Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

You are getting your band on my birthday!

I lost 22 lbs during the first four weeks that I was on the Liquid Protein diet.

I don't know about anyone else, but that was when I lost the most weight.Once I moved back to food, it's been a struggle.

I paid out of pocket though, so I think that is a big motivator to stick with it and eat what I am supposed to.

I hope to loose 22lbs in the first four.:) You know when ever a diet said you could loose say 5lbs I would only loose 1 lb So I have this sort of scared feeling that, that may happen with this....all the reading of everyones posting has sure helped ease that feeling a little.

I am also self pay at TLBC so I better make it work.:faint:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON OCTOBER 25

Thanks for the post

Take Care

18 Again:clap2:

Actually I lied about my height. I have 5'4 and told them I was 5'2 they didnt ask to measure me. I also wore very heavy clothes for my initial weigh....

Laughing here because I made sure I was not standing up straight, and low and behold, I was an inch shorter than I thought. Also I accidentally had some deep sea fishing weights that I forgot were in my pocket.

I too had co-morbidities and even though I met all the insurance requirements with BMI of 35, they still did not pay because my insurance required a BMI of 35 for the PAST five years.

I just accepted it and paid out of pocket. My labs and health have dramatically improved and I don't regret a minute of paying for this surgery.

I was banded in March 07 and I am 5'1" and was at 210. I'm now at 165 and a size 12/14 which looks good but still a little big on such a short body. I'd like to get to a 6 or 8 so I guess that will be another 20-25 lbs. But I've been at this weight for about 2 months now because I've slipped back into old eatting habits and no exercise. I'd love this thread as support. Jeanie

Laughing here because I made sure I was not standing up straight, and low and behold, I was an inch shorter than I thought. Also I accidentally had some deep sea fishing weights that I forgot were in my pocket.

I too had co-morbidities and even though I met all the insurance requirements with BMI of 35, they still did not pay because my insurance required a BMI of 35 for the PAST five years.

I just accepted it and paid out of pocket. My labs and health have dramatically improved and I don't regret a minute of paying for this surgery.

My BMI was a 35.5 (granted I lied 2 inches about my height). But I have rhematoid arthritus, Polycistic Ovaries. I was approved within 2 months. I know I got lucky, because I have seen so many that took much longer or never got approval. If I would have had to pay for it, I know I would have.

They added .3 ccs on Mon. but I don't feel any different. I know it sometimes takes time to feel a fill so I'll hang out a little while before I start complaining again! I was up 3 lbs. however, good thing that I went in to get it done. I can't even believe that I gained anything with how hard I work out. That kind of freaks me out. I know I'm eating less. It would be motivating to get under 200lb at least. This process is very slow. Is there anyone out there who lost nothing or extremely little at the beginning and then lost a lot?

No,it doesn't make me feel jittery at all. I am very sensitive I cant even drink coffee or my heart races. It has green tea in it but not enough to make me feel it. It gives me more of a natural energy type feeling.

I am down to 150 now. Only 5 pounds to go to my goal.

QuickSlim-30 does it make your heart race like diet pills? I have HB and can't take anything like that. In 12 weeks I have lost 17 lbs total. I too am a lower BMI and need some help.

Hey guys!!!

I finally have the internet back at home!!!!:clap2:

It was so frustrating not to have it!!

I am down to 150, only 5 pounds to go!!!

The manufacture of the QuickSlim30 was so impressed with the results I told them I got, that they are letting me sell them now!!!

Audree

Audree, What have you been eating these days. I have found I can't lose unless I do around 800 calories per day plus exercise.

I have been drinking 120 cal. Protein Drinks for dinner. That seems to have gotten my weight loss going again.

Hi all!

I would love to join you if you dont mind another newbie ( who will doubtless have a lot of questions that you have answered like a thousand times before)

I laughed when I read the posts about height , I knocked an inch off my height even though I was self pay just to make sure that I got approval.

I have put myself under a lot of pressure cos I have got a full Tummy Tuck booked for Feb next year (long story) and the PS wants me to have shifted 20-25kg by then.

I am already struggling as my appitite is returning ( oh boy is it returning) and I am feeling very discouraged that I am having to REALLY use self control ( not my strong point)

Any helpful tips will be welcomed!!!

NIna xx

Audree, What have you been eating these days. I have found I can't lose unless I do around 800 calories per day plus exercise.

I have been drinking 120 cal. Protein drinks for dinner. That seems to have gotten my weight loss going again.

I have been eating pretty good, around 1200-1400 calories a day.

I am using my staionary bike a few times a week too!

Audree

I'm 5'8" and on the day of surgery I weighed 215. I was a self pay in Mexico. I'm just now having my first problem :( Woke up Monday not even being able to swallow Water. Complete restriction. Could this be due to a slip? I've PB'd pretty much the entire time since surgery as there's some times I eat badly. Any advice would be most welcome. Again, I haven't kept up on the latest with the band as I'm so far post-op so I can't remember what a slip causes... I now weigh between 140-145 so it worked really well. Took a little over a year.

Hi all!

I would love to join you if you dont mind another newbie ( who will doubtless have a lot of questions that you have answered like a thousand times before)

I laughed when I read the posts about height , I knocked an inch off my height even though I was self pay just to make sure that I got approval.

I have put myself under a lot of pressure cos I have got a full Tummy Tuck booked for Feb next year (long story) and the PS wants me to have shifted 20-25kg by then.

I am already struggling as my appitite is returning ( oh boy is it returning) and I am feeling very discouraged that I am having to REALLY use self control ( not my strong point)

Any helpful tips will be welcomed!!!

NIna xx

Hi Nina, dont be scared to ask us anything. Thats why we are here for questions, answers and of course to just shoot the breeze.....You will love it here...When did you have your surgery???