Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Questions

Good morning to all, ok another questions I know you guys can help me out with. I am 27 years old, I am 5'8" and approx. 251... I hold my weight pretty good, I am curious to the average weight people loose. Is there a point when you loose to much weight? Should I be concerned with this? How much is to much on loosing weight? And what can i exspect on the weight I might loose. My goal I think is 160, should I be aiming for something lower, like 145? Remember I am tall (see picture attached) Should there be questions to ask my surgeon, maybe not take out the entire 85% of my stomach? Please help. Thanks!

post-56840-13813665408605_thumb.jpg

First of all you are beautiful. I started at 261 being 5'2 my doctor wants me at 130. I am currently 156 so still a bit to go, but I fully intend to get there. Some people plateau around 75% excess body weight lost. At your height your goal might be around 145-150. I am very pleased with the sleeve and the results I have seen.

• Thank you.. I just didn't want to have all of the excess weight.. but anything is better than I am now.. It is a chore to just bend over and tie my shoes... seriously, is that not crazy, and I am only 27.. I am wasting my youth on this dreadfull life.. I have a daughter that I want to have energy with and play and enjoy her being a toddler. Thank you!

There are a few people who legitimately lose too much. Many of the people that keep losing too much do it because they are scared to stop losing... for fear of regaining. That is an emotional challenge.

Personally, I think a more realistic concern is that you don't lose enough. I hit goal, and all it took was adding back some carbs to stop the weight loss.

Ok, so there is always was to regain, if I feel like I have lost to much..

Your current BMI is 38.2, healthy BMI is less than 24.9. A healthy weight would be- 145 (22 BMI) to 160 (24.5 BMI) It's easier to manage weight I find with my sleeve. I fluctuate 3-5 pounds. If I want down, cut sugar and carbs and I'm there. I think the' "carry my weight well"--- (thats what friends and family say to be nice, thats what we tell ourselves to deny we are fat) prevents a lot of WLS patients from looking objectively at what is healthy for them as the person. The numbers are a ROUGH guide. Pictures speak a 1000 words. YOU will know!

Good Luck to you where ever you land. It's the journey not the arrival - you will encounter a lot of "your to thin" along the way.......... Friends and family are threatened very easily!

Good morning to all' date=' ok another questions I know you guys can help me out with. I am 27 years old, I am 5'8" and approx. 251... I hold my weight pretty good, I am curious to the average weight people loose. Is there a point when you loose to much weight? Should I be concerned with this? How much is to much on loosing weight? And what can i exspect on the weight I might loose. My goal I think is 160, should I be aiming for something lower, like 145? Remember I am tall (see picture attached) Should there be questions to ask my surgeon, maybe not take out the entire 85% of my stomach? Please help. Thanks!

[/quote']

I am also 5 ft 8 ,257 lbs once I get my sleeve I am looking to reach a healthy weight of 150 lbs . I always have people always tell me how I don't look fat and how beautiful I look , however I know that is not true being over weight is not healthy . Many people just make these statements because they feel threatened by others . I had a lapband emergency removal which never worked for me , now I'm in the process of getting the sleeve. Good luck to you at whatever weight makes you happy.

I definitely think you want them to take 85% not 65%! I think more people don't lose enough versus losing too much.

I am 39 but 5' 8" and Starting weight was 261. I have lost about 65 in 4 months. Dr thinks a good goal weight for me is 160~165. I just let him take out as much as he thought he should.

Umm... Sorry, I should clarify. You cannot really customize the percentage of stomach removed.

The surgeon will determine on his own how much to take. That being said the surgeon does try and take all of the fundus because leaving some behind can result into the stomach eventually going back to the same size as pre op.

Long story short? I was joking,

Staci below is me at 150, I am 5'8 too

post-40409-13813665508275_thumb.jpg

post-40409-13813665508762_thumb.jpg