask for extra blankets to make the bed softer?

Julestwu: Is there anything you suggest for me to do while I am there? Where did you go and what did you do for fun? Were you really able to go walking around the day after surgery? Also, a friend of mine said not to tell them when you are crossing the boarder, that you were here to see a doctor. She said they may check you for meds. What did you do?

Supergenius: I CAN'T BELILEVE I AM DOING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe my life is about to change. What I have waited and longed for, for so long. I am sick today. I am hoping that I am better on my surgery date. Damn, why did I have to get sick? I am having tea, Water, Air Bornne and chicken broth. I feel a little better today. This will be my third day sick. I thought I had strep throat, but strep only gets worse not better and my throat is feeling better today.

How are we all doing???? Give a shout out!!!! Audree

Julestwu: Is there anything you suggest for me to do while I am there? Where did you go and what did you do for fun? Were you really able to go walking around the day after surgery? Also, a friend of mine said not to tell them when you are crossing the boarder, that you were here to see a doctor. She said they may check you for meds. What did you do?

Audree

Audree,

My sister went with me for support. While I was having my surgery, she and the other spouses and the patient coordinator went out to eat and shopping. I was walking around the hospital just a couple of hours after surgery. I was walking slow, but it sure helps the gas from surgery. I walked around about every 30 minutes or so, but partly for the company. We befriended the others that had surgery that day and walked together. As far as passing the border with the meds, the patient coordinator was driving us and she showed our meds to the guy. It was no big deal. The doc gave us the box the band comes in and it had all our stuff in it. Meds, paperwork, etc.

I had BCBS until today, but I didn't have a 12 month diet history they required. Beginning Jan 1, I will have UHC, which requires a 5 year history of BMI > 40. I have a 5 year history of BMI > 35, but not 40. Does anyone know how strict they are about the 40 BMI requirement?

If you have one or more co-morbidities they should let you get the surgery based on medical necessity once your bmi is between 35-40. Check into it.

I had some Wolfgang Pucks Gourmet chicken broth today for Breakfast since I have a sore throat (not banded yet) and I kid you not, about 1/2 hour after,my hands started to swell up and my rings are tight!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I know it is higher in sodium, like 720 gm for a cup, but I didn't expect that!!! It was very, very, very tasty, but if you don' want to retain Water, I'd stay away from it unless you really need something different.

I am also going to try a South Beach Diet frozen meal, instead of Lean Cuisine. Someone gave me this advice. I am super sensitive to carbs and my appetite is off the charts. It looks really good. It is the Pasta made with whole grain wheat with roasted bell peppers and brocolli. Only 30 calories, 23 grams of Protein, 8 grams Fiber and 13 grams of fat. I little higher in fat than Lean Cuisine, but more Protein and Fiber.

I told the patient care coordinator about my cold and she said it would be fine. She also said Dr. Ortiz only uses the regular bands, not the new Advanced Profile band. He does use the low profile/mini port and no extra cost.

How are we all doing? Audree

I bought the Stawberry Kiwi and samples on the other flavors. I can't wait to try them and let you all know how they taste!!!

Here is some info on them.

<TABLE cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width="48%">Syntrax Presents:

Nectar

Best Tasting Protein!</TD><TD width="22%">

nectar.jpg

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="30%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=120 bgColor=#333399 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>topbord.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle><TABLE cellPadding=3 width="96%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

This works well with:

>99 Thermocore

>MyoLean EFX

>Cheaters Relief

>Lipovar 8

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>botbord.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>

Fruit juice Flavored whey With No Carbs Or Fat!

Welcome to the critically acclaimed world of Nectar! Gone are the days of low quality whey Protein. Gone are the days of those blah-tasting Protein Drinks that promise much but deliver little. Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP> once-and-for-all breaks the mold by combining Promina, the highest quality whey Protein isolate ever developed, with a flavoring system that is so fruitilicious that you will never drink another whey Protein Shake ever again. If you like the refreshing taste of fruit juice, you'll love Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP>! fruit.jpg With its mouthwatering fruit juice flavors, Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP> is truly a Protein Drink you will look forward to drinking each and every day. Whether it be Apple Ecstasy, Very Cherry berry, caribbean cooler, or strawberry Kiwi, Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP> will keep you coming back for more. What's more? Well, we did something totally amazing by engineering Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP> to be so delicious that you can eat it right out of the container. Imagine putting a Protein Powder in your mouth and it tasting like candy. Imagine this protein powder having zero carbs and zero fat. Stop imagining! We've brought you Nectar<SUP>TM</SUP>! Order today using our 100% secure server and get it at the lowest prices in the world with our fast, inexpensive 2 - 3 day shipping! NOBODY beats our overall price!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am feelling better. I had some liquid B12 and I have been taking Airbornee. My appetite is back, so I know I am getting better. I am really enjoying my South Beach Diet meals. They are really tasty!!! YUM YUM

I am going to start to pack. Any last minute suggestions?

Audree

I am so psyched Audree... I am packing tonght too. I went to the bookstore to get some books to read tonight. Going to get my GasX and liquid Tyelenol tonight.

Hey guys, good luck on Friday, I can only imagine how excited you guys must be. Audree, please let me know how the nectar is. I am interested to know what the texture and flavor is like. Did you buy this online?? Thanks.

Becca

Hey guys, good luck on Friday, I can only imagine how excited you guys must be. Audree, please let me know how the nectar is. I am interested to know what the texture and flavor is like. Did you buy this online?? Thanks.

Becca

I AM NERVOUS!!!! I can't even believe it!

I will let you know how they are. I bought a big one of the strawberry Kiwi and samples of all the others. I bought them on Bodybuilding.com and looked under nectar. I have heard it tastes really fruity, like juice. I can't wait. I enjoy my vanilla Protein, but I really like fruity tastes and I bet they can be frozen and be like an ice cream! You add Water and ice. You don't have to use milk or soy milk. Maybe a little splash of juice. I can't wait to start making my little recipes.

Audree