Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hey Jules,

I am a 6'3 guy about to get the lap band done this month and wanted to say Hi. You are the first posting I have seen where you mentioned your height so I am sure that you got alot of "you carry the weight well" type responses. How was the experience and being tall, any unusual?

I get that comment as a 5'8" female! :(

Hey Y'all...

I am being banded on WEds, 10/31. I was not placed on a pre-surgery diet, so tomorrow is the first and only day that I am having to "restrict" myself. I have to say that I am SICK of food! I have been on a tour of all my favorite restaurants and I feel bloated and READY for surgery.

Anyway, please pray for me!

Thanks alot,

Ginny

Hey Y'all...

I am being banded on WEds, 10/31. I was not placed on a pre-surgery diet, so tomorrow is the first and only day that I am having to "restrict" myself. I have to say that I am SICK of food! I have been on a tour of all my favorite restaurants and I feel bloated and READY for surgery.

Anyway, please pray for me!

Thanks alot,

Ginny

Good luck, Ginny! Let us know how things went as soon as you are able. See you in bandland.

I have been one of those people who have lost very slow no matter what I have try to do to loose weight.I was banded 7/12 of this year and to this date have only lost 10 pounds. It is almost emberssing to write this. I have had 2 fill about a month apart. I do eat less but I am sad that I have not had the weight lost I thought I would.

I was banded on 8/29 and have absolutely NO REGRETS! I have lost about 24 pounds so far, but most of that was in the first 6 weeks. I've had a 1cc fill but am HUNGRY. Wish I were losing as quickly as I was early on, but I think with my next fill I will have more restriction and then I'll be on the downward slide again.

I used a supplement when I was first banded called QuickSlim30 to help me with the hunger. It ended up really facilitating my weight loss.

Lots of people don't hit there "sweet spot" for 3-5 fills, which means the place of really good restriction. That means you have to deal with the hunger and still being able to over eat enough so that weight loss is really slow or none.

Hello Everyone.

6'3 Male, 270-280 weight.

I was happy to find a thread that had low BMI lap band people that I can relate to. I never thought that I would not be fat enough to qualify for surgery but that was almost the case. I have a BMI of right at 34.5 but since I have high BP and other ailments I was approved. I am self pay so that is also going to be a challenge if I have complications. My main concern right now is that I don't see people that have my body type getting the surgery. People that weigh 400 pounds are happy getting to the weight that I am at now. I am not trying to be mean so please don't take it that way. I have 70 pounds to lose and the last time I got really motivated I got down to 250 only to jump back up to 284. So this is a tool that I will be using to level the playing field. Does anyone have before and after pics of someone that has taken their fitness to the next level and got their BMI to average level. I wonder if I can lose my 70 pounds and build muscle. BabygotBack is looking pretty good so that is encouraging. Thanks for your time.

Thanks!!! I have gone from 190 to 150 and I love it!!!

I am just starting to work out and adding weight training.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Audree

I still haven't found my sweet spot. I was way too tight and throwing up a lot so I had some taken out. Now I am back to being able to eat whatever I want. I just try to make good choices and eat right. It's such a fine line between being too tight and being just right.

I had lost 55 lbs but I went on an eating frenzy last week because it was my birthday. It seemed like every single person I knew wanted to take me out to dinner. I didn't weigh this morning, but I know I will take off whatever I gained. I want to lose 15 more lbs. If I have trouble losing again, I will have to break down and get another fill.

Ginny, you will be in my prayers!!!

I wouldn't be able to get another fill, since I get stuck so often and slime. I could barely eat today, since it is my TOM. I ate a little fish in the afternoon and got stuck and started sliming.

I have 3 cc's in my 4 cc band and I can't have anymore unless I wanted to pb all the time.

It isn't good to eat too low calories for too long since it makes your metabolism go down and be slow.

I was like that too, Audree. I was pbing and sliming all the time. I finally decided to get some taken out. I made him promise he was only going to take out a tiny bit. The other night at one of my birthday dinners, I even ate a piece of bread. I have no idea how much he took out, but apparently, it was too much.

Sooverit, I'm getting banded this Fri! I know what you mean about out of control eating. I was badly, badly out of control for literally the past 6 months. It was just getting worse to the point where I either had to get my jaws wired shut or the lapband. I just could not control my eating. With the pre-op diet I knew I had to be strict for medical reasons. So somehow I'm doing it. At first I lost 6 pounds and then stopped losing. I thought if I'm on a bloody liquid diet I better be losing. My hubby said calories are calories, so instead of having 3 Protein Shakes and soup/popsicles/juice in between, I cut down to 3 Protein shakes and maybe a cup of V8 juice a day and have been losing 1 pound a day. I'm just trying to lose as much as I can as quickly as I can because I have a feeling with the band on my metabolism is going to go way down and I've only got a small window of time before it shuts down completely. The pre-op diet was very hard for the first day or two but then I actually got used to it - and this is someone who never gets used to any kind of diet, believe me. The trick is (and I know you've heard it before) to drink lots of Water, lots and lots, and it does help fill you up. Well, at least you don't get hunger pains. You still feel kind of empty but your stomach's not making noises.

Linda

I was like that too, Audree. I was pbing and sliming all the time. I finally decided to get some taken out. I made him promise he was only going to take out a tiny bit. The other night at one of my birthday dinners, I even ate a piece of bread. I have no idea how much he took out, but apparently, it was too much.

Man, that sweet spot is so sensitive!!! It is such a fine line.

I do not want more fill or else I'd be miserable. I could hardly eat yesterday.

I'm still doing pretty good, but am looking forward to getting another fill tomorrow. I really can eat too much and if I'm anywhere near my TOM, I could eat the sole off of a shoe if it was sweetened with a little sugar!

My body shape has changed a great deal though and buying new clothes is wonderful! I'm feeling really good and know that it's only going to get better! Wheeeeeeeee

Linda: How exciting - Your getting banded this Friday! Best of luck to you Linda...not that you'll need it. Keep us posted.

Baby: hope you feel better soon:girl_hug:

Who said "I can eat the soul off a shoe if it was covered in sugar"! Too funny...a girl after my own heart! :heh:

Here's my story. My highest was 231 w/39 bmi. I was banded on 4/3/07 at 213 lbs.

I had to literally talk my surgeon (Dr. Grossbard in Zephyerhills, Florida) into doing the surgery because I would not be returning to his office until end of October 2007. (6 months later) He gave me a 1.6 cc fill 5/07.

You see my husband and I live in our motorhome year-round and travel extensively. I just returned to Florida and have an app't on Halloween. (yes, it's frightening to see how badly things went) I did pretty well losing a total of 36 lbs. We went to Canada for a month and when we returned to New England I triggered a terrible craving for dark chocolate. I can't stop. As a result I now weigh, I think 207. I'm so ashamed and embarrassed. There are emotional reasons for my slip up but I know better.

I really hope to get some positive feedback from everyone and hopefully another fill

at tomorrow's appointment. Any help?:help:

To Rvingdi

I think that you have lost a great amount, considering your lifestyle!!! Think of it like this, if you are anything like me, absent the band, you'd be UP another 10 to 20 lbs. So be glad that you are where you are.

Good luck with your fill. I am getting banded tomorrow!!!

Ginny