Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I'm eight weeks out and am hovering around 20 pounds lost, but it has pretty much stayed the same for the last two weeks. I have 4 ccs in my 10 cc band and my next appointment is July 18. I'm not miserable by any means -- I'm not that hungry but I don't limit how much I eat. I just take it slow and fill up faster and stay satisfied longer. I haven't had any negative side effects and I've tried a lot of "problem foods" so I don't think I have much restriction.

I'm glad for this thread because y'all remind me that low-BMI folks probably won't lose as quickly as others. Thanks! :rolleyes:

just Curious, What Is Quickslim 30? I Am At A Plateau Right Now, And Need Something To Quickstart Things Up Again. Of Course I Just Had A Fill Last Friday. I Can Only Have About 3 To 5 Bites Of food Now. Not Sure If That Is My "sweet Spot" Or Not. But I Guess I Need To Wait And See If I Will Start Losing Again.

For me, it helped me with my metabolism, detoxed me, curbed my appetite, reduced cravings, etc.

There is also a link to the site at my posts.

I ATE!!!! And I am bloated, premenstrual, but I am still working out with weight training 3 times a week and cardio 2 times a week.

I am up a few pounds and have not taken my QuickSlim30 for about a month. But, I am proud of myself that I didn't gain like I normally did. But, no restriction!!!!

I have 3 cc in a 4 cc band and don't really have restriction, maybe a few days out of the month now.

But, thank God for my QuickSlim30 or else I'd be crying!!

I am almost 90 days out and I am down 22 pounds. THis is nice but was hoping for more.

AudricIan- keep your chin up - I had my third fill today (now at 6ccs in a 10cc band) and I am hoping for restriction. I have only had one painful experience (eating too fast and too much) but no sliming. Having the surgery in early Oct and still being able to eat more than I would like is very frustrating but I keep telling myself that at least I have not gained weight which is what always happens to me during the holidays.

I almost told a friend after some wine on XMAS eve and was so glad that I didnt. I feel for you.

I scheduled my first fill for Jan 8th. I thought I sabotaged myself over Chirstmas but, I have actually lost another pound :clap2:. I get so worried that it just isn't going to work for me like it does others. I guess I need to realize that I am not eating nearly as much in a day as I used to. I have not began exercising yet, I have never been too good at that. Hopefully as I get thinner I will feel better about going to the gym with all the skinnies.

My sister in law hasn't spread the news to anyone yet. If she tells her mom then I am for sure screwed!! I am not sure what I was thinking, must have been that spiked egg nog I was drinking!

Can't wait for my first fill, I am ready to get this show on the road!

I am scheduled for surgery on !/15/08 and am excited but nervous. I am 56 with a BMI of 30.5. Any lower and the Dr. could not do the lap band. As many of you have done, I have lost and gained 20 to 45 lbs over and over again. I just cannot maintain it. It has gotten harder and harder to motivate myself to loose. :help:I now need to loose 53 lbs. Are there others in my age group that have gone through the process?

I'm 52 with 58 to lose initially. My BMI was 35. I'm sick of focusing so much of my time and energy on the topic of weight loss! I was banded November 1 and I'm feeling great! I've *only* lost about 20 pounds but it has been easy to do so I'm not complaining. I'll get my second fill next month.

Be sure to check out the thread for folks in their 50s and good luck!

Longhorn,

10lbs a month would be fantastic if I know it will be gone forever. How long were you on a liquid diet after surgery and how did you feel the first few days?

My doctor's post-op diet is two weeks Clear liquids and Protein drinks (Low-Carb SlimFast was okay) followed by four weeks full liquids/pureed foods followed by soft foods until five months after surgery. I pretty much quit losing when I got to soft foods but I knew that would probably happen.

I had a couple of days of occasional discomfort but was back to work on Tuesday after my Thursday surgery. I was a bit weak and tired for the first ten days and tried to take it easy. But by the second weekend, I was feeling great and have ever since.

I am scheduled for surgery on !/15/08 and am excited but nervous. I am 56 with a BMI of 30.5. Any lower and the Dr. could not do the lap band. As many of you have done, I have lost and gained 20 to 45 lbs over and over again. I just cannot maintain it. It has gotten harder and harder to motivate myself to loose. :help:I now need to loose 53 lbs. Are there others in my age group that have gone through the process?

You are close to my age. I had a little bit more to lose than you want to lose.

My advice is just be patient. It gets frustrating and hard when the scale doesn't move for awhile. I sometimes went months and the scale didn't move. Then all of a sudden, I would drop 5 lbs. The best thing is, the band is still there, and I can keep losing at whatever pace it wants to come off, if I follow the rules.

IAre there others in my age group that have gone through the process?

Welcome and good luck, LKM. I am 58 and really enjoy this thread: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/how-weight-loss-people-over-50-a-21117/

Happy New Year everyone!

It looks like its been a year since you posted and i'm wondering how you all are doing. I started with a bmi of 38. i was banded 10/29/07 and have only lost 12 pounds in two months. I had my first fill on 12/18 and i feel some restriction but can still eat a lot. Its just scarier to eat because i never know when something is going to get stuck and give me pain. Please take a moment and write back with your progress. thanks

It looks like its been a year since you posted and i'm wondering how you all are doing. I started with a bmi of 38. i was banded 10/29/07 and have only lost 12 pounds in two months. I had my first fill on 12/18 and i feel some restriction but can still eat a lot. Its just scarier to eat because i never know when something is going to get stuck and give me pain. Please take a moment and write back with your progress. thanks

I think you must have just read the first page! This is an active thread with new posts nearly every day. If you read through the pages, you'll see plenty of progress! Good luck!

:thinkWell ITS BEEN almost 2 yrs since I was banded in TJ. I started out. I had a lot of ups and downs the first yr..then exactly 1 yr to the date I had a slip.. Had to pay for that one out of my pocket,,, as I was self paid for the org surg...3/29/06. Slip was fixed on 3/39/07...so lets see 8000 plus 5000 is 13000.. So now I have Tricare West approving lap band surg which they didnt when I had my org surg done.. Even so I didnt meet their requirements.. I was 32 BMI.. I was just tired of gaining 10 pds every yr.. LIKE alot of us.. Anyway I am a federal employee so I enrolled in a PPO BCBS for me only not my husband, now I have coverage for the band in case I have port problems or erosion or whatever else goes wrong,, BUt NOW I can get my fills and not have to pay for them.. and so started out at st 178 and I am holding at wt 129, but I am unfilled at this point and have gained 10pds in 5 months,, I was sick and was not keeping anything down so the Dr. unfilled me and kept me unfilled, which is ok but now I am ready for a small fill.

I had no idea that if your unfilled that the BAND CAN still give you some restriction.. Dr didnt tell me this,, but this group did..... SO I am ready to go into 2008 with a slight fill and hopefully have a good yr...

with the band.. This band is good for me and I dont want to ever loose it.

I have a goal weight of 125 that I want to maintain... I will have to see what this new yr brings me.. I love this group and hope to learn new things this coming yr from all of your posts.

3/29/06

178.125/129

slip fixed

3/29/07

Dr. Lopez Corvala

TJ

Diane in San Diego Happy New yr to alll:clap2::):embarassed::notagree:rolleyes:rolleyes: