Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hey Audree, how are you feeling today? I am kinda hungry today but once I have Soup then I feel full. I can say I am starting to get used to it.

I walked on my treadmill for an hour last night. I walked slow at a 12* incline and kept my HR at 110-120 so I wasn't really working out... but I was moving. Have you tried doing any walking yet?

I talked to the two gals who had the surgery the same day I did and they are doing really well too. One of the girls is already down 5 lbs. So that is exciting.

I hope everyone else is having a good day today too!

Hey Susan!!!

I am feeling very well today! I feel super restricted in the morning and last night I felt very restricted. I had a cup of coffee with soy milk in the morning. Right now I am sipping on a liquid yougurt (7 oz) and it is taking me over 1/2 hour. I did get out to go shopping and walked in there. I was feeling weak due to the low calorie intake.I calculated yesterdays calories and it was like 740 calories and 26 ounces of Protein. So, it has been even less than that since Saturday.

I am taking my Liquid Glacial Milk Vitamins and Vitamin Water (150 calories). I am journaling my intake in the LBT journal. I bought some Anderson's Split Pea soup (creamy). I can't wait to eat some! I am full, but I can't wait to taste it!!!!

Do you wake up feeling like someone is squeezing your stomach??? I do. I feel like that at night too so far. I feel like I want to burp and can't and that is a little uncomfortable when it happens. Otherwise,I sleep on my stomach very comfortably and move easily.

I'd like to go around the block later. I wish I had a treadmill, but I have an elyptical and can't use it for 3 weeks.

How are you doing?

How is everyone else doing???

Audree

Kathy,

Mornings are really tight for me, and from your post, it sounds like the same may be true for you. Don't push it. Here is what I eat in a day to keep things from backing up. I have had to do this since my last fill, before that, I thought I was tight enough because I would PB after lunch about 2 times a week.

Morning: I start with bottle of Water. Then I either drink a slimfast, eat a yougurt, or some oatmeal. Then, after an hour, more water.

Lunch: Soup, then cottage cheese with fruit. If I have a lot of time to eat, I might do some chicken salad with crackers, but I have to be able to eat very slowly. More water.

Afternoon: yogurt or more cottage cheese

Dinner: basically, anything I want following bandster rules with the protien first. Last night I had Kalbasha and chili.

All evening I drink water. I have replaced my diet pepsi successfully with bottled water.

Because mornings are so tight for me I have to stick to the rules, otherwise, I'm miserable. But, I make sure all my choices have protien and because I'm tight, even the liquids fill me up. FOr the oatmeal, I have bought the kind with extra protien, I can't remember the name, or I add Flax seed to what I have which gives it extra protien.

I am also thinking of ordering some stuff from bariaticeating.com in order to make sure I'm getting enough protien because I know some days I am not and since I exercise everyday, I really need the Protein.< /p>

Audree and Susan, a warning about watching TV during this time, it seems like EVERY other commerical is about food. That can really add to the head hunger, I know it did for me. YOu are both doing great. Keep it up!

I'm home sick today with a terrible cold. First time all year I have really been sick. I am so greatful that the cold companies have come out with so many different cold medicines that aren't in pill form, as I would be worried that the pills might get stuck. So, I am drinking Theraflu for colds and taking little strips for my cough.

I had a lot of different Soups that I put in the blender to get the chunks out. It doesn't always make them look very pretty, but they taste great and go down fine.

In the beginning, you have a lot of swelling and it feels like restriction. It will go down over the next week or so. You will then be in what is called "bandsters hell". You will be starving on the liquids. Just hang in there. It really does get better.

Take care.

Kathy,

Mornings are really tight for me, and from your post, it sounds like the same may be true for you. Don't push it. Here is what I eat in a day to keep things from backing up. I have had to do this since my last fill, before that, I thought I was tight enough because I would PB after lunch about 2 times a week.

Morning: I start with bottle of Water. Then I either drink a slimfast, eat a yougurt, or some oatmeal. Then, after an hour, more water.

Lunch: Soup, then cottage cheese with fruit. If I have a lot of time to eat, I might do some chicken salad with crackers, but I have to be able to eat very slowly. More water.

Afternoon: yogurt or more cottage cheese

Dinner: basically, anything I want following bandster rules with the protien first. Last night I had Kalbasha and chili.

All evening I drink water. I have replaced my diet pepsi successfully with bottled water.

Because mornings are so tight for me I have to stick to the rules, otherwise, I'm miserable. But, I make sure all my choices have protien and because I'm tight, even the liquids fill me up. FOr the oatmeal, I have bought the kind with extra protien, I can't remember the name, or I add Flax seed to what I have which gives it extra protien.

I am also thinking of ordering some stuff from bariaticeating.com in order to make sure I'm getting enough protien because I know some days I am not and since I exercise everyday, I really need the Protein.< /p>

Audree and Susan, a warning about watching TV during this time, it seems like EVERY other commerical is about food. That can really add to the head hunger, I know it did for me. YOu are both doing great. Keep it up!

I'm home sick today with a terrible cold. First time all year I have really been sick. I am so greatful that the cold companies have come out with so many different cold medicines that aren't in pill form, as I would be worried that the pills might get stuck. So, I am drinking Theraflu for colds and taking little strips for my cough.

Wow!! The way you describe yourself, the tightness, is the way I feel right now and I was wondering if it stays this way. I a super restricted in the morning and in the afternoon.

Were you restricted like this in the morning and afternoon after surgery? It sounds like what I am experiencing is equivalent to a good fill.

Audree

I had a lot of different Soups that I put in the blender to get the chunks out. It doesn't always make them look very pretty, but they taste great and go down fine.

In the beginning, you have a lot of swelling and it feels like restriction. It will go down over the next week or so. You will then be in what is called "bandsters hell". You will be starving on the liquids. Just hang in there. It really does get better.

Take care.

My friend said she felt this restriction almost till her 6 week fill time. I am praying it is like that for me. My liquid phase is only 3 weeks and on day 22 I can eat solids.

Audree

Yeah, I was pretty tight after surgery. Never even got hungry for at least the first week. But, that goes away pretty quickly, then you spend the time in "bandster hell" trying to get back to that feeling again.

I think I am there now, although I think about food still, and right after surgery I really didn't think about it. I would smell something good and the smell would be enough. Now, I would want to taste it.

Enjoy the feeling now. It well be gone. but, once you get good restriction, it will be great.

Yeah, I was pretty tight after surgery. Never even got hungry for at least the first week. But, that goes away pretty quickly, then you spend the time in "bandster hell" trying to get back to that feeling again.

I think I am there now, although I think about food still, and right after surgery I really didn't think about it. I would smell something good and the smell would be enough. Now, I would want to taste it.

Enjoy the feeling now. It well be gone. but, once you get good restriction, it will be great.

You are right about the commercials!! Make my mouth Water. I am feeling even tighter just with water, like up in my throat. I feel like I have a really tight corset on.

I have some appetite suppresants on hand "just in case". I don't want to pb and think taking an appetite suppresant is better than eating something and PBing. They are capsules I can pull apart and it is powder. Also, my bandster hell only lasts 3 weeks!!!! I am very grateful for that. So only 2 weeks and 2 days to go!!!!!

Audree

I am definitely hungrier today, but I am sort of getting used to it. As long as I keep sipping something, Water, Soup, whatever... then I feel like I am doing something.

I am pretty well getting about 1000 calories a day in... and I don't want to go less than that because I don't want my metabolism to shut down. That is also why I am keeping up with the treadmill.

Deckedout, the TV is really hard. For some reason I am jonesing over pizza and every other commercial is a pizza commercial. Every other craving I seem to be handling fine for now. I am pretty sure that I am going to be pretty freaking hungry by next week though, like you all say. I will say that fear of consequences is a pretty motivating factor to not eat and I am guessing that fear will remain with me for the next couple of weeks.

Hey Guys,

I am going on my third week tomorrow and am starting to feel better and better every day. I think my swelling is starting to go down finally. The feeling that you have to burp, well; I still have that feeling and burp terriable long burps all the time. I feel so unlady like. I never did this before. I have not been drinking a much as I should. If I feel hungery; I drink about 1/2 a glass I feel full again. I am loving my band. I had 1/4 cup of oatmeal for Breakfast and small bean burrito with red chili sauce on it for lunch and am having patato and hamburg for supper. I am sticking to meals only. I should be getting more Protein but it is hard. The stomach pain is starting to go away as well.

I hope you are all doing well and hope we can all start exercising more soon. That will be the key.

The good news is I am at 198 from 217. I am on my way.

Madden

Hey Guys,

I am going on my third week tomorrow and am starting to feel better and better every day. I think my swelling is starting to go down finally. The feeling that you have to burp, well; I still have that feeling and burp terriable long burps all the time. I feel so unlady like. I never did this before. I have not been drinking a much as I should. If I feel hungery; I drink about 1/2 a glass I feel full again. I am loving my band. I had 1/4 cup of oatmeal for breakfast and small bean burrito with red chili sauce on it for lunch and am having patato and hamburg for supper. I am sticking to meals only. I should be getting more Protein but it is hard. The stomach pain is starting to go away as well.

I hope you are all doing well and hope we can all start exercising more soon. That will be the key.

The good news is I am at 198 from 217. I am on my way.

Madden

Wow, congrats on the weight loss!!!!19 pounds gone forever!!!!:clap2:

I have not weighed myself yet and don't know if I want to. I have to do liquids for 3 weeks and can start on solids/mushies on day 22. Did your doctor let you advance sooner?? Lucky you! It seems like all doctors vary so much. I was just able to have creamy split pea Soup, 15 oz. Because it was warm, it went down nice. But, I feel super full all the way to my throat. Did I over do it??? It just tasted soooo good and I didn't feel uncomfortable when eating it? I definitely need to get at least 1000 calories because I have been weak due to such low calories, under 750 a day since last Friday.

What are your favorite Soups, liquid, smoothie ideas?

Can we call our our stats? Preanded, banded, weight loss, how long did it take, average pounds lost a week, anything else interesting about yourself?? Any pictures???

Audree

My doctors list:

Week Two: I could have

Cottage cheese

low fat yogurt

summer squash

applesauce

cream Soups

tofu

zucchini

pears

eggs(poached, scrambled, soft boiled) blended vegetables

peaches

I just chew really, really, well.

Week Three;

Canned tuna or chicken baked fish

cooked carrots banana

cauliflower patato brown rice

sweet potato hot ceral

a few other things

Week 4

Mostly everything. Protein yea.

I am finally starting my week 4

Everydoctor is different. I have also had 1/4 piece of garlic bread and did okay with it. I feel great. I think the key is not to overeat. I feel it in my throat when I am full.

I know I need to throw on a picture and update all my stuff. I just am still working on it. I am having my hysto on 1/18/07 and am trying to get things done around the house.

Madden

I also wanted to add that on my 2nd week. I ate 1 scrambled egg once a day for a meal and cottage cheese for the others. I felt real full off of this.

Madden.

I also wanted to add that on my 2nd week. I ate 1 scrambled egg once a day for a meal and cottage cheese for the others. I felt real full off of this.

Madden.

Wow, you got to eat early! I bet I will be wishing I could be eating those things soon! I feel full to my throat on the Soup so I guess that means I am full. It feels really weird and I have never felt this before.

So, how do you know when to stop to not PB?

Audree

The doctor said to east 1/4 cup my first 3 weeks so that is what I do. I just stop and if you wait 15 min you will feel full. I am now up to 1/2 cup of food and just only eat that. I don't dare overdue it. I am scared of a band slippage. If you are still hungrey in 15min have a few sips of your Protein Shake. Try to drink up to three a day. Protein heals the body. I mixed mine with skim milk so it really feels me up. I don't think that I am feeling hunger I think it is just my stomach and gas. I will let you guy know if I overdue it because I hate pain and I heard overeating with the band hurts.

Madden

The doctor said to east 1/4 cup my first 3 weeks so that is what I do. I just stop and if you wait 15 min you will feel full. I am now up to 1/2 cup of food and just only eat that. I don't dare overdue it. I am scared of a band slippage. If you are still hungrey in 15min have a few sips of your Protein Shake. Try to drink up to three a day. Protein heals the body. I mixed mine with skim milk so it really feels me up. I don't think that I am feeling hunger I think it is just my stomach and gas. I will let you guy know if I overdue it because I hate pain and I heard overeating with the band hurts.

Madden

How much could you eat if it was liquid? Did you do 1/4 a cup of liquids too? Or 1/4 cup of solids?

Audree