Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi!

I'm out one week post op and I am feeling okay, I was very strict on the 2 week pre-op and didn't cheat and have done the same for the 1 of 4 week post op. But I'm struggling! Everyone is so happy with their sleeve but I feel like I'm going in slow motion! I cook for my family and I see/smell/touch good food and I want something real! I would love to eat something other than strained Soup and cream of wheat...it's old and I am a little frustrated! Sorry not meaning to complain I am just venting! smile.png Thanks for stopping by smile.png

Well you need to quit reading those threads where everyone is so happy and start reading the unhappy ones! :P

But seriously I see people everyday talking about how hard the pre op is... Not true! For me the first month post op was the hardest! You are in pain you are hungry and the one form of comfort that you had was ripped away from you!

I understand.

Now comes the part that sounds like a tired out over used saying, but it's true.

It gets better! Just give it time :)

Just hold on and give your body time to heal and I promise it does get better. :)

ReginaRings I feel you! I get how hard it is while preparing food for your family..... The only thing that helped me stay on track was telling my mind it was only for a few more weeks. I had to do that at every stage of the process until I got to solid food. The biggest battle was in my mind! A long as I kept that under control I did fine. You got this!!! Hang in there!

I know how you feel. I am 6 weeks today and I know that I am bored with most of what I can eat. I have not lost weight in over 4 weeks.

What I do is imagine being on a regular diet and think about how many years I would have to work out and stick to it, just to lose 30lbs. It gives me a different outlook.

Mix it up...purée some shrimp and add it to some wonton Soup. It helps me.

Whatever you do, just know you have support.

It's true that most of us are very happy with our sleeves. It's also true that at one week post-op many of us were not quite so happy. The first few weeks after you get sleeved are tough. They are draining emotionally, physically, and psychologically, BUT it's temporary. Before long you will be through this stage and eating normally again. It's a new normal, but it will feel pretty darn normal, and it will be great. Hang in there. The recovery period can seem like it lasts forever at times, but I promise you that before long you'll look back and be amazed at how fast it all went by. And you'll be doing all this reminiscing in a new thinner, sexier bod! It's worth it. It's soo worth it!!

Arthur: [grabs Dennis] Shut up! Will you shut up?!

Dennis: Ah, now we see the deprivation inherent in the system!

Arthur: [shakes Dennis] Shut up!

Dennis: Oh! Come and see the deprivation inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being deprived!

Arthur: Bloody Peasant!

Dennis: Ooh, what a giveaway!

I promise you it shall improve. Once again you will sup in restrained abandon. But you must be patient and bring me ....a shrubbery. Something nice but not too expensive.

Hey Regina.. I am two weeks post op and I feel your pain!! I am luck though at two weeks I get to start including soft foods so I was able to have a little bit of salmon and scrambled eggs today.. they both went down very well. I'm just so afraid of overdoing it! Hang in there... when It gets really tough for me I sit and read posts here.. most of them are very inspirational. We can do this!!! I hope you can have a bite soon... my demon is the need for something crunch...ANYTHING! a crouton, a corn nut, a raw carrot for heavens sake..anything crunchy!

Oh man. Cooking while on liquids only would have killed me. My husband took over all of the cooking for the first several weeks.

hehe... I love Monty Python!

I know the feeling! I have a husband, 3 sons, and a grandson. They eat a lot.

Here's a sample normal day:

Mom whats for Breakfast?

Me: I dunno. There's stuff in the kitchen. Go find it.

I can't find anything Mom. We don't have anything good.

Me: Just get out of there and I'll fix you something since you are evidently blind and helpless.

Thanks Mom :mellow:

Mom! I'm starving! The school lunch sucked

Me: I bought Snacks and stuff. Go find it.

I don't see any of them! Mom I'm really hungry!

Me: Just get out of the kitchen and I'll bring you something.

You rule Mom - thanks!

Mom whats for dinner???

Me: I'm making something. It will be ready in a bit.

( Start cooking something they will all enjoy - taking a bite here and there because it looks pretty good)

Me: It's ready come get it.

Thanks Mom this looks good. Are you going to eat too?

Me: Nope. I'm full from the bites I took while cooking.

So we can eat all this ourselves?

Me: thinking to myself - what a bunch of pigs they are. I reply "yes have at it"

In between all this is the following -

Grandma! I want some chocolate milk.

Grandma will you make some brownies?

Grandma I want McDonanlds!

Its crazy trying to feed everyone else while you are not supposed to have very much of what you are cooking. Be patient. After a while you adjust and it gets a lot easier.

It sure does suck initially though:) Hang in there. You got this.

Me: thinking to myself - what a bunch of pigs they are.

I went through a phase where I was appalled by the face-stuffing swine in my family and elsewhere. The feeling was eerily similar to the revulsion of watching the gorilla eat his vomit, something that seems to happen every time I look into his area at the zoo.

It passed. I've learned to co-exist. :huh::D

Thanks guys/gals!

I am 10 weeks out and had the exact same experience. I tried to stay with recommendations...it was so hard.

I pushed the envelope a bit, to try to satisfy my cravings. Those first few weeks....were so hard. I was sick of eggs, and don't like cottage cheese. Sick of yogurt.

One thing I did was to buy a calzone from a pizza shop, about 10 days out or so. Yes. A calzone. Stuffed with ricotta cheese (allowed) and pepperoni.(allowed if tolerated) I dug out the center, and ate it very very slowly. Of course I didn't eat the whole thing, but it was so satisfying. Something so different and so normal and it was wonderful. The texture and the taste helped me realize I would be able to have these things again.

Sooo...... if there is something you want that would satisfy you, think if there is a way to have it or prepare it that will work within the guidelines. You have to be creative.