Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hello fellow Lower Bmi'ers!!!!

How are you all doing???

I had a bad PB on Saturday. I had a little ground meat about 10am and I not only PB'd but vomitted 3 times. I was at my pastors and didn't want to be vomitting there, so I left and had to open my door to throw up on the street!!!! It was sooooo sick!!!

I am finally going to put my QuickSlim30 to the 2nd test.

I had so much success the first few months of my surgury. I lost the bulk of my weight in the beginning and have had a plateau ever since. My band prevented me from gaining it all back!!!!! So, good combo!

I have been at a standstill for so long, so I am going to put it to the 2nd test and see if the scale will start to move again. I sure hope it does. I don't really want to get a second fill since I have been pbing and hate it. But this weight needs to start to come off!!!

If the QuickSlim30 doesn't work, I will consider another small fill.

Let's do a roll call. I have so many buddies out there I never hear from here. It makes me feel lonly here!!! BOOOOHOOOOO

So, check in and let me know you are there!!!!

Audree

Hi Audree, It's me your fellow January bandster and low BMI'er, hitting a plateau for the last few weeks. I think you look great and should feel proud that you are maintaining as well as you have been. Please do report back on the QuickSlim.

I have had a few episodes of PB'ing when I don't take small enough bites, or chew as much as I should. I keep a stash of plastic grocery bags in my car for those "just in case" times. I actually did use one on one occasion and was glad I had those (and some wipes) with me.

At my doctor's office they have told me that the last 20 pounds will be the slowest and most difficult. Following my l;ast small fill I lost maybe a couple of pounds right away, and then after that, then nothing for a while.

Still, I'm happy that I am not gaining. I really think I could lose some more if I could get motivated to exercise routinely.

I see some of my old habits creeping back in - forgetting to drink lots of Water and eating too many easy foods. I do appreciate my wonderful band that keeps me from being able to eat too much of regular food. I just can't eat the big portions that I used to be able to eat in one setting.

It is great to hear from you and the rest on this board. Keeps me encouraged.

Terry

I'm in! I was banded 8 days ago, at 5'5" and 228lb. (234 the day I started the pre-op diet) Today I was 215. I had to self pay of course, due to the "low BMI" denial, but it's done now and I'm on my way to a truely low BMI!

Congratulations and welcome to the losers side. How are you feeling? Take care of yourself and allow yourself to heal for the full time your doctor recommends.

Terry

Hey there - lurker here :).

I've been watching this thread for awhile since I fit the category and wonder so many things - you all have been a great source of info and hope.

I have my orientation meeting tonight (Sept 11 - not crazy about the date, but pushing forward anyway) - I've been waiting for an orientation since June/July, so I've had plenty of time to research and build up my anticipation. My DH is going with me (a BIG step for me - all my food issues are very private for me, but I figured that's probably been part of my problem all along - time to reach out for support!).

I hope you all are doing well - I'm thrilled to be on this journey with you!!!! :whoo:

~kat

Kat,

Welcome! Let us know what you thought about the orientation meeting. That is great that your DH is supporting you and attending the meeting. I thought it was good for my DH to hear the same things and learn about the band so that he could help support me after banding.

Terry

Hey fellow low bmi-ers! I'm just checking in, too. I have been on a plateau for about four months now (was banded 6 months ago) but I'm starting to feel like I might be losing this week. I had my 8th fill a week ago today (3.3 in a 4 cc band) and had my worst ever PB this morning--two bites of egg beaters and cheese and I slimed for an hour. Horrible. Yuck! I don't even know if it was a PB because there was nothing in my pouch--I had chewed so well that it didn't even seem like food came up. TMI. Anyway, it was SO painful it makes me scared to try egg beaters again. Or maybe it was eating soon after exercising. Or could it be "first-bite syndrome"? I guess trial and error is the only way to tell.

Everyone is doing great! Welcome to the newbies--you have a very interesting journey ahead of you! Best of luck! Karen

I am still here. I am completely bummed out right now though. I went for my

4th fill and completely lost restriction. I have an appointment friday to see what happened. I am really afraid I have a leak.

I don't have the money for a bunch of expensive tests, either.

I can't lose at all, if I don't exercise regularly.

I am going through the process of approval. I am 5' 1 3/4" weigh 224. My BMI is 42. I want to have it done now, because I keep putting it off and I keep gaining weight. Everytime I diet...I gain 5 - 10 lbs. Anyway, this site is wonderful and thanks to all of you for sharing your journey.

Love,

Nicole

I am still here. I am completely bummed out right now though. I went for my

4th fill and completely lost restriction. I have an appointment friday to see what happened. I am really afraid I have a leak.

I don't have the money for a bunch of expensive tests, either.

I can't lose at all, if I don't exercise regularly.

Denise,

Getting a leak is a big fear of mine. Did you notice the loss of restriction during the fill or after you were home? Was the fill done with fluoroscope? Did they use saline or omnipacque

Do you have any restriction at all? Please let us know what you find out on Friday.

I'll be thinking of you,

Terry

I am going through the process of approval. I am 5' 1 3/4" weigh 224. My BMI is 42. I want to have it done now, because I keep putting it off and I keep gaining weight. Everytime I diet...I gain 5 - 10 lbs. Anyway, this site is wonderful and thanks to all of you for sharing your journey.

Love,

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

I can relate to your comments about gaining with every diet. Good luck on your approval process. Do you have an idea how long the approval process will be?

Keep coming here to read and gain as much information as you can before banding.

Terry

Thanks for the welcome - I feel like I've been here awhile since I'm an avid reader (I'm sure I'll have a lot more to say further down the road, but right now I'm just an info sponge).

The orientation was nothing spectacular info-wise (I'm been reading A LOT on the web, here, and books...learn learn learn!), but it was quite significant from the standpoint of how I feel about things. I finally feel like I'm on the road rather than just watching everyone drive by, if that makes any sense.

I feel like PART of the process rather than an observer. I did my first chunk of paperwork (I love paperwork - I know, weirdo, but I do! Makes me feel productive in this kind of situation) and now I wait for the nurse to call me to schedule my surgical consult.

My biggest concern is still insurance approval with my lower BMI (right about 36 today - I've been losing some weight: 5'8" 234 down from 245). I think I have enough conditions to still warrant approval (GERD, painful knee/hip issues, sleep issues that I'm being evaluated on next week), but that's one thing that makes me nervous. I hope I have the consult soon - I don't want to lose any more weight and risk going under 35 BMI and find out I have to wait longer until I regain - yikes.

Anyway, I decided to start practicing "bandster eating" so it's a total habit by the time I need it. I just realized that I don't particularly like the fries here at my office cafeteria - chew them long enough and they're kinda gross. :)

You guys give me a lot of hope, being a lower BMI'er. Seems like goal weight is more attainable when you start out with less to lose, so I can set my mental plan more aggressive than a 50% excess level.

~kat

Your Wgt And Bmi Is The Same As Mine ,i Am Going Thru The Paperwork Portion Also. Hoping With A 36 Bmi They Will Consider Due To Blood Pressure Up And Down. I Was Placed On Medicine. I Already Recd My Med Clearance,and Cardol Clearance. Nov My Doctor Will Provide Me With My 6month Montoried Diet. Will Have Psyo. Eval And Nutr.eval The Same Day ,i Am On My Way.

Denise,

Getting a leak is a big fear of mine. Did you notice the loss of restriction during the fill or after you were home? Was the fill done with fluoroscope? Did they use saline or omnipacque

Do you have any restriction at all? Please let us know what you find out on Friday.

I'll be thinking of you,

Terry

Thanks Terry! You are very thoughtful.

I noticed the next day immediately that things weren't right. The day of

the fill, I am on liquids for 24 hours so it took until the next morning.

I have zero restriction. He didn't use the fluoroscope. He took out

what I had which was 2.5 and said he was only going to add .25. So I know

that I still had the 2.5 from my third fill. I have no idea what went wrong,

and why I don't have the 2. 75 I am supposed to have. I can't wait

until Friday to find out. I am worried!:faint:

Hi everyone,

I've been reading up on this procedure and all the things everyone here has to say. I really want to do this. My BMI is 32, but I weight more than I ever have in my life...more than I did 9 months pregnant with my first child (21 years ago) and I've done every "diet" known to man. I've lost the weight, gained it back, plus 10-20 every time! I guess what I want to know is...is it worth the (self) paying to have this done and force myself to lose this weight (forever)? Should I try "one more time" to do this on my own? Any advice? Thanks.....and I really enjoy reading what's going on with everyone out there...Keep up the good work!!!!

I paid $10,00.00 because I knew I couldn't keep the weight off even if I lost it without the band. There are very few people on lapband talk that don't think it's worth it. Most everyone says they would do it again. Go and look at the before and after pictures!

Thanks Denise. I guess I should mention that I gained 55 lbs with my first daughter. I want to go ahead and spend the money now and be healthly, not spend money for the next 30-40 years on the next fad diet and medication for all the things that will go on with me because of the weight.

Thanks Denise. I guess I should mention that I gained 55 lbs with my first daughter. I want to go ahead and spend the money now and be healthly, not spend money for the next 30-40 years on the next fad diet and medication for all the things that will go on with me because of the weight.

I too was a selfpay and do NOT miss the money for what I got in return is so worth it!